Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dawn of the Knights - 5065

Discussion on Dawn of the Knights - 5065 within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Selling Source - Dawn of the Knights - 5065

The server is version 5065 :
Features :

-> NO CPs Drops
-> +1 items Drops
-> Gold Drops
-> GuildWar (From Saturday to Sunday)
-> Lost Treasure Quest (Daily, gather coins and exchange them for rewards(+ stones, mets, Dbs)
-> Old composition system
-> Red/Black Name Players drop their items if killed!
-> Few more Daily Quests (one for level 1+ players, one 50+ players and on 80+)
->Class PK Tournament with random rewards as + stones, mets, gold, CPs
->Hourly PK Tournament with random rewards as + stones, mets, gold, CPs
->Hourly Fb/SS PK Tournament with random rewards as + stones, mets, gold, CPs
->Many new Garments added, available on shop in market.
-> X3 and x5 Exp Potions added as rewards for events (We will also add Titan and Ganoderma for the ExpPots)
-> Items added up to 140 (custom quest to get UpgradeCert)
-> Reborn Tokens drop from Bosses
The idea behind the server is to be balanced PvE /PvP!
Having fun hunting and looting so you can improve your equipment!

New TQ maps and portals fully working!

Not bugless, its fairly complete (features, NPCs) and stable.
Server was still in development so players are welcomed to test all features.
Here are some screenshots from the game:

Dawn of the Knights

Website

(not perfect but it does the job)

Facebookpage

Old 12/30/2014, 22:53   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Guessing this is Redux based?

Always happy to see servers being developed with it as well as really any servers who aren't bin/ncos/trinity xD

Best of luck with the server. Hit me up sometime if you have any questions about the source assuming you're using it.

<edit>
The 'soon to be added features' are quite manageable. Would be happy to walk you through the process if you'd like.
Old 12/31/2014, 07:31   #3

Thank you, yeah is Redux based, I learned a lot of things while working on it, for features I am thinking to create an file that manages quests logic, and still can't figure out how to duplicate maps for events and quests.
Old 12/31/2014, 16:27   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujake View Post
Thank you, yeah is Redux based, I learned a lot of things while working on it, for features I am thinking to create an file that manages quests logic, and still can't figure out how to duplicate maps for events and quests.
Duplicating maps is pretty simple.

The map system already supports dynamic maps but they aren't being used by the rest of the server.

Basically you need a Player.ChangeMap function that allows for dynamic and static id for maps. Always compare your map validity checks vs STATIC ID and you'll be fine.

It will require some tweaks with how map information is loaded as well as portal functionality but past that it's not too hard to get working in base redux.
Old 01/02/2015, 18:23   #5

Changed the PVP events map and NPC.
Added VIP Levels that improve hunting experience.
Arena is now back to normal.
Old 01/02/2015, 20:01   #6

elite*gold: 130
My client crashes pretty often. Running Windows 8.1 Pro x64 in full screen mode 1024x768. This mostly happens while scattering at Pheasants/Turtledoves. I hope it's not because I am using Windows 8.1 or something like that. And yeah so far I have enjoyed playing that server but uhm.. crashing client every minute is not really amusing. So when the problem is Windows 8.1, then I am going to downgrade back to Windows 7. It's definately worth it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2015, 21:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ. View Post
My client crashes pretty often. Running Windows 8.1 Pro x64 in full screen mode 1024x768. This mostly happens while scattering at Pheasants/Turtledoves. I hope it's not because I am using Windows 8.1 or something like that. And yeah so far I have enjoyed playing that server but uhm.. crashing client every minute is not really amusing. So when the problem is Windows 8.1, then I am going to downgrade back to Windows 7. It's definately worth it.
Thanks for post, also can you upload somewhere the log files from client/debug ? wanna see if i can find some answers there.
I edited a lot of client stuff and probably something regarding that causes this.
I am working to get an client that should pose no problems.
Old 01/02/2015, 21:52   #8

Quote:
Thanks for post, also can you upload somewhere the log files from client/debug ? wanna see if i can find some answers there.
I edited a lot of client stuff and probably something regarding that causes this.
Not sure how much direct advice I can give on this but yah.. Client crashes are generally based around invalid data being sent Server>Data (invalid packet structures, packets that are too large or spammed too fast for the client to keep up with or packets that have been encrypted/sent in the wrong order)

These issues are RELATIVELY rare in Redux but I know there was at least a few in the public version I posted.

