Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 12:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Servers down for 30m changed something

Discussion on Servers down for 30m changed something within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/22/2007, 01:20   #46

elite*gold: 0
My proxy is still working with just that little change from the first time servers went down, so no changes to the packets (or at least nothing I've noticed..I still have everything I've added to mine working...speed hacks, chat commands and a few other little things)
Old 09/22/2007, 12:47   #47

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some-Guy View Post
My proxy is still working with just that little change from the first time servers went down, so no changes to the packets (or at least nothing I've noticed..I still have everything I've added to mine working...speed hacks, chat commands and a few other little things)
Well when i first posted this thread nothing infact had changed it was just a problem with my server when i tried to connect to different servergroup cotobo worked fine np...Then after all the servers came back up it temporarily worked again until the server rollback that followed few days later and now it isn't just hanging anymore like it did before it infact says unable to inject dll which it never did before and only way that cotobo would give that error was if infact a packet change or memory change of some sort has taken place.

And as far as i've heard it did effect the proxy everyone is sayin queens proxy stopped working now too..And high6 says if there was a packet change there would have to be a patch but that isn't really true they have changed certain packets serverside only before in the past and no patch was applied clientside for the changes so that isn't always the case.
Old 09/22/2007, 12:58   #48

what is cotobo well what do u use
Old 09/22/2007, 15:15   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw3ak View Post
Well when i first posted this thread nothing infact had changed it was just a problem with my server when i tried to connect to different servergroup cotobo worked fine np...Then after all the servers came back up it temporarily worked again until the server rollback that followed few days later and now it isn't just hanging anymore like it did before it infact says unable to inject dll which it never did before and only way that cotobo would give that error was if infact a packet change or memory change of some sort has taken place.

And as far as i've heard it did effect the proxy everyone is sayin queens proxy stopped working now too..And high6 says if there was a packet change there would have to be a patch but that isn't really true they have changed certain packets serverside only before in the past and no patch was applied clientside for the changes so that isn't always the case.
There was a packet change the first time, and you're right...it doesn't require a patch, as long as the client already has a function built in to deal with it.

Since the change was only in packet ID, and only one packet gets sent from that address per session/login (The packet changed was from the login server) no filtering is actually required so they could change this as often as they liked, but it's easy enough to fix.

However, for cotobo to be unable to inject it's dll, should require a change in the conquer exe. A change to the packet structure or memory address changes wouldn't stop tobo injecting, it would just cause it to crash or misfunction (e.g. not reading arrow amounts).

Just tested whilst I was typing this and it injects fine for me, but crashes when I try to log in (probably due to the packet change)
Old 09/22/2007, 15:56   #50

Could it be CoToBo bypassing the update part of the exe? Umm.. I mean that might be where it is hanging? Proxy and cotobo both have to be loaded prior to CO exe being run, whereas SV doens't, Proxy and cotobo don't work, sv does. Probably not and this is probably a waste of time reading *goes back to sleep*
Old 09/22/2007, 16:09   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakor5 View Post
Could it be CoToBo bypassing the update part of the exe? Umm.. I mean that might be where it is hanging? Proxy and cotobo both have to be loaded prior to CO exe being run, whereas SV doens't, Proxy and cotobo don't work, sv does. Probably not and this is probably a waste of time reading *goes back to sleep*
Proxy doesn't needed to be loaded before conquer is, as long as it is open before you log in, also, since there was no update, nothing is affected by running from play.exe.
Old 09/23/2007, 00:31   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some-Guy View Post
Proxy doesn't needed to be loaded before conquer is, as long as it is open before you log in, also, since there was no update, nothing is affected by running from play.exe.
:/ I lookd for ages for that 0x41F and found 0 refrences to it, closest i found was hundreds of 0x1F refrences, about 10 0x1F4 and in the Server to Client packet it was 0x3ec??? and ideas?