Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 22:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Thread Safety? Dictionary Locking - I need Help.

Discussion on Thread Safety? Dictionary Locking - I need Help. within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 10/07/2011, 12:37   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
Korvacs get used to the fact not everyone does what you command him to do.
Also i never said the COMPILER is slow, i said the IDE is. (Reading ftw?!)

Kinshi, sftu -.-

Lets go john infract me for that.
Not really slow.
Old 10/07/2011, 13:20   #17

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Korvacs get used to the fact not everyone does what you command him to do.
Also i never said the COMPILER is slow, i said the IDE is. (Reading ftw?!)

Kinshi, sftu -.-

Lets go john infract me for that.
The fact that you wont use it because the IDE is slow makes it even worse! The IDE isnt a reflection of the language, or .net. So your sacrificing performance because your PC doesnt run the IDE at an acceptable rate, dont even know where to begin.

And im used to the fact that people chose to do something different because they have a valid reason, i cannot stand people making bad decisions because of some stupid reason such as, not upgrading to the latest version of visual studio to utilise technology and methods which drastically out perform what they are currently using because they find the IDE to be slow. This is a completely moronic principle.

Simple performance test should easily sway anyone to 4.0 when looking at thread safety and collections.

Oh and can i also point out, you asked for opinions/options/help, dont get pissy when someone offers you what is the best solution to your problem and argues the fact that its the best solution to your problem.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/09/2011, 16:57   #18

Received Thanks: 2,518
To get around the 4.0 distribution problem you just package it as a dependency, sure people used dictionaries in a multi-thread fashion, what im saying is that you should use concurrency now as it greatly out performs previous methods.

What was your solution?
Old 10/09/2011, 22:07   #19

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
@Bauss: -_- ur makin me go insane... seriously.
You know my name =[
Old 10/10/2011, 00:54   #20

Received Thanks: 2,882
You're bad if you're not using the most up-to-date API available to you.
I think Java would be a better language for you since their API hasn't changed in years.... (and is trash).
Thanks
2 Users