Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 04:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[POLL] Which Language You Prefere The Most & Why ?

Discussion on [POLL] Which Language You Prefere The Most & Why ? within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Which programming language do you prefere the most ?
Visual Basic 2 7.41%
Visual C# 11 40.74%
Visual C++ 8 29.63%
Visual F# 0 0%
Java 0 0%
Flash 0 0%
Delphi 1 3.70%
Autoit 5 18.52%
Python 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07/03/2012, 06:47   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Death View Post
yep, that`s why i never bothered with js.. But JQuery is really worth it and from my sneak peak, it looks quite easy.
For sure. I'll check the college library this weekend, they should have some books on it. Thanks
Old 07/03/2012, 06:57   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroxelli View Post
For sure. I'll check the college library this weekend, they should have some books on it. Thanks
you should try the online tutorials
Old 07/03/2012, 07:00   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Death View Post
you should try the online tutorials
Oh wow, a website by JS, for JS. That's shocking. I'll check it out.
Old 07/03/2012, 09:00   #19

oh yea.. btw :
I like how they made learning js interactive.
Old 07/03/2012, 09:41   #20

elite*gold: 1537
Received Thanks: 2,346
I Will Not Poll But

What I Knew C/C++ , Asm , Python , Perl

Where I Do Use Them

1: C, Python, Perl Use Them In Making Exploit Or Something On Linux , Much More Things , I Coded My Own Cross Fire Emu By Python , Each One Can Be Installed On Win , Or Linux

2: C++ , Asm , In Coding What I Like To Do , Cracknig Tools , More PowerFul
Old 07/03/2012, 13:50   #21

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMasterrrr View Post
First of all there is no thing called "Visual C++" unless you're talking about CLI...

I prefer C++ as it's the most powerful language ever...

right now i'm working on my own bot in C++ and Assembly
Visual C++ is C++ with Visual Studio. When coding with Visual Studio, you a few features not implemented, and few features that aren't standard. This C++ is called Visual C++. The C# implementation in Visual Studio is also called Visual C#. C++/C#/etc are standard languages and each compiler implement its own. For C++/CLI, you must say Visual C++/CLI or Microsoft C++ if you're thinking of the old language (before VS 2003, I think).
Old 07/04/2012, 10:00   #22

Quote:
I love the XNA framework! I keep procrastinating getting back into it, but I'm considering using it for a 2d game project with a friend of mine whenever he's on break from college. It's such a wonderful and useful framework
Oh my ***, XNA is amazing. <3

That's a video of me showing off a little pong game I made in like 4 hours lol. =P It's actually slightly fun. =P
Old 07/04/2012, 10:13   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
Oh my ***, XNA is amazing. <3

That's a video of me showing off a little pong game I made in like 4 hours lol. =P It's actually slightly fun. =P
Hahaha! That's ****** awesome man. Makes me wanna get to making games already, but it's 1am and I'm not the most sober atm I'm gonna install the framework on this laptop (swapped with the wifey, she needed mine for college.) and hopefully if all goes well it should support it and I can mess with it a little bit tomorrow. Good luck with the Pong game, you should make it so that someone can connect and play you via multiplayer I'll take you on hahaha

Alright, bed time now. Night man
Old 07/04/2012, 12:24   #24

For me it is AutoIt.

I'm not very old and I started to learn C like two years ago, but I didn't go far because I didn't have enough understand how programming and computer work. then one of my friend gave me AutoIt and it was incredibly fun. You can have the bases very early and then starting cool programms. I made a multi-clients bot to drop every ores at mine cave with features like timer, life checkin' and screenshoting before exiting game if getting killed. Well, unfortunately, it's a pixel based bots so it is not as good as memory hooked/proxy bot...

I'm trying to learn C# which will become my very first real language. In the future, I would like to make a memory hook / proxy bot... Maybe not as advanced as publics proxies but one workin' proxy bot yeah...
Old 07/04/2012, 12:41   #25

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
Quote:
Hahaha! That's ****** awesome man. Makes me wanna get to making games already, but it's 1am and I'm not the most sober atm I'm gonna install the framework on this laptop (swapped with the wifey, she needed mine for college.) and hopefully if all goes well it should support it and I can mess with it a little bit tomorrow. Good luck with the Pong game, you should make it so that someone can connect and play you via multiplayer I'll take you on hahaha

Alright, bed time now. Night man
Since some laptops are limited, I'd suggest when you make projects, goto the properties and choose the "Reach" profile, this will limit what you can do but you won't get any errors resulting from the your laptop's inability to execute the code.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2012, 19:25   #26

Games: Python (Using PyGame).
Web: ASP.NET & C#.
Otherwise: C++ and C#.

I prefer C++ more, but C# is my main language, so I use that far more.
Old 07/04/2012, 20:18   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhacker View Post
Since some laptops are limited, I'd suggest when you make projects, goto the properties and choose the "Reach" profile, this will limit what you can do but you won't get any errors resulting from the your laptop's inability to execute the code.
Hey, thanks. Wasn't aware of that option, and it does help for some graphical limitations the laptop has because of the integrated graphics card.
Old 07/05/2012, 02:27   #28

Umm yeah, about Reach... Just switch back to XNA 3.1 if you can`t support HiDef, Reach really really limits you. I had to rewrite a 3d deferred rendering engine to shader model 2 just because I used reach, then I realized the SM3 code would work with XNA 3.1. I`m an idiot btw.
Old 07/05/2012, 03:48   #29

I'd rather use XNA 3.X for many reasons, actually. I don't like most of the changes they made.
Old 07/05/2012, 04:07   #30

It is irrational for a programmer/developer to have a language. The developer may be more flush in the sythax and logic of a specific language as oposed to another.

Languages are are chosen according to the task at hand. Not preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
The question is invalid. You choose a language according to the task at hand.