Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NPC Dialogue

Discussion on NPC Dialogue within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
NPC Dialogue

Old 12/18/2011, 07:51   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Write a simple packet logger and log the npc scripts from tq servers. Keep in mind that since the binary db was created basically all the npcs have changed so it would be of fairly little use. It would also only work to automatically log the first page of text (tq uses a tree based dialogue system which will not be properly compatible with the normal bin db)

That's what I did to fill in the text for albetros' npcs. Required little to no work but of course it only filled in first page of text. Still saves some time :P.

You could always write a slightly more advanced tool that lets you assign linkbacks to each option and then record the next page of text. Basically it would dump all possible pages it can into a file which the program would then let you link back together and then dump into the database. That would require a bit more work though
Thanks
1 User

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Redemption Job Change Dialogue
10/29/2011 - Rappelz - 17 Replies
A lot of people seem to think I have no intent of releasing work that could benefit the community in some way. This is simply not true; So after witnessing the very basic Master Class transfer npc_job_change.lua not that there's anything wrong with it. But how about a little life for some, maybe bring a new experience when speaking to someone as story important as the job change NPC's. So I wrote a whole set of new dialogue's unique to each class going from the very first all the way to...
Doubts about the NPC dialogue
06/20/2011 - CO2 Private Server - 5 Replies
Guys, I'm having to add my dificudades NPC to talk, I'm using sourcer 5375. I create all the coder and add a new NPC in the database with the ID case the coder. The NPC does not start the dialogue, can someone tell me why? I'm not using sourcer 12Talis because she does not need task and is much easier. PS: I have a slight feeling that has something to do the task, alkyl can help me?
Problem in the NPC dialogue 5375
06/09/2011 - CO2 Private Server - 0 Replies
Hello all go my question is very easy and simple, but is a doubt very important. Well we know how to create an NPC just add the codes in dialogs.cs and insert an ID, this ID will be the same in sql table of NPCs, but when I turn the server is not the NPC Honestly .. I have a doubt about the table fields npc (task0, Task1, task2 ...) I would like to know if this is what is missing to start with on the NPC decks. PS: My source is 5375 Question: :rtfm: What are the task and how do I tell my...
[Question]NPC Dialogue from Ini
09/12/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 19 Replies
Ok so ive been messing with NPC dialogue, trying to find a good way to load them and make them editable while the server is running. Using COSX 5065 (i think) ive managed to load npc dialogue from an ini, and they are editable while the server is running BUT i still have the NPC options cases still hard coded. Would it be a good idea to keep these hard coded (limiting the edit-ability to just the text) Or should i go for a full rewrite of the npc dialogue area. This is based on a...
[REL] Fixed dialogue with proper grammar npcs for CoEmu v2
06/06/2010 - CO2 PServer Guides & Releases - 24 Replies
Hey, Even for contributing the easiest things possible to create it is still a need to have proper npcs. Feel free to press thanks, if you don't i don't care either way. **PrizeNPC In character.cs Then the npc itsself: