Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 13:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Last question for 2 weeks I swear! (Unless it's about a source)

Discussion on Last question for 2 weeks I swear! (Unless it's about a source) within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 09/17/2011, 23:58   #16

elite*gold: 0
Like I said, don't even focus on implementation right now. Learn the entire language before even looking at private server sources. Without understanding the language, no one can explain implementation specifics to you. For example, I couldn't explain packets (without explaining stuff that you should know already) to you without you knowing variables, and the different sizes and types, at the very least.

Start at the very beginning. Yes, do a "hello world" program.
Old 09/18/2011, 00:40   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Like I said, don't even focus on implementation right now. Learn the entire language before even looking at private server sources. Without understanding the language, no one can explain implementation specifics to you. For example, I couldn't explain packets (without explaining stuff that you should know already) to you without you knowing variables, and the different sizes and types, at the very least.

Start at the very beginning. Yes, do a "hello world" program.
Alright sense you all think that starting over is a good idea I will do that. Can anyone recommend good documentation that is fully documented (so not like Hybrid's because he never finished) and uses practical examples? (Practical examples being once it teaches you a concept, they tell you to code something to get a result they want or to solve a problem and you check it to see if it matches theirs. Basically something that makes you check if your output = theirs)
Old 09/18/2011, 00:47   #18

My e-book is half finished, if you would like to take a look at current things. Still need to cover a lot tho, but it has some things.
Old 09/18/2011, 00:59   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
My e-book is half finished, if you would like to take a look at current things. Still need to cover a lot tho, but it has some things.
Sure I'd love to take a look. Is it on the forum or is it still private?
Old 09/18/2011, 02:27   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
Sure I'd love to take a look. Is it on the forum or is it still private?
It's private, PM me your msn.
Old 09/18/2011, 04:54   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
Alright sense you all think that starting over is a good idea I will do that. Can anyone recommend good documentation that is fully documented (so not like Hybrid's because he never finished) and uses practical examples? (Practical examples being once it teaches you a concept, they tell you to code something to get a result they want or to solve a problem and you check it to see if it matches theirs. Basically something that makes you check if your output = theirs)
Use google and cross-reference guides, since some explain certain concepts more understandable or more in-depth than others. Simple as that. After learning a concept, search google for "practice using variables in C#" or something. I don't know; I'm at a university that uses C++, so I never had to learn this way.
Old 09/19/2011, 13:43   #22

Hi

If you want some video tutorials on c# ,lookup thenewboston on youtube he has over 200 videos or about 20 hours of c# tuts. I haven't seen them seen them so I can't comment on the quality but I've seen his java ones and they were pretty good.

Feel free to pm me for help if you want. Although I mainly program in java and c, I've used c# before and most of the programming concepts are the same.
Old 09/20/2011, 22:58   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkblackbelt View Post
Hi

If you want some video tutorials on c# ,lookup thenewboston on youtube he has over 200 videos or about 20 hours of c# tuts. I haven't seen them seen them so I can't comment on the quality but I've seen his java ones and they were pretty good.

Feel free to pm me for help if you want. Although I mainly program in java and c, I've used c# before and most of the programming concepts are the same.
THENEWBOSTON HAS C# VIDEOS!? That's how I learned Python. And really fast too! Thanks a lot for this information =D