Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AcidCOV3

Discussion on AcidCOV3 within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 28
AcidCOV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadNought
The server is offline.

After a month of 0 player's there's no point in just loosing money keeping it online for no cause.

All you fella's wanted was AcidCOV2 & therefor wouldn't play the new one, which is both better in terms of gameplay & behind the scenes coding.

Maybe it was my influence on the team that caused this version to fail, I don't know.
Old post
Thanks
8 Users
Old 12/24/2012, 02:29   #2

elite*gold: 0
I noticed something in the command list:
Quote:
@spell <id> <level> - Gives yourself the spell&level (1044/1045 for fb/ss)
Should be 1045/1046 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12/24/2012, 02:52   #3

installing :P
Old 12/24/2012, 03:42   #4

EU?

Quote:
New goodies!!
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2012, 04:13   #5

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Might be an issue on my side, yet I am not able to load your website, always "taking too long to load"
Old 12/24/2012, 05:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
Might be an issue on my side, yet I am not able to load your website, always "taking too long to load"
site works fine for me.

it has link back to epvp:
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/24/2012, 08:46   #7

I guess I'll be the first to say, your website is ugly.
It looks like someone with very little design experience whipped it up.
Honestly, if Acid CO didn't have all the "hype", I would pass it by as another crappy server, all based on the unprofessional website.
Just my 2 cents I suppose.

Edit:
And looking at the website source code confirms this. Styled with tables... /cry
Thanks
10 Users
Old 12/24/2012, 08:57   #8

cool.. only think i have installed since yesterday was acid co and my mem allocation is ****** up, my firewall is disabled and i get a popup.

my 2 cents..
Old 12/24/2012, 13:26   #9

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kinshi View Post
I guess I'll be the first to say, your website is ugly.
It looks like someone with very little design experience whipped it up.
Honestly, if Acid CO didn't have all the "hype", I would pass it by as another crappy server, all based on the unprofessional website.
Just my 2 cents I suppose.

Edit:
And looking at the website source code confirms this. Styled with tables... /cry
I personally like it, if you look at the bottom of the page you will see who it was designed by.. you might be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Death View Post
cool.. only think i have installed since yesterday was acid co and my mem allocation is ****** up, my firewall is disabled and i get a popup.

my 2 cents..
huh
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2012, 13:34   #10

Doesn`t matter who made it, no one makes layout with tables, besides that the layout is ****. Not to mention that I have to scroll down to see the content, the banner is ******* huge. Not to mention the navigation menu. Not to mention today we have CSS3/html5/jQuery. Not to mention if I say not to mention again I`ll shoot myself.

Zaitoichi is great, we`ve seen lots of cool stuff coming from him, but he totally missed this one.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 12/24/2012, 15:25   #11

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
I've told Dan (Zatoichi) a serveral times not to build webpages like this (as images). Takes way too long to load. Besides, looks like to was made using DreamWeaver (meaning no actual code was written, but automatically written by DreamWeaver) - seeing as there is a billion spacer.gif lol.

And yes, the name gives it extra hype, but it probably is a great server. Where is it hosted?

Edit: Seems like I was correct. In the sourcecode:
<!-- Save for Web Slices (AcidCoSite01.psd) -->

Oh well..
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2012, 19:20   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
I personally like it, if you look at the bottom of the page you will see who it was designed by.. you might be surprised.
Honestly, I have never heard of Zatoichi, but from what I see (this site and Team Yakuza site), you should have found someone else.
Bad coding practices, slow loading, and horrible layouts to name a few. Sorry, amateur at best.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/24/2012, 20:36   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
I've told Dan (Zatoichi) a serveral times not to build webpages like this (as images). Takes way too long to load. Besides, looks like to was made using DreamWeaver (meaning no actual code was written, but automatically written by DreamWeaver) - seeing as there is a billion spacer.gif lol.

And yes, the name gives it extra hype, but it probably is a great server. Where is it hosted?

Oh well..
Where AcidCo is always hosted, EU
Old 12/24/2012, 20:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post

Oh well..
Seeing how the tables are structured, I figured it was generated through photoshop.
Old 12/24/2012, 21:49   #15

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
I hopped on. Definitly not the same standard as old AcidCO. The NPCs are poorly written, such as capital letter after comma etc - and a lower patch would of been prefered.

There also seem to be no limit of attackspeed, meaning you could spam SS/FBs - and the stamina loads way too fast (obviously you don't want regular bufftime, but this is too much).

If it would of been released under a different name it wouldn't get as much hype.
Closed Thread