Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Beta] Alchemy2.0

Discussion on [Beta] Alchemy2.0 within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
[Beta] HellmouthCo - Commands enabled!

So as some of you know (or at least the ones I talk to on msn), I've decided to restart my old server project. This will be advancing somewhat slow due to the fact that I am in univ and things will be getting very busy soon.

That being said, I've purchased a vps and gotten a significant amount of work done on my source and am to the point where I really do need to start getting people on the server in order to flesh things out more.

<edit>

<Updates: 20/2/10>

Fan/tower re-calculated:

Fixed all known bugs with the calculations including...

-Glory gems now work properly in towers
-Stats calculate properly as you add/remove them (they were stacking for a while lol)
-Revamped tower defense to be slightly larger than fan. This will balance gameplay when we go beta.
-Tested calculations for quality, gems and plus. All are working properly.

Guild war Mini revamp:

-Guild gates no longer heal every time you open/close them.
-Gates that have been destroyed cannot be closed until the pole changes hands (it will close but has 0 hp)

Fixed buggy guild deletion:

-Guilds delete properly now
Note: you may need to relog. I'll fix that part later though.

Lotto revamp:

-Balanced out the chances of +'s (no longer same chance to get a +8 as it is to get a +1)
-Fixed prize broadcast msgs
-Added chance to win blessed items (1,3,5)
-Lowered chance of sockets
-Lowered chance to get dbs
-Raised chance to win items (chance of winning nothing is lower now)
-Gave armors/headgear a random color when won from lotto

Removed unwanted npcs from market

Adjusted composition costs (past +9)

Adjusted login server

Added voting system on login
-Currently voting will cause it not to pop up for that character for 12 hours. I may convert it to an ip check to reduce annoyance on alt chars... depends how lazy I am though.
-Added small reward for voting (50 guild points)

Removed Nado lockon
Single target spells will no longer auto target characters.

In summary: Pvp has been completely 'revamped' in that there are FAR less damage calculation bugs that were pissing people off. No more 2k+ zaps from trojans, stuff is balanced now.
<UPDATE>
Sun, Feb 7: 9:14 Pm
Bug fixes in last day
-Added buffer to tfb to check where attacked client is when final attack code is executed. This removes the lag hits that cause players to hit when a client has already jumped away
-Added buffer to melee/wep skills: No more laggy long distance hits (yay!)
-Corrected problem where guards were attackable in peace/capture mode
-Added dueling system: Version 1.0 added to server! Complete, npc just needs betting and custom points to be finished. 2.0 will include map checks to make sure players are sent to separate maps from eachother

<UPDATE> More screenshots

Duel system

Quiz show

New login screen <Updated>

*NEW* Player commands are now enabled for pre-beta testing!! *NEW*
All players currently have access to
/teleport
/scroll
/item
/prof
/skill
/vit/dex/spi/str
/xp
/money
/cps
/job
+ more

PRE-BETA ONLINE NOW!
-Vps now online
-Domain online
-Temp website online
-Registration page online
-Forum online

The server is now up: Expect updates with new features on a regular basis as well as some announcements for special events (heads up, planning next weekend to do a stress test so I can hopefully figure out approximately how many players this server can handle) as well as screenshots and videos of game updates.

New domain name is

Features

CoEmu 5095 based source:

Code:
Guild/Guild war system: 90 percent
	-Guilds 100 percent: Ally/enemy/creation/bulletin/etc
	-Guild pole 95 percent: Forbid attack for all attack 
	 types if you are holding pole (common problem in many 
	 sources, you could use aoe/fb to still hit pole if you already won)
		-Need to code the pole for healing it up.
	-Guild halos 100 percent: Assigned from killing pole, no npcs, 
	 saving fully. Loose halo when you loose the pole, gain it 
	 when you gain the pole. Simple enough.
	-Guild war rewards: 50 percent:
		-Fund/donation 100 percent: Hitting the pole adds donation 
		 and guild fund properly
		-Final reward from gw not implemented: will be doing that 
		 later on once server is more complete
	-Monsters 99 percent
		-All monster moving/attacking/spawning working fully. Dmaps ftw!
	-Skills 98 percent
		-Weapon skills: 100 percent (added buffer to avoid long range hits!)
		-Xp skills: 95 percent: All except fatal strike, not sure if I want 
		 to implement that
		-Aoe spells: 95 percent: All working/calculating properly. need 
		 to add some mana costs/damage adjustment for some of them
		-Single target skills/spells: 95 percent: Finished, need to add 
		 some mana costs/damage adjustments
		-Ninja skills: Update: nerfed fog, nerfed TFB and made it have a range buffer (no laggy long range hits!)
		-Reflect 99 percent: Does not cap damage currently
	-Vending 100 percent
	-Nobility 100 percent (with icon, no shitty npcs)
	-Quiz show 95 percent (working, no rewards currently)
	-Random event system 80 percent (working, still adding more random events such as pvp tournies)
	-Warehouse password 100 percent
	-Friend/enemy/partner 100 percent
	-Trade 100 percent
	-View gears 100 percent
	-Marriage 100 percent
	-Met/db bank *IMPROVED* 100 percent
	-Hunt npc quest 95 percent (needs more prizes)
	-Lotto 80 percent (working, needs more prizes)
	-Exp balls 100 percent
	-Heavens bless 99 percent. needs tweaking 
	-Improved Auto Cp System 80 percent. needs tweaking
	-Dis City 80 percent. Functionality in place.. need to actually finish piecing it all together though. 

