Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 08:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

any working item edits?

Discussion on any working item edits? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
any working item edits?

umm i havnt played conquer in a few years.. used to have well about everything but anyhow.. what i'm wondering is i dont quite remember how/what i need to get like elite / super items when dropped to show up witha certain picture or whatever... only just redownloaded and found my chars and servers lol. just remembering that was very usefull for my archer to recognize good item drops so i know to pick them up but dont recall how
Old 11/08/2010, 15:18   #2

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Only possible with weapons now, because TQ realized that it were no need for the client to know wenether a Normal item or a Super item is on the ground.
Old 11/08/2010, 15:30   #3

ah i see... i could settle for weapons... mind refreshing my memory on how to do it? wasnt it something allong the lines of finding the picture in a forum and replacing it?
Old 11/08/2010, 16:02   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
The simplest method is not to do a custom picture but to change the item name. If not it's a bunch of work linking up EACH quality static ID with a dds image.

Alternatively you could use a proxy/memory based bot to change the static ID of rare drops to that of a meteor or something rare.

Search for an itemtype editor and edit quality ones to be [S]/[E]/[U]/[R] for the diff quality weps.

Hmm... maybe I'll make a super simple batch editor for ppl... gimme a sec
Old 11/08/2010, 16:23   #5

okie dokie lemme know
Old 11/08/2010, 16:40   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
So I couldn't remember if the string length is checked by client (I remember at one point it apparently was)

So I simply replaced the last 3 characters in the item name with the quality tag.

Also I simply ran it through a hastily thrown together program to produce the actual thing so I didn't do any sort of calculations to only apply it to certain items (weps). If you want something better you'll prob have to do it yourself.

Ps: Here's the C# code to go about doing it yourself, just throw in a IsWep Calculation and you're good to go.

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.IO; 

namespace ConsoleApplication1
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            StreamReader SR = new StreamReader(File.Open("itemtype.txt", FileMode.Open));
            StreamWriter SW = new StreamWriter(File.Create("itemtypenew.txt", 10000));
            string ALL = SR.ReadToEnd();
            string[] Line = ALL.Split('\n');
            string[] Chunk;
            string ItemID;
            string OutLine = "";
            for(int I = 0; I < Line.Length; I++)
            {

Line[I] = Line[I].Replace("@@", "&"); 
                Chunk = Line[I].Split('&');
                ItemID = Chunk[0];
                if (Convert.ToString(ItemID).Length > 5)
                {                   
                        switch (ItemID[ItemID.Length - 1])
                        {
                            case '6':
                                Chunk[1] = Chunk[1].Remove(Chunk[1].Length - 3);
                                Chunk[1] += "[R]";
                                break;
                            case '7':
                                Chunk[1] += "[U]";
                                break;
                            case '8':
                                Chunk[1] += "[E]";
                                break;
                            case '9':
                                Chunk[1] += "[S]";
                                break;
                        }                    
                }
                for (int Z = 0; Z < Chunk.Length; Z++)
                {
                    OutLine += Chunk[Z];
                    OutLine += "@@";
                }
                SW.WriteLine(OutLine);
                OutLine = "";
            }
        }
    }
}

Really simple stuff. Once done just re-encrypt it and add to client. (using the dat decryptor already posted on epvp all over lol)