Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 13:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Querstion] Which file controls misc sounds?

Discussion on [Querstion] Which file controls misc sounds? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hello all, sorry to bother but I searched and came to no answers...

I want to change a few sounds in CO (eg. Met, Db, Gems) but they share the wave file with lots of other sounds, and I dont want to be looking for what's not being dropped.

So, I was wondering if any of you know or could help me find the file the controls those sounds. The file I'm looking for is not:

3DsimpleRole.ini
ActionSound.ini
MediaEffect.ini
WeaponEffect.ini

I looked into the itentype.dat... but I have no idea which entry refears to sounds (even if I did, I don't think I would manage to do something)

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=Thanks in advance' border='0' alt='Thanks in advance' />
Old 04/26/2007, 23:23   #2

Received Thanks: 1,960
There isn't any reference to sounds in the itemtype.dat.

Try looking here>>>
Conquer 2.0 *HOT* Linklist, Links to EVERYTHING

10.0 Fun[*] Sound
How to change CO Sound - Tinytox
CHANGE YOUR MET OR ANY ITEM YOU WANT(SOUND) - masteryousefinho
Changeing Co2 Sounds, Met drop sound - Tinytox
Conquer Sound Mods - HipMeat
Personalize you CO, New sounds - Cucurucho
Old 04/27/2007, 01:26   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by a1blaster@Apr 26 2007, 23:23
There isn't any reference to sounds in the itemtype.dat.
Thanks for the info, now I know I dont need to have headaches looking in there...

About the links thou... I don't just want to replace the DropItem.wav or the bell.wav, I want something like: Meteor -> bell.wav, DragonBall -> db.wav, gem -> gems.wav; where db.wav and gems.wav are new sounds.

Does anyone have an idea how to do that? Just tell me which file to edit... :/
Old 04/27/2007, 06:30   #4

mets/dbs are already loud, so they ok, but gems have misc sound, so do you want a loud sound everytime arrows or ores drop???
Old 04/27/2007, 18:52   #5

I found the DropItem.wav... in the conquer.exe:

44 72 6F 70 49 74 65 6D 2E 77 61 76 <--

There are 2 entrances for that, maybe... one is about the gems and the other for other stuff.

But there is only one bell.wav there, so I guess I can't make dbs and bets have different sounds.

Gonna try to edit the drop sound..