NEW: Dueling system! Challenge a player to a 1v1 fb/ss tournament! First to hit limit wins.

Anyone wanting to help test should post here or our forums. Registration is open now so come log on and take a look around. If you are wanting to help develop the server more, let one of us know. We will be happy to accept any help you can provide.

I WILL be looking for staff: Currently not accepting requests. Staff will be chosen from those who do well in the pre-beta testing phase.

Note: I will be looking for decent graphic designers to help with site/client mods. That's not something I'm good at or enjoy.

Till then,
Pro4Never

<edit>

In case you guys missed the change, this is online now.

Pre-beta will last the next week or two minimum while serious bugs are fixed (seriously... it's amazing how much you miss when it's only you playing). When pre-beta ends there will be a full server wipe and those who had gm before wipe will NOT be getting it back (unless they obtain a staff position... which is determined partially by past performance during the pre-beta phase. Rates during pre-beta will be VERY high (and most people will have pm/gm)

NOTE: To get pm on the server, show up and test and lemme know (without spamming or being an idiot) that you would like to gm test. The only real requirement is not causing problems with other players and speaking decent english/knowing wtf you are doing... this will obviously be removed in beta

Beta is expected to last the next month or two at LEAST while we flesh out full features and add unique stuff to the source. As it is right now there is alot of stuff that needs to be finished. That being said it's still alot better then most of the generic bin servers being thrown around in this section (not pointing fingers )

Alpha will start when all added features are stable/finished (doesn't mean server is finished, just means there are no huge gaping holes being patched daily/hourly). Alpha will again tighten the server up a bit and making things a little bit harder to obtain in game (seeing as you will want something to work for lol)
Old 02/05/2010, 06:52   #2

elite*gold: 20
Id be willing to help with coding if you would like
Old 02/05/2010, 08:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
Id be willing to help with coding if you would like
That would be great. I know very well I won't have time to code every single thing myself. If you want to help contribute some features that would be awesome.

Pm me your msn, that way I can talk to you a bit more when I have everything up and running.

---- ***... I just spent well over an hour going through every npc sub type making a list of ones I wanted to use for quests... NOT fun. like 900 tries + some notes and I don't even get anything useful out of it for now.

Anyways, I think I'll finish coding flamelit then head to bed.
Old 02/05/2010, 16:29   #4

elite*gold: 0
Just read through what has been done so far and sound very promising.
I can't help with coding but would be more than happy to test.
Old 02/06/2010, 00:59   #5

Update: Vps is online.

<Edit>

Server is up: Tracking down bugs like mad (already fixed like 3 very serious errors, not bad for only like 2 players online and just starting up)

Players wanting to help beta test should pm me. We will be doing a very short pre-beta test where all players will have gm powers for rapid testing.

Pming me for information will give you the temp site link, files to connect and any other applicable information. NOTE: all accounts will be deleted once server goes beta. Beta will consist of high rates, lots of testing and (hopefully) no wipes.

PLEASE: do not distribute the temp site ID as everything is not fully configured and I'd hate for someone to get all douchy and start messing with the vps before everything is fully setup for normal use. This is an EARLY test, bugs are to be expected.

Further note: Gm accounts will only be given out to players who PROPERLY contact me ingame. Aka, no random egys will be getting a gm account. Too bad for them.

Bugs: I changed the starting level to 70 instead of giving out the levels from the starting npc. This causes players to have no stats. This will be fixed tomorrow when I re-code the starting npcs (as they are right now they are the base ones from a random source I referenced ages ago). Ask a gm and they will give you an exp ball (if you don't qualify for gm status) to level you up some so your stats reset. Again, this is a very temp problem. I just need a time when I have a few min and am not drunk so I can re-build the server with the solution.
Old 02/06/2010, 13:19   #6

Server online now.

There will be a SERIOUS rebuild tomorrow that will be fixing a ton of bugs but till then the server is up and crashing bugs seem to have been handled so it shouldn't be down much unless things are being revamped.

*NEW* Domain name setup:

Note: Website is not finished... try not to judge it too harshly. It works for now though ^^

Note: forums are online, please report bugs, post suggestions and generally make yourself at home.

Note: Pm access will be handed out in this pre-beta phase to those who take part in testing, are respectful and ask (without spamming or being a douche). Lemme know in game or on our forums if you want PM status (that will be starting tomorrow mid/late day. Gotta re-work commands so idiots don't start kicking/banning everyone in sight)
Old 02/06/2010, 14:42   #7

Good luck dude,I will test it when ima at home.
Old 02/06/2010, 15:07   #8

elite*gold: 20
This is gonna be a very successful server
Old 02/06/2010, 15:10   #9

Respect

Respect,
thats reallye good ;D
Old 02/07/2010, 03:46   #10

Database errors from lastnight appear to be all fixed. Server seems stable (no crashes in past few hours, then again not much load right now)

Website helpdesk system now online; (any graphic designers wanna customize some of this ****? We really need a client/wesbite editor. As you can see I have no real sense of artistic style with these things)
Forum improved;

Ask in helpdesk or post on forum if you run into any problems. You can also pm me if you need more information or anything.

