Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 21:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] Making TG use less traffic

Discussion on [Question] Making TG use less traffic within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The problem is that when my char is in Tg for 25 hours, it takes 300-500MB traffic and I can just download 4GB per month, so I need a solution to this

is there a way to make tg use less traffic?

thx in advance
Old 05/08/2007, 18:04   #2

rofl check your other programs in one day CO in tg doesnt make up/down bigger then 50mb at least for me
Old 05/08/2007, 18:09   #3

Try use "netstat" to see what programs u running! maybe have many spyware too that get your conection! Have luck bb!
Old 05/08/2007, 18:14   #4

I checked that...I have nothing else running but CO

when I close CO and leave the computer for 24 hours I have practically no traffic (My ISP just allows 8h sessions and records traffic, so I can see exactely what is happening during that time)

Moreover a friend of mine is experiencing the same problem
Old 05/09/2007, 01:02   #5

open process manager, set the priority of conquer.exe to below normal or low, i think that will decrease memory usage and traffic usage.
Old 05/09/2007, 01:15   #6

elite*gold: 20
You're screwed then. There is no way to reduce TG traffic unless you go to a less populated area. TQ doesn't provide features to not send data. Only thing I can think of is have a friend that has unlimited BW host a CO proxy for you and route it through there and have it disable effects when in TG.
Old 05/09/2007, 13:19   #7

I thought so^^

thx anyway
Old 05/09/2007, 20:51   #8

There are two different types of traffic that are classified by most ISP's.

One is your "Bandwidth"Traffic. They classify this as interent surfing among websites - gaming falls into this category. ISP limitations usually do not apply here.

The second is your "Data Traffic". They classify this as downloading physical data of any kind, and this is usually where the ISP gives you a limitation.

Most ISP's use these generalized rules, but you should check with your isp first to see if they do or not, and ask them if your acocunt useage % has increased after you have TG'd overnight.
Old 05/09/2007, 21:04   #9

get a DSL xD