Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Packet Logger [C#]

Discussion on Packet Logger [C#] within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,000
Packet Logger [C#]

I've worked on this "new" type of packet logger based on a article I saw on Reddit. The basic concept is that I've been messing around with creating a basic windows debugger. This will allow me to set breakpoints programmatically at certain addresses and read information off of the registers. This is more like a self-study on how to write a debugger but it might benefit someone around here.

Here are the articles that I based the code on:

Disclaimer: use the attached code at your own risk.

Those articles describe the code pretty well so I won't really be getting into it. However here is an example on how you can implement the packet logging part for Conquer using the attached code.

Code:
const string ConquerFolder = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\NetDragon\Conquer Online 2.0 - Real";
        const string CommandLine = ConquerFolder + "\\Conquer.exe blacknull";

const uint RecvMemoryAddress = 0x00739CE4;
        const uint SendMemoryAddress = 0x0073A1F7;

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Debugger debugger = new Debugger();
            debugger.OpenDebugProcess(CommandLine, ConquerFolder);
            debugger.OnAttached += OnAttached;
            debugger.OnMemoryBreakpoint += OnMemoryBreakpoint;

while (true)
            {

}
        }
        private static void OnMemoryBreakpoint(Debugger Debugger, uint Address, ref CONTEXT context)
        {
            if (Address == RecvMemoryAddress)
            {
                uint Size = context.Ebx;
                byte[] Packet = Debugger.ReadByteArray(Debugger.ReadUInt32(context.Ebp - 0x1C), (int)Size);
                HexDump("Server -> Client", Packet);
            }
            else if (Address == SendMemoryAddress)
            {
                uint Size = context.Ecx;
                byte[] Packet = Debugger.ReadByteArray(context.Eax, (int)Size);
                HexDump("Client -> Server", Packet);
            }
        }

private static void OnAttached(Debugger Debugger)
        {
            Debugger.SetMemoryBreakpoint(RecvMemoryAddress);
            Debugger.SetMemoryBreakpoint(SendMemoryAddress);
        }
As you can see it's pretty simple to do and the Debugger class handles most of the not so pretty code. First we create the debugged process based on the arguments we give it. It's possible to attach to a already active process, but it's not included in the code.

Next up we subscribe to some events (OnAttached, OnMemoryBreakpoint). OnAttached is a event that is fired when we hit the first breakpoint on the newly created process. We always hit this even if we didn't manually place any breakpoints. When this event is fired it is good time to set our own breakpoints

Code:
private static void OnAttached(Debugger Debugger)
        {
            Debugger.SetMemoryBreakpoint(RecvMemoryAddress);
            Debugger.SetMemoryBreakpoint(SendMemoryAddress);
        }
Really simply put, it will replace the first byte code at the address with 0xCC (INT3) which is then read by our Debugger class and we revert it back to normal for normal processing.

The OnMemoryBreakpoint function is just there to keep track when we hit certain breakpoints and as in the example above, we dump the packets from memory when the specific address is hit.

So here is how you can log packets, with not so commonly used way. If you are interested in writing your own debugger / experimenting with it, I would suggest you read those 2 articles, they are pretty good.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ConquerDebugger.zip (71.0 KB, 152 views)
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/15/2014, 23:29   #2

elite*gold: 0
I released two years ago, looks very similar to yours.
Do you have a link to the post on reddit by any chance?

Edit:
TQ actually detects the presence of a debugger, even if you change the "BeingDebugged" field in the PEB of the process, so you'll get a one day ban after like 10 minutes, at least if their anti-cheat is enabled.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/15/2014, 23:52   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,000
The thread that sparked my interest was this one after i saw that on the reverseengineering subreddit i just googled how to do it and the second article was the first result. I checked again and the reddit discussion barely had any comments regarding the subject.

As for the ban1 issue, I'm not that experienced with the latest detection methods. The debug flag patching is something that I put there when I was having some problems at the beginning. I might need to have a look at what methods they are using for detecting presence..
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/04/2014, 05:55   #4

elite*gold: 0
Thanks

Good