Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 18:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DK Sound Pack] v0.6

Discussion on [DK Sound Pack] v0.6 within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hello everyone. Tired of the old CO sounds? I mean cmon now, jump sounds like someone getting hit over the back of the head with a stick, am I right?

Well this is something I have been working on for the past week. Gathering together a sound library to work with was the longest, most tedious task of all. Now I am in the process of cataloging all of the CO sound folder, and replacing everything one by one.

I call it the DK sound pack.

Current version: v0.6 (changelog at bottom of post)

Download:

Installation is easy. Just extract, and copy the "sound" folder to your Conquer 2.0 base directory (usually C:/Program Files/Conquer 2.0). I recommend you backup your origonal sound folder first! I will not be posting any backup origonal sound files.

This project will remain alive, unless I say that I have stopped working on it. If I stop working on it, I will mention it in this topic, and in this post. I will not consider this sound mod to be version 1.0 until at least half of all sounds are replaced. The bulk of the work soo far has been gathering together a nice and large sound library.

Also, if you do not like a particular sound, please say so in this topic. If enough users dislike a specific sound, I will replace it with something new.

Additionally if you find any bugs, please report them in this topic.

Current Changed Sounds (version 0.6)
===========================
Jump
Level up
XP Shield
Fastblade (fixed FB only? Also club uses 1 of the sounds, needs fixing)
Button Click
Revive
Repair
Cyclone
Window Open
Window Close
Equip
Unequip
Menu Close
Next menu
XP Lightning
Item Sell (updated)
Scent Sword
Meteor/Dragonball
KO 100x pop sound
Thunder/Fire
Tornado
Stig
Mine (proper sync)
Drop Equip (armor etc)
Drop (sword etc)
Drop misc. item
HP Heal(pot)
MP Heal(pot)
Medicine use(pot)(etc?)

Enjoy! +k is much appreciated as this is tedious work.

Note: Currently I am unable to find the sound for the XP skill Superman!! If you know the filename of this sound, and where it is located, please tell me! There is karma in it for you.

Code:
Changelog
=========

Version 0.6
------------
- dig.wav (mining sound) is now properly synced. This is something even TQ never did.
- a lot of sounds have had volume increased as they were too quiet
- 10 new added sounds in this version
- sell.wav has been replaced with a better alternate

Version 0.5
------------
Inital public release
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/06/2007, 04:18   #2

Someone Scan it PLEASE
Old 05/06/2007, 04:27   #3

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally posted by jaymehta2511@May 5 2007, 22:18
Someone Scan it PLEASE
Because wav files SO need scanning.. >.> I swear I'll slap the first person to scan this. It's a bunch of wav files. People go overboard with this scanning bs.
Old 05/06/2007, 04:40   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by bone-you+May 6 2007, 04:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bone-you @ May 6 2007, 04:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jaymehta2511@May 5 2007, 22:18
Someone Scan it PLEASE
Because wav files SO need scanning.. >.> I swear I'll slap the first person to scan this. It's a bunch of wav files. People go overboard with this scanning bs. [/b][/quote]
Indeed... Although people have reason to be paranoid these days, but I'm not a 5 post nub with no karma, you know?

Besides, any compressed winrar or winzip file can contain a virus regardless of its said contents. I would scan it, but I leech wireless and my upload sucks.

Also, seems my new met/db drop sound is just a little quiet, its not bad but at least for me its a little quiet. it'll be fixed in the next release - you can probobly expect that in 24 hours. It'll have 10-15 added new sounds at least.

and please, all input is welcome, good or bad, any bugs to report, opinions on specific sounds... If a lot of users dislike a particular sound, I will replace it.
Old 05/06/2007, 05:05   #5

If I could possibly make a request....

An edited Gem Drop sound so that I can know when a gem drops when I'm plvling.