Note: I just wanna point out. #1 started running this on vps LASTNIGHT, #2 it's PRE-BETA BUG TESTING

I had a few people kinda ****** off cause there was a bunch of downtime lastnight. #1: it was a friday night, i was busy, #2: there were a shitload of database problems due to me being half asleep and slightly drunk when I was fixing actual errors, #3: You should not be expecting full up time at this stage!

Anyways, server status indicates last known players online (if the server were to freeze or shut down it will stay at last updated count) so that's not the perfect indication of if it's running or not. Seeing as the website and server are both on the vps it's not like I can just do a ping check... so yah. You are best asking in the live support to see if things are down/get an estimated up time.
Old 02/09/2010, 09:06   #11

Bump,

Updated first post,

Updates since last post

-Duel system released for testing.

-Fixed a number of bugs

-Fixed a bunch of mob spawns

-Fixed lotto (rates still in flux)

-Added preview for new client login screen (full version will be finished tomorrow, even the 0.5 version is kinda sick)

-Uploaded full beta client with auto patcher

-Fixed adding guild deps from npc: (forgot I had disabled it lol)

<In progress>

Loads of pvp tournaments and quests will be released next week or so. Now that we have most of the attack and serious bugs fixed we are going to focus on adding content. This will include the following.

-Guild points system (reward from gw)
-Class pk tournies (with top class halo, saved and updated properly obviously
-Death match tournament
-Ancient devil quest (beta version) - Being coded by iPood now
-Snake island quest (beta version) - Being coded by iPood now
-Base war pvp event

We are still looking for more testers, players and staff. Graphic designers and client modders would be especially appreciated. Currently it's just Liam doing the client which is a huge job (although he's going an amazing job)

Note: Anti proxy system will be implemented preferably before server goes into beta, if not very soon after. Hunter is working on it with someone else.

Thanks to all the people who have lent a hand in the project so far and have come helped test features over the past few days. You guys have definitely helped alot and notice things I don't think of testing.
Old 02/10/2010, 05:10   #12

this actually looks pretty **** cool
Old 02/10/2010, 10:52   #13

im gonna join looks kewl...
Old 02/10/2010, 20:30   #14

<Updates>

New client login screen is finished and online via auto patch.

<Mini-Update>

Revision 0.3 will be pushed back a little bit due to real life commitments. That being said you can expect it to include...

-Fix for the login eq bug (just haven't had the time to look at it, till then just /dc and log back and gear will show.)
-Guild war revamp: No more /rev or /xp in guild war. Revive points set to outside the castle (random to avoid camping).
-Quests: Ancient devil and snake island should be finished. Just gotta implement them using the code the staff has come up with.
-Guild war points: Reward system from taking part in gw + some test rewards from it.
-Random events re-implemented
-Pk events (king of hill, last man standing, to point limit, time limit)
-Certain attack bugs involving death
-Updated lag buffer for tfb/melee (tfb needs some revamp now that I nerfed it more)
-Fixes to hurc (both in range, lag buffer, damage and team mode functionality)

0.3 can be expected most likely in the next 2 weeks (again, I have 2 massive essays due so I can't dedicate as much time for the next little bit. This WILL be done and WILL be implemented fairly soon still... just not as soon as I might have hoped.

Website revamp can be expected at the end of pre-beta.. so like another 2 weeks.

Pre-beta will end when the bulk of serious bugs have been fixed and a few more systems have been added (guild rewards and most of the pvp events). That way they will be tested properly before everyone becomes noobs again.

<News>

Not an update but one of my friends irl just bought a dedicated server in europe with a 1gbps connection and offered me bandwidth if I decided I wanted to host a second server. This obviously wont be happening any time soon but if the project expands, I can get a kick *** second server added to it.
Old 02/12/2010, 05:51   #15

<Mini-Update>

Apparently I lied about things going to slow down for a bit. Still gotten significant updates done.

Encryption updated: Should remove most aimbotters/proxy users (obviously not a permanent solution but it makes them a pain to use.

Guild war revamp: No more /rev or /xp in guild war. Revive button revives you at a random location outside the gates.

Guild war points: test version now online (currently can only trade for met/db but the points themselves work). Variable rate dependent on holding pole, enemy of pole holder, ally of pole holder and no guild relation to pole holder. Further modified by guild rank (3x gl 2x dep 1x member)

Chat box added: I hate them but hey, it works.

Few minor bug fixes but nothing to really mention.

Significant start on dynamic maps (for houses/dueling system)
Significant start on re-doing mob spawns (PM/HM's ready to do your thing soon? xD)
Forum banner updated
Website revamp won't be till closer to beta. No time to re-code that **** right now.

Updated ranking: #74
Closed Thread