Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 02:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server.dat bypassing without editing conquer.exe

Discussion on Server.dat bypassing without editing conquer.exe within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Server.dat bypassing without editing conquer.exe

Ive decided to explain how to bypass the server.dat check without even editing your client.

Things yourll need:
1) You
2) Windows
3) A brain,

Method:

1) Find your hosts file, itll be located in your windows system32 folder under drivers and then etc, so itll look like C:\Winblows\system32\drivers\etc in the address bar.
2) Right click the hosts file and click "Open with", you should now see something similiar to this :
Quote:
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
#
# The CO Proxy is localhost ;p
#

127.0.0.1 localhost
216.93.179.221 localhost #Conqueronline Proxy
69.59.186.5 localhost #Conqueronline Proxy
216.93.164.137 localhost #Conqueronline Proxy
69.59.142.13 localhost #Conqueronline Proxy
3) Add the parts ive coloured in for you, this is Conquers servers i.p. numbers, auto redirecting to the local host (* 127.0.0.1 *).
4) Save the hosts file as "hosts" and nothing else, it is NOT a txt,word or any other file it is to have NO FILE TYPE EXTENSION on the end.
5) Depending on windows version restart computer to reload the hosts file, use, enjoy

The-Most-Infamous
Queen-Of-Evil

Edit - This method works because the first address given will cause a internal flag with windows that any traffic thats supposed to go to that address will travel through the 2nd address... in effect tunnelling all communication from CO to your localport (* which your proxy should happily be sat there waiting for *).
This can also be used for more than just connecting CO to the Proxy, as your can say for example add the I.p.s for all the known spyware/adware/tracing sites to your hosts file and make them connect to your localhosts, which would mean should you ever get infected yourll be "immune" to most of the Hijacking/Tracking/Popups effect of the said spyware/adware.

*Edit, added a Hosts file thats got most of the Spyware/Adware sites done,,, hasnt been edited for the Server.dat but is probably a HELL of alot better than the hosts files used by 95% of people.
Re-Uploaded FIXED VERSION WITH FULL SPYWARE/ADWARE HOSTS BLOCKD
Attached Files
File Type: zip hosts.zip (40.9 KB, 521 views)
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/09/2008, 16:08   #2

I've used the spyware adware blocking but never thought of rerouting co like this, that said, I've never used a proxy or played a private serv so had no use for it
But good work anyway
Though I wouldn't consider this "programming" xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/09/2008, 16:23   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyPeas View Post
I've used the spyware adware blocking but never thought of rerouting co like this, that said, I've never used a proxy or played a private serv so had no use for it
But good work anyway
Though I wouldn't consider this "programming" xD
Thanks but yeh its not "Programming" but then I doubt itd have survived long in the sea of **** that is the Tutorial/Guide section And all my attempts at posting a clean conquer.exe file thats server.dat bypassed seemd to have been stopd... (* Same reason as I mentioned at the other place *) Seems all these sh*tty Multi clients are all just rip-offs of each other and not one seems to be fully done (* though Futures is good, no server.dat bypass =/ *)
Old 09/09/2008, 16:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCygni View Post
Thanks but yeh its not "Programming" but then I doubt itd have survived long in the sea of **** that is the Tutorial/Guide section And all my attempts at posting a clean conquer.exe file thats server.dat bypassed seemd to have been stopd... (* Same reason as I mentioned at the other place *) Seems all these sh*tty Multi clients are all just rip-offs of each other and not one seems to be fully done (* though Futures is good, no server.dat bypass =/ *)
Yea since a1 stopped making them I've pretty much made them myself (multis) though without a server.dat bypass since I have no need for one
So mine have the basics:
- Multiclient
- No popups
- Play.exe / Autopatch bypass (I have an old slow comp and it saves time)
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/21/2008, 16:46   #5

Quote:
Yea since a1 stopped making them I've pretty much made them myself (multis) though without a server.dat bypass since I have no need for one
So mine have the basics:
- Multiclient
- No popups
Updated attachment, fixed
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/25/2009, 22:17   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCygni View Post
Updated attachment, fixed
It would be very helpfull if u teach me...i still dont get it.

pm me or YM:

I need to learn how to bypass...pls...n TY
Old 06/25/2009, 22:30   #7

Quote:
So mine have the basics:
- Multiclient
- No popups

pm me or YM:

Old 08/20/2009, 14:49   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorisk View Post

pm me or YM:

place file in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Done o.O and if you still dont get how to edit it for things such as Gameguard... Google for a basic guide to understanding the HOSTS file!
Old 08/20/2009, 23:05   #9

Make sure to disable the hacker packet. Conquer checks if you are connecting to localhost.