Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Problem in adding New Skills

Discussion on Problem in adding New Skills within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Problem in adding New Skills

Well i tried to add the 2 new skills and i added the Skill book ID in packethandler and i added the Skills ID into magictype.SQL but when i tried to use them i got that Error ..What should i do ?

Old 08/12/2011, 03:52   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Sounds like you never handle the skill properly inside the source.

You say that you 'handle the skill in the packet handler'. It should be part of your attack./spell handling code. You should scroll up to see what the error is and where it occurs, check out that section of code and do a bit of breakpointing.

Sounds to me like you're just not coding it properly inside the source.
Old 08/12/2011, 05:23   #3

but all i understood is the problem in packet handler..but if so why it give an error in handle.cs ?
Old 08/12/2011, 05:41   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Because that's where the issue IS.

It mentions Packet handler because that's how the data flows.

You receive the packet (AsyncSocket.cs line 89), you then handle the packet receive method (Program.cs line 1212) and then process the packet in your Packet processor before handling the skill. The actual ERROR is in the SKILL handling as I said. Go to the line it's talking about, place some breakpoints and use some common sense to figure out where the actual issue lies.

From the last few words of the error that is visible I'm assuming it's a null reference exception where you're not targeting or handling the skill properly.

Again, a few simple tests on your end would fix this up.... you just need to spend some time actually DOING IT yourself. Few breakpoints and 5-10 min of research should be enough.
Old 08/12/2011, 16:42   #5

aha but 5-10 mins if im pro coder like you anyways i'd like to say Thanks alot dude .ill try what u said then give u the result
Old 08/12/2011, 23:14   #6

elite*gold: 28
actually for pro4never(most coders, including me) would take upto a minute to figure out depending on the problem(if its advanced, 10 mins max as you said) but yeah, this should take a beginner who knows how to breakpoint and the very basics of c# a few minutes, if you cant figure it out, you quite possibly need to get help from google.