Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 09:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Idea to make a gold by program

Discussion on Idea to make a gold by program within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Idea to make a gold by program

what if i capture packet sent to the server when i take gold from ground in CO and sent it to server again many times ?

I want the opinion of experts in CO programming this idea
Old 10/07/2008, 08:35   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
Doesn't work, sorry.
The server checks if the gold is actually there, when you try to pick it up.
Old 10/08/2008, 18:38   #3

Received Thanks: 2,525
GalaxyGuard@
and thats why when u have lag and tries to pick up an item
it wont let u
unless the packet is actually sent through the server and checks it then returns back to ur client that u actually picked up something
thats the method to prevent duplicating items back in the days
Old 10/11/2008, 04:57   #4

If you had low enough of a ping to send 2 pickup packets and have them decrypted and processed on the server before that very same server runs through 1 item pickup thread then sure, you could pickup 2 items.

Disclaimer: This requires that you be running CO on the same machine as the server so that ping is below 15ms; and that the server has 0 players online so that your packets are processed at an optimum speed.

In other words: No it's not possible.
Old 10/11/2008, 05:16   #5

Received Thanks: 2,525
iliveoncaffiene@
ok, the explaination doesnt make much sense to me
since we both are familiar with programmings, lets say if i have a function

Code:
if X=1
{
X=0
var++
}
else 
{
var+=0
}
and on the very same computer within the code, i call this function twice within 0.1ms
are u saying because the program call them so fast that the function will have "var=2" instead of "var=1"

anyhow, i agree on the last part that impossible for duplicate items
Old 10/11/2008, 05:22   #6

If both calls reference the same variable in memory, and both have the ability to run asynchronously (at the same time), then yes it's possible - but so entirely unlikely that it works as a way to explain how impossible it is to duplicate items.
Old 10/11/2008, 14:41   #7

I don't even think it would be possible, the items on the server would be stored in some sort of collection. once the thread runs through picking up 1 item, it would remove it from the collection before the next could checks if its in the collection. (on the floor)