Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Developing a server!

Discussion on Developing a server! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Developing a server!

Hello.

So, as I see the Conquer PServer community is just growing rapidly, as well as the interest for private servers, I figured it's a good time to start developing a good, stable and independent server, that everyone would enjoy!

About:
The reason why I am looking to build up a team, or joining an existing one is simply because it would save time, and would definitely come out better in the end, as the team can motivate each other and support each other. I already have a detailed plan of how the source should be built up, using a DAL for the database (possibly LINQ->SQL), the theory behind QuadTree and much more that would make the performance go up a notch.

Game-play:
When it comes to the game-play, I am interested in latest client with latest features. I already have a server-base with some of the latest features and that is working on latest patch.

Team:
For a successful team, I see the need of atleast:
  • 1-2 Programmer (besides me)
  • 1-2 Web-designer (HTML,PHP,ASP)
  • 1 Server manager

Applying:
If you are interested in applying, or want to know more before making up your mind,
please make a post in this thread or private message me.

Best regards,
Emme
Old 05/02/2011, 14:29   #2

elite*gold: 0
Hmm, goodluck with ur server!!
Hope it will be good
Old 05/02/2011, 14:56   #3

I seriously do not see the point of using a quadtree in such a small enviroment as CO. Btw...
Old 05/02/2011, 15:05   #4

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
I seriously do not see the point of using a quadtree in such a small enviroment as CO. Btw...
I know, QuadTree has probably better use with 3D games and bigger ones, but should give some performance boost by dividing map into cells. Remember, only the theory behind quadtree :P

And yeah, but I feel like this thread would get better response than that one, also could turn into a discussion about the server itself.
Old 05/02/2011, 17:01   #5

Emme... if you ever need my help... fell free to ask me at msn >D
also good luck :P
Old 05/02/2011, 18:54   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Stickies.

Closed.
Closed Thread