Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Introducing Shannara Conquer

Discussion on Introducing Shannara Conquer within the CO2 PServer Advertising forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 200
Cool Introducing Shannara Conquer

Howdy ! I've been working on the past few months with a couple of sources as learning references and I've been committed to that goal - learning more about programming - since the beginning.

I'm now here to introduce you to

What is Shannara Conquer?
Like some of the people in this community, I've been switching from server to server since I can actually remember there were private servers at all. I've started playing Conquer around ~2003 back in the days of SERVER1/English, Alpha Servers. Therefore, I consider myself to be a veteran on this community.
Since the release of later features such as CPs, Lottery, Talismans and all the things that came after that I've been striving to find a server that actually brings me the chills of the good old days. Shannara Conquer is my attempt to fulfill this need for everyone out there with the same feeling as mine.

About the server
Shannara Conquer is currently helping me out not only develop my programming skills by having a live server running but also understand what kind of features are mainly wanted by the community.
Shannara Conquer is running on a C# Source that I have acquired not long ago and customized it with several references from other public sources such as Redux or COPS.

Server Informations
No CPs/ShoppingMall
Max level 130
First reborn only
Some PVP Events such as FB/SS Skill Based and LastManStanding, nothing spectacular as for now
Most of TQ Quests such as AncientDevil, BlueMouse, SnakeKing and so on
Batte Power has no effect on damage
Medium rates
Among others - this should be enough for you to get an idea

Player reviews

Things you should know
As I have mentioned several times, I'm still in the process of learning and I have no advanced skills on C# (which is the language this source is written in), therefore any core changes required might take a while. I am, however, committed to this goal of mastering the language the best I can and I'm always striving to learn more.

Shannara Conquer Video Gallery

Hopefully if you have reached this far you have now my attention so I hope you can try out the server and perhaps give me your feedback about it. Feel free to send me a PM, an email or contact me ingame. Every contribution and constructive comment is highly appreciated.

Credits: Gump for the base, Chris for Redux as it was one of the sources I've been using for awhile now as a learning reference, JPB (CptSky) for COPS for the same reason listed about Redux, Mihai for the logo, Fang for his huge contribute to the community that also allowed me to learn a lot, GC (a friend of mine) for helping me out even though he never was into CO development, his great programming skills however made it easier.

Regards!
Thanks
12 Users
Old 02/19/2016, 19:19   #2

elite*gold: 0
Look great!
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/19/2016, 19:53   #3

Good idea, i just wish not every release with english owners were classic based.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/19/2016, 20:49   #4

elite*gold: 130
Did you by any chance get the server name from:
Just curious lol.

As for the donations, you have a option to switch between EUR/USD but doesn't that have to mean that you have to keep checking the exchange values?

None the less, goodluck with your server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/19/2016, 20:56   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Just curious lol.

As for the donations, you have a option to switch between EUR/USD but doesn't that have to mean that you have to keep checking the exchange values?

Any decent payment processor should handle currency conversion for you. They either auto convert to USD (EG: Paypal) or they use product codes to determine what was purchased (EG: Paymentwall with certain settings)
Old 02/19/2016, 21:23   #6

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Any decent payment processor should handle currency conversion for you. They either auto convert to USD (EG: Paypal) or they use product codes to determine what was purchased (EG: Paymentwall with certain settings)
Yeh but they have their own prices on their website, that is why.

If you pick EUR you are always cheaper compared to USD.
Old 02/19/2016, 21:34   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Yeh but they have their own prices on their website, that is why.

If you pick EUR you are always cheaper compared to USD.
And the paypal IPN would inform the currency received so your script can convert.

I think it's silly to list two prices (as paypal will auto convert w/e currency you're paying with anyways) but if properly implemented it wont actually cause any issues.
Old 02/20/2016, 01:54   #8

Quote:
Just curious lol.

Guilty! I indeed got the name from it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
As I mentioned, the server is on BETA Stage right now so donations aren't really my priority. That's for sure something I'll spend more time thinking about on the future in a way to actually balance prices so that I won't make donations gamechanging.
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll be most-likely handling a single price for the stuff as you mentioned as it seems easier and practical for customers, instead of having two different currencies with two different prices.

I appreciate the feedback, it's great to see people actually giving any attention to this project!

Regards!

#EDIT: It's also important to state that I'm also looking for colaborators that are willing to be staff members once the server comes officially public.
Old 02/20/2016, 03:07   #9

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,106
Best of luck to your server.
Old 02/20/2016, 03:08   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Best of luck to your server.
Cheers ! I truly appreciate the attention !

EDIT: There was an issue with the host. The server is now back up and running.
I'm sorry for the downtime.
Old 02/20/2016, 11:03   #11

Cheers! A more decent server again.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2016, 19:42   #12

Ive hunted and played on it for 2 days now. i think the rates are actually perfect. it rewards you enough to make you want to keep hunting. and makes VIP actually worth donating for. I think this server has potential to be 10/10 if Nyorai puts his heart into it.
Old 02/21/2016, 05:07   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkdreamz View Post
Ive hunted and played on it for 2 days now. i think the rates are actually perfect. it rewards you enough to make you want to keep hunting. and makes VIP actually worth donating for. I think this server has potential to be 10/10 if Nyorai puts his heart into it.
Thanks in advance for your feedback. I'm doing my best in order to keep the server the most balanced possible as well as giving people enough reasons to keep wanting to play.
I've been a little busy these past couple days due to university but I'm now free to be completely focused on the project.

If you have an suggestions please feel free to drop me a message!

Regards,
Nyo
Old 02/21/2016, 05:52   #14

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,106
Seeing projects like this with pleasant and hard working server owners makes me want to get my server running. It seems like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll do just that after I get Architect running. Gotta see one project through at a time. And man, I hear you about university. 7th and 8th weeks of the quarter are always stressful.
Old 02/21/2016, 16:29   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Seeing projects like this with pleasant and hard working server owners makes me want to get my server running. It seems like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll do just that after I get Architect running. Gotta see one project through at a time. And man, I hear you about university. 7th and 8th weeks of the quarter are always stressful.
Thanks for the kind words. It surely is a motivation for me to get such attention and support from the community. Any comments I've been getting either from here, ingame or e-mail are being taken seriously either if they're good or bad. I'm aware of the fact that it's not possible to provide a service that everyone is going to be satisfied with because different people have different tastes and opinions. However, I believe that if I listen to everyone's opinion I can perhaps increase the range of people interested in the server - this is something I take very seriously and believe to be one of the key factors to have a successful server.
About university, I believe I have more stress in my veins than I actually have blood ahah.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
classic, conquer, conquer online, private server