Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 14:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dumb question that popped into my head please help lol >.<

Discussion on Dumb question that popped into my head please help lol >.< within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Dumb question that popped into my head please help lol >.<

Okay so I have been busy messing around with php stuff and C# stuff and a question just popped into my head because I'm messing around with web services at the moment and that dumb question is this, is a conquer game server really a game service?

I mean a web service seems to pretty much do what a conquer server does but in a PHP/HTML sense.
Old 12/24/2013, 21:24   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
The term isn't used for Conquer Online private game servers because they are not services. A web service is a server that services web requests, and directs data flow to open web servers. The term has been abused, and thus now is used to describe anything that services clients on the web. What we do is not a service, though you could call it that in the same, abusive manor if you wish (it just isn't all that correct to do so). Disclaimer: I'm not a web developer.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2013, 21:50   #3

I'm still learning about it all or at least attempting to simply because one person had a private server for The elder scrolls online beta client but it is a different setup than Conquer.

Just one dll was needed which basically adds a website/server? and I'm assuming a config.xml to the exe using assembly so therefore I'm assuming it must be a webservice which will no doubt be partly in C++ which I'm absolutely clueless about lol.

It can probably be done with C# and bootstrapping though but assembly is another thing which seemingly puzzles me especially when searching for addresses in olly. Pretty sure it's just two addresses needed to send and receive but it's knowing how to find them
Old 12/24/2013, 22:28   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I'm not sure I understand what you're requesting advice for. If you're wondering how one makes a web server in C#, I'd recommend investing some time in learning ASP.NET. It's like JSP but with C#. I'm sure you know that though if you're a web developer, but again, I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you try rephrasing your post in the form of a question?
Old 12/24/2013, 22:42   #5

I don't mean to confuse you :P The main thing was my original question which you answered I need to understand asm and olly some more lol.
Old 12/25/2013, 04:54   #6

elite*gold: 130
It is possible though, you will just have to understand how to use sockets server sided, node.js could help with that. Then you have to find a way to use the c3 engine for the characters etc.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2013, 22:02   #7

For now I just at least want to get it connected lol, the dll that was distributed I still have I just edited the url that was given to my url (exact length of THEIR url so it loads into the exe) I also changed the TESO_config.xml to TESO.config.xml.

There actually seems very few people interested in making a server for TESO

I've "stolen" the official TESO page and all the .js that they used, I'm wondering if I should just edit their .js? Or do I NEED to add node.js?
Old 12/26/2013, 00:54   #8

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by denominator View Post
For now I just at least want to get it connected lol, the dll that was distributed I still have I just edited the url that was given to my url (exact length of THEIR url so it loads into the exe) I also changed the TESO_config.xml to TESO.config.xml.

There actually seems very few people interested in making a server for TESO

I've "stolen" the official TESO page and all the .js that they used, I'm wondering if I should just edit their .js? Or do I NEED to add node.js?
Node.js was just an example that you could use.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/26/2013, 05:16   #9

Makes sense to just edit their stuff I guess otherwise the client won't load, got other issues at the moment with it now though but I'll figure it out eventually lol
Old 12/26/2013, 06:08   #10

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
It is possible though, you will just have to understand how to use sockets server sided, node.js could help with that. Then you have to find a way to use the c3 engine for the characters etc.
I was under the impression that you could display 3d scenes in html5.

You could theoretically write a conquer client in html5 if that's the case. Totally not worth it (sooo many assets which cannot be really streamed to the client or saved reliably client side) but it would be possible.

You'd be writing your own plugins to process the conquer file types of course and writing your own mesh system ontop of the html5 framework but I'm like 99 pct sure it could be done... just not viable.
Old 12/26/2013, 11:42   #11

You can display 3D in HTML5 with CSS transforms, or a software renderer (there are a few available), but I would advise against it. Don`t try to force it, just use WebGL.
Old 12/26/2013, 16:16   #12

Okay the webservice is for logging in only, the game uses the webservice to log in only.