Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VB.NET - Let`s discuss it!

Discussion on VB.NET - Let`s discuss it! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 11/17/2008, 03:50   #16

elite*gold: 0
"Adv. Vber Uber Leet Coder"
It's in your little message below your avatar...?
And in your sig, "Advanced Coder"...
Old 11/17/2008, 03:53   #17

Yea i am a advanced visual basic programmer? if u don't know vb is the eassist language to learn and understand? and my sig is referring to my Name. And my past history aint being discussed with you tao its between me and Justin
Old 11/17/2008, 03:56   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xprincex View Post
Yea i am a advanced visual basic programmer? if u don't know vb is the eassist language to learn and understand? and my sig is referring to my Name. And my past history aint being discussed with you tao its between me and Justin
Then why don't you take it to PMs, like you suggested?
Old 11/17/2008, 03:56   #19

Quote:
@lostsolder05
Well what is it that you are trying to prove? Just beacasue the many times u asked me to send u my sources or any other of my work i am a lying sack of bull? You havnt changed since i cussed you out, and you never will. And for your FYI i dont leach never have never will. If i cant code it myself i don't use it. This topic is turing into a worthless theard yet as i stated again.
VB isnt the hardest code to learn, its one of the more lower level coding languages so having a fully working vb source could be right i dunno, i don't really care. But your source would still fail since vb won't manage a conquer server neither is it suppost to. End of discussion
Old 11/17/2008, 03:56   #20

Quote:
@lostsolder05
Well what is it that you are trying to prove? Just beacasue the many times u asked me to send u my sources or any other of my work i am a lying sack of bull? You havnt changed since i cussed you out, and you never will. And for your FYI i dont leach never have never will. If i cant code it myself i don't use it. This topic is turing into a worthless theard yet as i stated again.

@Request Close

hmmm sure you dont
Old 11/17/2008, 04:03   #21

This Topic has Gotten way of couse back to disscusion

=--------------------------
Vb.net By far a eassy programing language to understand but making a source in vb.net aint the best route to go cross-platform could turn out pretty well. Anyone else think so?
Old 11/17/2008, 04:06   #22

I can't understand VB at all.(Wtf is with this sub and ****?)
That's an opinion.
I don't get the point of that last post at all either.... if you're saying VB.Net could go cross platform, no it can't any .NET is windows only.. but i don't get what you're saying.
Old 11/17/2008, 04:14   #23

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
@lostsolder05

@Request Close
srly, lol'd moron, i've NEVER ever asked u 2 send me ure sources, i only asked for proof that u can actually even 'code', cuz ure always bragging about how good uve gotten, etc, and besides i alrdy got like 5 diff scratch sources y would i need ure pieace of **** source? LOL, cmon srly(i got 2 diff c# scratch sources by inf, his vb.net 1, his delphi 1, lostsolders c#, and tao4229's older 1)

and, also, let's remind u y u cussed me out... 'for talking to much' LOL, was juyst trying 2 have a friendly chat, and u go all blistic and tell me 2 stfu, srly ure alrdy looking like a total moron, alrdy 2 other peepz besides me have flammed u for ure ignorance, so i suppose i aint the only 1 who thinks ure a lying, leaching, noop (Y)

also, on a side note, just like 1 1/2 weeks ago u told me u was gonna use inf's vb.net source as a base... now u suddenly coded a vb.net scratch source with all them features that fast... wow bro ure utterly amazing, lol
Old 11/17/2008, 04:58   #24

I guess this aint much of visual basic talk. All i am going to say on this topic is i agree with lostsolder05.
Old 11/17/2008, 05:02   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
I guess this aint much of visual basic talk. All i am going to say on this topic is i agree with lostsolder05.
yea, soz about going offtopic evry1, just wanted 2 point out for no1 2 actually trust this kid, also wanted 2 point out that he shouldnt talk bs, when he can't back it up :O

anywayz, let's go back ontopic shall we? lol
Old 11/17/2008, 05:17   #26

Yea, So i have sources well i have a lot of sources and i just got Inf''s vb.net one and its pretty good and was tinkering with it and updated a few things but yea it looks nice but as i think someone said. Its not worth trying to make one in vb.net unless ur Inf i guess or my brother
Old 11/17/2008, 11:38   #27

I`d like to state that I`m not trying to make a source in VB.NET. Although I made some basic socket app in it but anyways. The point of this thread was to discuss about VB.NET as an other way. Although I prefer C#, it`s still interesting.

Anyways, what do you people think about MSSQL?
Old 11/17/2008, 16:59   #28

You mean Microsoft Sql with u say that right? If so then i personally dont like it i would rather use ini base or MySql . But then again i never used it so i really dont have anything i could say . El can u explain it to me?
Old 11/17/2008, 17:14   #29

MSSQL is good, certainly comparable, if not better than MySQL. It's probably not as fast in most cases, but it's far more stable. Both DB's have quite similar features, but MSSQL supports XML, which is unsupported on MySQL. The other differences lie in things like table sizes, data partitioning etc, which aren't really key features needed for a private server, because you'll never reach a database of any scale where it matters.

One particular dislike of minw with MSSQL is the accounts being integrated with Windows. I find it awkward to manage, and isn't great for a database that gets distributed, where everyone would need to mess with their Windows account preferences to use it. MySQL's account organization as part of the database itself is a bit more ideal for this scenario. Although, we should all be making our own accounts and passwords properly anyway. (unless you want your DB to be hacked)

If you're gonna choose between MySQL and MSSQL, choose the one you're more comfortable coding for. They're both more than capable of being used for a server, as are other databases like Postgre.

The database you use isn't as important as coding it properly anyway. Take for example, this in LOTF source I found
Code:
MySqlCommand Command = new MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO guilds (GuildID,GuildName,Fund,GuildLeader,MembersCount,DLs,NormalMembers,Allies,Enemies,GWWins,HoldingPole,Bulletin) VALUES (" + GuildID + ",'" + GuildName + "',1000000,'" + Creator.Name + ":" + Creator.UID.ToString() + ":" + Creator.Level.ToString() + ":1000000',1,'','','','',0,0,'New guild')", Connection);
Now, I should make a guild name, such as "'' DELETE * FROM 'Accounts'", and see how much fun the server admin has after that.
Old 11/17/2008, 17:22   #30

How bout other database systems like Oracle? Of course I already chose my DB, but I just wanna see the other alternatives