Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I want learn.

Discussion on I want learn. within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I want learn.

Hey =D

Ok, let me be honest to start, i dont have any knowledge about progaming, im totaly noob on this area, but i want some bots like a blue mouse helper and stuff, but i dont want be a leecher and ask people do to want it for me.
So im thinking about to start search and learn something about progaming, so i can do what i want by myself and also share it.
The point of this thread is, what u guys that know about making bots and stuff, recomend for me to start learning (which progam etc...).

Thanks.
Old 01/15/2010, 20:08   #2

c++ function hooking then some asm for reversing purposes after that try find where list of all monsters/players on screen or hook function that request spawn for monster with its id and coordinates then maybe attack function to get blue mouses id, maybe function to print in game text after that put it all together so if it finds blue mouses id from screen it outputs text in game like "blue mouse at x y"

but yeah i would rather just learn basics of some language first and see if you are patient enought to learn programming for few months maybe year after that learn about reversing for awhile to get in this stuff and after that build something like this
Old 01/15/2010, 21:03   #3

i think you might have confused him with the paragraph :P
Old 01/15/2010, 23:46   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarut View Post
c++ function hooking then some asm for reversing purposes after that try find where list of all monsters/players on screen or hook function that request spawn for monster with its id and coordinates then maybe attack function to get blue mouses id, maybe function to print in game text after that put it all together so if it finds blue mouses id from screen it outputs text in game like "blue mouse at x y"

but yeah i would rather just learn basics of some language first and see if you are patient enought to learn programming for few months maybe year after that learn about reversing for awhile to get in this stuff and after that build something like this
This has to be the worst paragraph ever written to man -- or that I've recently seen. I'm going to rephrase and reorder what was said so he can actually understand it.

Pick a language to start with (I suggest just looking a wikipedia code-snippets and find something you like). I'd personally start with something easy (C#, Java, VB, Pascal/Delphi -- Slightly harder than the latter listed). Gets books / references on this language, and pretty much learn the concepts of programming; as you start to grasp those, you'll be able to transfer your skills (logically breaking things down, and how to do them) to another language. Once your confident your proficient in a language, you can choose to remain with that language or start expanding into other languages (once again, see the list I originally started).

Once you feel your confident in your programming abilities, I'd recommend starting C++ and you'll start to gain new concepts which you weren't able to achieve in other languages (Examples -- don't let this confuse you it's not too important: Pointer logic (assuming you didn't choose Pascal or Delphi), Understanding the heap and stack, code-injection, possibly assembly, etc).

It's always best to learn -general- programming and then try applying that to Conquer first rather than learn coding with the mindset "LOL SUP FIRST THING I CODE WILL BE THIS 1337 ASS BOT".

And now for the unmotivational part of this post:
Programming isn't for everyone. I've known people who for whatever reason took computer science in grade 10 (programming) and continued to take it into grade 12; and I had to blatantly explain to them; "Why are you even taking this course when you clearly have failed to grasp the basic concepts in your first and second year?"
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2010, 01:50   #5

Realy thanks for your post infamous, its tottaly clear.
Ill search about this "easy" languages that u told to choose one then try to learn.
And yeah i know its hard and not for everyone, but ill at least give a try to learn instead just asking people to do for me, hope i can get it =D

but thanks for info, cya