Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 12:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Will Someone Help me create a private server.. I will pay. :D

Discussion on Will Someone Help me create a private server.. I will pay. :D within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Will Someone Help me create a private server.. I will pay. :D

Hey guys my name's Tom. Me and my cousin Mike want to make a private server for conquer. Neither of us know much about programming or networking. However that's why we want a "Mentor."

If anyone is willing to help just let me know and we can talk more.

Thanks a bunch,

Tom.
Old 07/07/2012, 21:21   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Well, luckily for you, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to set up a private server. There are guides everywhere, just pick one.
Old 07/08/2012, 03:45   #3

Lol thats not what i asked for, I want someone to help me with like the coding part.
Old 07/08/2012, 10:55   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy1212 View Post
Lol thats not what i asked for, I want someone to help me with like the coding part.
Programming isn't something you should jump into generally. I've seen it too many times, learn a language for general-purpose coding then apply your knowledge in terms of Conquer.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/08/2012, 20:37   #5

Lol hey im a subscriber to coai btw. anyways yeah thats good tips but like next year im taking ap computerscience at my school which we will be learning Java. I figure this will help?
Old 07/08/2012, 21:12   #6

Quote:
Lol hey im a subscriber to coai btw. anyways yeah thats good tips but like next year im taking ap computerscience at my school which we will be learning Java. I figure this will help?
To be frank, most programming you do in school is of little to no help in regards to the real world. What is important in regards to what they teach you is developing your problem solving skills (developing algorithms). Most programming at the end of the day is self-taught through your own practice, books, etc.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2012, 02:24   #7

Received Thanks: 1,142
The most school can teach you the majority of the time is how to read the basics of code in general. You may learn how to do things like a "Hello, World!" program, a small calculator, etc. But none of that will apply to the real world, and Conquer programming in general uses much, much more than that.

Pick up a book at the library, that's what I did. I'm actually reading three books on C++ and waiting to pick up a book on Assembly at the moment to make sure I haven't missed anything or gotten into any terrible habits. But at the end of the day, the majority of what I learned was learned by solving my own problems and learning from experience.
Old 07/09/2012, 03:38   #8

So ive heard fellas, but do you think that a text book from my java class will do because i already have that. And by like trial and error does that mean i can like use conquer programming as my own trial and error?
Old 07/09/2012, 05:21   #9

Quote:
So ive heard fellas, but do you think that a text book from my java class will do because i already have that. And by like trial and error does that mean i can like use conquer programming as my own trial and error?
By trial an error I meant experimenting with things that aren't blatantly in a text book. In other words, creating your own projects/tasks and doing the adequate research to figure out how to do certain things that weren't directly explained in your text book (this usually has to do with researching API).
Old 07/10/2012, 11:03   #10

i can make it for u ... tell me if you want