Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Convert to ini files.

Discussion on Convert to ini files. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Convert to ini files.

I've heard alot of talk about ini files lately. im not really looking into doing it, but a little knowledge never hurt anyone. So can some tell how to do it. Just some guidance, not an entire manual. lol
Old 11/10/2008, 21:54   #2

The Windows API has some functions for accessing INI files.

Of course this isn't in C# so you would have to P/Invoke the DLL (kernel32.dll) for each function. You can see hadeset did this in his INI class.

For P/Invoke signatures, is nice, otherwise you can search on .
Old 11/10/2008, 21:56   #3

look at the keving`s source he posted, it has the character/accounts made already
Old 11/10/2008, 21:59   #4

@ nTL3fTy Thanks, i'll take a look.

alexbigfoot I'll look at it, but even if it's already done, i'd like to know how it was done. Maybe nTL3fTy's info can help but it looks complicated. lol
Old 11/10/2008, 22:46   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia13 View Post
@ nTL3fTy Thanks, i'll take a look.

alexbigfoot I'll look at it, but even if it's already done, i'd like to know how it was done. Maybe nTL3fTy's info can help but it looks complicated. lol
its not that complicated, basically it loads the .ini file and reads/writes data to locations within that file based on a parameter name, it finds it within the file and just read/writes at that location, in the simplest terms.
Old 11/10/2008, 23:06   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia13 View Post
I've heard alot of talk about ini files lately. im not really looking into doing it, but a little knowledge never hurt anyone. So can some tell how to do it. Just some guidance, not an entire manual. lol
Check out hybrids video tutorial, his lesson on classes has a lot to do with INIFile reading/writing
Old 11/11/2008, 00:04   #7

Mind giving me a link? Not sure where to find it.
Old 11/11/2008, 01:24   #8

Thanks
1 User