Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 22:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does font ËÎÌå still exist?

Discussion on Does font ËÎÌå still exist? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 05/06/2007, 02:25   #16

elite*gold: 20
k. I patched up and yes, it crashed on me so I looked into it. lol.

ini/StrRes.ini

Replace all instances of Courier with ËÎÌå and it works fine ;/ loaded after I changed it and everything works.
Old 05/06/2007, 13:50   #17

elite*gold: 0
monofur doesnt work for me it just says conquer online has encountered a problem and needs to close...i just use Lucida 14 the spacings a little off but its better than co's courier...
Old 05/06/2007, 19:04   #18

try using Simsun 14, so far i like it the best as a replacement
Old 05/06/2007, 22:21   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan-Virus+May 5 2007, 07:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trojan-Virus @ May 5 2007, 07:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -bone-you@May 5 2007, 04:44
er. I just edited my font.ini file. That's all? lol
ummm.. your lieng becausssse.... after new patch the`ve inserted a file checker to scane your co folders to check for tampered files and if you`ve edited these files co will crash. on the other hand theren is another way to edit your font for co but i wont give u the link because u can just search for it. D[/b]

what kind of method are you referring to? the system registry one?

Quote:
Originally posted by -azeazezar@May 5 2007, 18:12
I have also just edited my font.ini without problems
I use the font "monofur"
thanks for telling me another font to try. if you, or anyone found a font so similar to the font Ella, post it up

<!--QuoteBegin--bone-you
@May 6 2007, 02:25
k. I patched up and yes, it crashed on me so I looked into it. lol.

ini/StrRes.ini

Replace all instances of Courier with ËÎÌå and it works fine ;/ loaded after I changed it and everything works.
[/quote]
i replaced word Courier with ËÎÌå and Ella (normal font). both failed, somehow.
when changing font name in StrRes.ini, i remember there were a few Couriers, around 10. i changed all of them to Ella/ËÎÌå but then failed to log in and co crashed.

what have i missed?
Old 05/07/2007, 03:37   #20

elite*gold: 20
Well, it's weird enough. When I first changed them all in strres.ini it loaded perfectly twice with no problems. The next day when I went to load it it crashed. Don't know what's up with that but I verified that it worked on my comp before I posted so meh.. don't know.
Old 05/07/2007, 06:22   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by bone-you@May 7 2007, 03:37
Well, it's weird enough. When I first changed them all in strres.ini it loaded perfectly twice with no problems. The next day when I went to load it it crashed. Don't know what's up with that but I verified that it worked on my comp before I posted so meh.. don't know.
haha, i see.
your computer was not fully refresh so i guess the settings were half and half and thus you got to open without problems.

try this method which is through system registry. by r34p3rex
try it and tell me how it is - does this method let you get the real Ella font?
Old 05/07/2007, 07:57   #22

fear not it can be done using the CO Font Setter.
Check for it here

a simple registry change before loading Conquer, can select any font you like "without" crashing your client. ! Remember to +K the Creator (KageKhan)
Old 05/07/2007, 08:54   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by blinko@May 7 2007, 07:57
fear not it can be done using the CO Font Setter.
Check for it here

a simple registry change before loading Conquer, can select any font you like "without" crashing your client. ! Remember to +K the Creator (KageKhan)
plenty of fonts to choose.
which is closest to Ella?

@To people having problems using other fonts -> you have to make sure that font file is installed in your comp. if it is installed and co still crashes, then it would be CO that has the problem with the font.