I'd suggest 3 things to focus your troubleshooting.

#1: Get client debug logs as you mentioned. They should mention a packet ID if it's what caused the crash and that will point you in the right direction when it comes to re-structuring packets.

#2: Keep a disconnection log. Personally I copy and save all packets being sent to the client and on disconnection post a log of the 10 packets sent to the client before they disconnected.

#3: Implement packet joining. In the public version I do not do this but I noticed many of my client stability issues went away when I started combining waiting packets before sending them to the client.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2015, 21:58   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Not sure how much direct advice I can give on this but yah.. Client crashes are generally based around invalid data being sent Server>Data (invalid packet structures, packets that are too large or spammed too fast for the client to keep up with or packets that have been encrypted/sent in the wrong order)

These issues are RELATIVELY rare in Redux but I know there was at least a few in the public version I posted.

I'd suggest 3 things to focus your troubleshooting.

#1: Get client debug logs as you mentioned. They should mention a packet ID if it's what caused the crash and that will point you in the right direction when it comes to re-structuring packets.

#2: Keep a disconnection log. Personally I copy and save all packets being sent to the client and on disconnection post a log of the 10 packets sent to the client before they disconnected.

#3: Implement packet joining. In the public version I do not do this but I noticed many of my client stability issues went away when I started combining waiting packets before sending them to the client.
Found something regarding some packets, gonna look into them and compare with some other source to see the structure they need.
As for #3, packets are not my "thing", so i will look into quick solutions after i find the problem.
Old 01/02/2015, 22:30   #10

Quote:
Found something regarding some packets, gonna look into them and compare with some other source to see the structure they need.
As for #3, packets are not my "thing", so i will look into quick solutions after i find the problem.
Basically packet joining just involves taking all packets waiting to be sent and combining them into a large array before sending.

The 'hard' part is just making sure you are copying to the larger array properly. As a side note you only need to append TQServer at the end of the large packet as far as I can remember (been working with 5017 so very sorry if that's incorrect. Not done it in so long)
Old 01/03/2015, 00:44   #11

Mujake, I suggest you to post questions about Redux in the correct thread instead of here since this has nothing to do with Redux but with a private server running on Redux.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/03/2015, 01:04   #12

Quote:
Here is the log:
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/05/2015, 15:33   #13

Good server JOIN NOW!
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/06/2015, 12:03   #14

With todays update :
Custom VIP System is added and improved ( automatically creates DB Scrolls or Metscrolls )

Added Hourly Fb/Ss Tournament ( every xx:15) Only those 2 skills will give damage (damage is the normal one).

Rewards to tournaments will be tweaked according to feedback (default reward is +1 stone and silvers)

Lost Treasure now offers Exp among stones and others.( maximum 15 coins per day)
Old 01/10/2015, 17:24   #15

Alright I am playing Dawn of the Knights for about 2 weeks now and I would like to tell you guys what I think about it:

Let's start with the sad part of my experience in DotK... The community is pretty small and there are about 10 Players online a day which disappoints me a lot. One more problem that exists is that the client crashes sometimes which is probably some packet issue but the administrator gives his best to fix it as soon as possible. I wish that some of you guys are going to join this server after reading this post, so stay reading

Let's head over to the good things at DotK: First of all the administrator of this server is really doing a great job. He is accepting criticism without getting mad, seriously trying to fix all bugs which were found by players, immediatly. He is not the best programmer but at least he is trying to become one of them. The server itself is based on working for your gear. The rates are balanced and yeah I am playing for about 1-2 weeks and I am still lvl 117 so it will take some time. There is also a nice quest which allows you to change coins (dropped by monsters all over the world) for random rewards such as EXP, Gold or if you are lucky enough, even some + stones. There are also PVP events, Labyrinth quests and more.. I think you won't get bored that fast since you will always have something to do.

So.. that's all what I had to say for now and I hope this is going to persuade some people joining DotK. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

MasterZ
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread