Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Project Conquer 2.0

Discussion on Project Conquer 2.0 within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Project Conquer 2.0

Hello memebers, I want to thank you first for taking your time and reading this thread. It means a lot!

Before I start descripting the project I'm doing now, I want to state that we do not currently have a website so I cannot place a linkback but I don't think it's a problem until I get the website and publish it.

Well then let's go further and speak about the project. The patch I aimed it's an older one, without any new things that retail CO added, like Ninja class, new Talisman items (HeavenFan & StarTower), Monk class, Pirate class, higher level cap, higher +n item bonus. There are currently more things that are not present in the gameplay such as ShoppingMall, the new item locking system, the mentor & student system and the nobility ranking.

At the moment, server is completly functional, it lacks of mob spawns and well, a lot of custom NPCs and systems that I haven't finished yet but you can do all the basic things you do in a server. I'm gonna state some features that we aim to have when the server goes in the alpha stage.

Let's explain something our custom character system. You start off at level 120 with 350 free un-alloted attribute points. When you leave the BirthVillage, server automatically learns all the class-based skills.
In the main NPC standing in TC center, you can get free, class-based and non-class-based equipment (Super, having no sockets nor any +n bonus).

Even if the mobs are currently not implmented, the system drop for them is already created which means you will get 1 CPs for every killed mob and also, the mobs have a chance to drop a +n Stone. The mobs from the main cities (TC, AC, BI, DC, PC) have a chance drop a stone until +5 meaning you can upgrade your gears just until +6. If you want to upgrade your gears past +6, you must enter the custom Farm Zone we created (you can enter the Farm Zone if you are atleast level 125 and if you have 500 CPs as an entrace fee), where mobs are a bit stronger and also are dropping ExpPots, DragonBalls and stones until +8.

The maximum level cap is 130 as I said before, and you will see that the old item levels have changed. Every 5 levels, you are able to upgrade you equipment (excluding weapons) to get higher def, attack etc. Weapons can be upgraded after any level up, like retail.

The magic skills and spells do not require any further leveling after you learn them by purchasing the spellbooks so no more struggling to get skills like Phoenix, Penetration, Tornado etc. to the max level.

There is no Job Center and Reborn NPC. You start off as a Trojan, you remain Trojan, no further skills are stacked to keep the gameplay balanced. In this way, every class will count. Fire Taoist and Water Taoist are combined into one class, Taoist Master meaning all the skills are stacked up in one class. Skills like Cure, Thunder, Fire and everything that has a more powerful alike-skill have been removed. There's no Reborn system meaning your count at "Rebirth" is 0. We have something in mind about that also but we plan to use it in the future under other form.

There's a custom made item socketer and also a custom item level upgrader/downgrader NPC. The item socketer (SocketMaster) require CPs to forge the sockets into your equipment while the item level upgrader/downgrader (MagicArtisan) it's free.

All the equipment items (armors, weapons) are indestructible (655/655 durability all the time). Here, you won't deal with broken equips anymore. Also, there is no certain required weapon level nor required stats to wear any equipment item. You may allot all your attribute points to Vitality for e.g and you won't have troubles swapping through your gears.

Every NPC, system, everything present in game has been checked and re-checked so it can't be glitched in any way. This means you will find no bugs, we can assure you of that. Of course, we are humans and we make mistakes, and if we do, we would like you to inform us as soon as possible to remediate the problem immediately .

We have a lot of things to do, server is nothing nearly complete. It would take a while to finish it and until we go alpha, obviously, we'll have a beta-testing period of time to see if the things are going correctly.

I'll keep this thread updated, and I'd like to hear your sincere opinions about we are about to create. All the criticism and feedback is welcome!

If you reached this point, I want to thank you again for taking your time and reading this, I know it's a tl;dr but I wanted to know your opinion

Note: At some point, I would like to ask a Mod to change to threads' name because we are currently unnamed now, we're still in the project state.

--- Changelog ---

Thanks
1 User
Old 01/01/2013, 18:42   #2

So you're mainly making a PvP-server combined with a bit of PvE?
Although I find it lack a bit of possibilities in the sense of skills. For example you said there is no reborn, but wouldn't it be more fun to have a bigger variety of class-combos by adding reborn?
By the way, great luck to your project and future server
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/01/2013, 21:27   #3

We aim to create an environement where you can get equipment easily (not meaning that your character will be maxed after 3 days of playing, after we'll go alpha you'll see that getting gears is not very easy but isn't as hard as retail). The exp rate is just the same as the retail, but you'll get to level 130 faster because we have custom mobs, level-zone (not added but it's my next goal after adding the mob spawns) and also ways to get double exp time easier than retail.
Mainly yes, it's a PvP server mixed with PvE also, in my opinion, that's what makes a server good. If you get all the things easy, then, the players will loose interest in no time, and that's clearly what we do NOT aim for. I do not expect many players, if we hit 100 at any time given, it's perfect. In time, more will come. I've taken a glimpse to XtremeTop100 and I was really dissapointed. There are no servers worthy to play except Love2Hate, which is a classic server and classic will always be good. We are classic aswell, having a lot of things not present (I've stated them before in OP) but we have new things also as CPs and BattlePower system.

To respond to your question, having class combos mess up a bit with the game. Having some skills stacked to a high damage dealer class as Trojan it's over-powering the class so the Archers and even the Taoists are just nerfed. I think the best option to keep the game a bit balanced than before is that every class should have just its own skills (keep in mind we also have the BP system working so doing this balances the sides a bit).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/02/2013, 00:05   #4

I understand and agree especially with what you said about PvP being mixed with PvE is possibly the best thing for a server.

Only there is one thing that really bugs me, and that is BattlePower. My experience with playing in servers which had BP was absolutely horendous. For example I played in one where my BP was 360 and my opponents BP was 361, and I had to atleast hit my opponent atleast 3x to kill him, but he killed me in just 1 1/2 hits. So I'd recommend you to get rid of it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2013, 15:48   #5

Yes, I agree that BP can **** up the game but you can always adjust it to fit your requirements. Imo, it's nothing wrong with BP if it's correctly adjusted. It's a great system to use by the way.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/02/2013, 16:54   #6

In that case, I would like to see what you will come up with, goodluck once again
Old 01/05/2013, 11:35   #7

BUMB
Waiting for this server..
Old 01/05/2013, 19:04   #8

elite*gold: 130
I suggest starting on a lower level tho ;o
like level 100 for example.
Closed Thread