That would be super sweet, or maybe if you could give me the location, as I already have a wav file to replace it with. It ISN'T (believe it or not) the GemDrop.wav file.
Old 05/06/2007, 05:09   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by bone-you+May 6 2007, 04:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bone-you @ May 6 2007, 04:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jaymehta2511@May 5 2007, 22:18
Someone Scan it PLEASE
Because wav files SO need scanning.. >.> I swear I'll slap the first person to scan this. It's a bunch of wav files. People go overboard with this scanning bs. [/b][/quote]
lol man dun be rude i was just infected with shitloads of spywares and trojans that i take evry step very cautiously thats it no offence
Old 05/06/2007, 05:11   #7

umm.....ill try it out lol, but really, i dont use my headphone or speaker when playing co2 anyway lol
btw, if u need to hear the gem drop sound, y dont u just get cotobo or edit ur itemtype make them appear unique
Old 05/06/2007, 05:20   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by jaymehta2511+May 5 2007, 23:09--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jaymehta2511 @ May 5 2007, 23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -bone-you@May 6 2007, 04:27
<!--QuoteBegin--jaymehta2511
Quote:
@May 5 2007, 22:18
Someone Scan it PLEASE

Because wav files SO need scanning.. >.> I swear I'll slap the first person to scan this. It's a bunch of wav files. People go overboard with this scanning bs.
lol man dun be rude i was just infected with shitloads of spywares and trojans that i take evry step very cautiously thats it no offence [/b][/quote]
Not trying to be rude but everyone goes overboard on scanning. If you open the rar (no harm in opening a rar) you'd see it's a single txt file and a folder of wavs. Nothing bad going on in there. In other posts I see, I see retards scanning zips and rars of pure text or scripts. It's stupid. It gets annoying to see multiple people scan the same file when all it contains are a few files of text or nonexecutable.
Old 05/06/2007, 05:40   #9

but i dint downloaded it and asked first coz RAR can have any harmful things i was just asking to online scan it
Old 05/06/2007, 06:04   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by merryvillain@May 6 2007, 05:05
If I could possibly make a request....

An edited Gem Drop sound so that I can know when a gem drops when I'm plvling.

That would be super sweet, or maybe if you could give me the location, as I already have a wav file to replace it with. It ISN'T (believe it or not) the GemDrop.wav file.
Well, I imagine sometime with future patches, that dropgem.wav will start being used. But right now, when a gem drops "DropItem.wav" is played. Unfourtonately this is a general item drop file, that plays when a lot of misc. stuff drops, such as ores. It may help you out a bit from hunting, and I havent tested changing that wav file yet and hunting for gems. So there isint much you can really do. Try it though and get back to me... But I'm betting it will trigger for a lot of misc. items.
Old 05/06/2007, 06:45   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by jaymehta2511@May 5 2007, 23:40
but i dint downloaded it and asked first coz RAR can have any harmful things i was just asking to online scan it
Rars can CONTAIN things but opening a rar won't do anything :P You could always scan it yourself you know.
Old 05/06/2007, 06:55   #12

Hi,

Please cool...

Please scan yourself rather ask someone to scan for you.
Go to Linklist to get the link for scanning. (^^)

DM
Old 05/06/2007, 07:04   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by DM2000@May 6 2007, 06:55
Hi,

Please cool...

Please scan yourself rather ask someone to scan for you.
Go to Linklist to get the link for scanning. (^^)

DM
okiessssssssss
Old 05/06/2007, 07:07   #14

I hope this gets added to the linklist soon. ^_^

I've been adding more new sounds for the past hour, so I should be able to release v0.6 tomorrow.

Also one little fix I am doing that TQ never did, is with the sound made when you are mining. TQ's sound is not timed right. The sound of hitting the ground plays while the pickaxe is in the air. My new mining sound (included in v0.5) does the same thing, but I'm fixing it for v0.6.
Old 05/06/2007, 08:02   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt.dk@May 6 2007, 01:07
Also one little fix I am doing that TQ never did, is with the sound made when you are mining. TQ's sound is not timed right. The sound of hitting the ground plays while the pickaxe is in the air. My new mining sound (included in v0.5) does the same thing, but I'm fixing it for v0.6.
Never really noticed that.. I'll have to go listen to a char mining now to see o.o