Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AcidCO, The best freaking server ever (Hey, I coded HybridCO!)

Discussion on AcidCO, The best freaking server ever (Hey, I coded HybridCO!) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 08/09/2008, 01:22   #31

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHawtness View Post
So, InfamousNoone (+ his team, maybe?) cracked the new encryption? I didn't, we got it from my partner (Ultimation's) friend, Bruno, hence why he's on my Special Thanks list.
Doesn't that mean, that all the people who say it's impossible that there's a working proxy, are wrong? Yes, but very little people have a working proxy, probably 10 at most (I'd really say "3" for me, Ultimation and Bruno, but I don't know how many people there are in CID and shit, and who else has it working, but it's not public).
I mean, if he (+ his team?) could crack it, why shouldn't other people be able to do it? They suqz
Off topic, I know, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyoal View Post
Because Inf harnesses the server in which he sends out the encryption methods to the client. If someone was to make a proxy, it would have to intercept the packets and determine a number sent by the server, and btw...Its a really secure algorithm.
Inf harnesses the number and can tell the client what to do, the proxy would have to decipher the number before it deciphers the packets.
I dunno what you just said
Hiyoal
Shakafu!
Old 08/09/2008, 14:11   #32

Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
I've never had a ram issue before with this, I'm very conservative with my memory.

I've now developed my own sql syntax now

Example of an INI file storing character data
lol dont worry, ive full faith in your memory management, i was just stating that the ram usage would go up, not hdd space
Old 08/10/2008, 12:09   #33

Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:
Shakafu!
Wtf is Shakafu?!
Old 08/10/2008, 12:44   #34

elite*gold: 0
Account passwords are stored without encryption, or was that just the example?
Old 08/10/2008, 15:41   #35

Oh Yeah! Very very good work this time with private servers! Atleast someone made priv server which uses new encryption which makes it work with latest clients, not some crappy 5016! Also it's nice to see that you guys have sticked in one project and ur developing it in a team. Ill go test that server now.

Edit: Offline
Old 08/10/2008, 17:33   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTL3fTy View Post
Account passwords are stored without encryption, or was that just the example?
Yeah, when you login, we decrypt the password sent by the client; then compare it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.anzi View Post
Oh Yeah! Very very good work this time with private servers! Atleast someone made priv server which uses new encryption which makes it work with latest clients, not some crappy 5016! Also it's nice to see that you guys have sticked in one project and ur developing it in a team. Ill go test that server now.

Edit: Offline
It's down because last night, I implemented RB, a bug was found and people were obtaining illegitimate stat point amounts.
Old 08/10/2008, 19:45   #37

this is a leveling server \ PK server?
Old 08/10/2008, 20:35   #38

At the moment we're doing what QO did, code it so it looks like a PVP server, but still be adding the required things for leveling; Once that done, split the sources up, and we've got a leveling AND pvp server.
Old 08/11/2008, 05:36   #39

Here's a hint. Don't use "ini" files. Last game I worked with did flat files, it was horrible. It's just bad. Granted it offers more flexibility, it's rape on your HDD and with auto saving as often as CO should have (and saving for item transactions and such) it will be immense disk access for a large server.
Old 08/11/2008, 05:56   #40

Quote:
Yes, but very little people have a working proxy, probably 10 at most (I'd really say "3" for me, Ultimation and Bruno, but I don't know how many people there are in CID and ****, and who else has it working, but it's not public).
Add at least another 3 to that. (myself not included, just people I know of).
Old 08/11/2008, 17:19   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
Here's a hint. Don't use "ini" files. Last game I worked with did flat files, it was horrible. It's just bad. Granted it offers more flexibility, it's rape on your HDD and with auto saving as often as CO should have (and saving for item transactions and such) it will be immense disk access for a large server.
It's been fine so far (and was fine on HCO with 400 players), and I only save a character when they log out.
Old 08/13/2008, 01:05   #42

I sneezed, so the thread was bumped.
Old 08/13/2008, 01:31   #43

Quote:
I sneezed, so the thread was bumped.
hey hey!
No Sneez-Bumpin!!
Old 08/13/2008, 19:56   #44

i'm lookin foreward to tryin this server, if it'll ever let me on lol
Old 08/13/2008, 20:22   #45

Its actually not THE BEST FREAKING SERVER but its a good server this server is like on the number 3 on my list from the best servers ^^ 1. qonquer 2. coemu 3. acidco
nice work guys