Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 12:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Enough is enough

Discussion on Enough is enough within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/17/2006, 00:46   #16

elite*gold: 0
Karma probably shouldn't be a goal.

Karma is not so much for the person who has it, as it is for those who are looking for help, to be able to find someone who they can rely upon.
Old 12/17/2006, 00:49   #17

@Tombstone: i mentioned also i was new to conquer means i had no real clue about the game too, i needed alot of help to get something like a ore dropper via autoit to work, in short i would prolly failed the test and i would never become a member here, if something like you mentioned would be up.

@noelm:
1. i think you missed the part with spamming the forum to reach the posts.
2. nothing to say, i could be offended by that, but i dont waste my time with such things.
3.so the forum have than 1000 mods and who controls that? how you discuss intern about things, with such members? (and dont come again with being not realistic, i always use higher number...)
4. at least here in germany it is normal to get every 24h a disconnect from the isp and then you get auto a new ip.
5. as i already mentioned it is impossible to know who is "good" and who is "bad".
Old 12/17/2006, 00:52   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by ColdStart@Dec 16 2006, 18:38
Someone with high karma and high post count made a clearly unrelated yet kind post. It can happen, but it just isn't as bad as if someone with a single post did such a thing in a major topic.
You're saying only people with high karma/post counts can go offtopic without it looking bad? That's kind of awkward isn't it 0.o

Going off topic isn't a problem unless it's done in retarded way like with someone just being obnoxious and spamming for that purpose. In using myself as an example like you have, I already voiced my opinions and views on the thread topic and had a random comment I wanted to make as well. No biggie.

It's not how many posts or karmas someone does or doesn't have, it's the way they present themselves that makes them a noob or not.

Edit for Coder: I still stand by my idea and think it'd be for the best. Losing one or two good ones here and there is a fair price to pay to weed out the MULTITUDE of negatives that we'd avoid. The downside to my idea though is that it would require a mod to be dedicated and not just make an appearance here and there when it's convenient for them 0.o
Old 12/17/2006, 00:53   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by coder62@Dec 17 2006, 00:49
@Tombstone: i mentioned also i was new to conquer means i had no real clue about the game too, i needed alot of help to get something like a ore dropper via autoit to work, in short i would prolly failed the test and i would never become a member here, if something like you mentioned would be up.

@noelm:
1. i think you missed the part with spamming the forum to reach the posts.
2. nothing to say, i could be offended by that, but i dont waste my time with such things.
3.so the forum have than 1000 mods and who controls that? how you discuss intern about things, with such members? (and dont come again with being not realistic, i always use higher number...)
4. at least here in germany it is normal to get every 24h a disconnect from the isp and then you get auto a new ip.
5. as i already mentioned it is impossible to know who is "good" and who is "bad".
I said I didnt mean any disrespect but whatever, however you take what I say is your business.

If all my ideas are so wrong, please provide a solution, because the way things are going, epvp is going to cave in on itself.
Old 12/17/2006, 01:03   #20

Quote:
Originally posted by Tombstone@Dec 16 2006, 18:52
It's not how many posts or karmas someone does or doesn't have, it's the way they present themselves that makes them a noob or not.
Exactly. I came in here trying to help and contribute with a positive mind set. I used proper grammar and language skills to communicate clearly to everyone who can speak english.
The thing that I think really sets a noob into their title is when they speak in 1337-speak or chat-speak. They should give the time to properly spell out the words and use correct grammar, after all it isn't an instant 2-way chat, it is a forum.
Old 12/17/2006, 01:12   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by noelm@Dec 16 2006, 21:40
Yes, I'm here, again. And I'm asking to put a stop to all the leechers on this forum, and I think I have a good enough idea. If you're easily offended please dont read this.

1 - I'm f**king sick of these 1 post f**king noobs making threads about some stupid idea like a socket trick. YOU should only be allowed post a thread if you have over 100 posts and 5 karma. Thats my suggestion number 1.

2 - I'm also f**king sick of hearing these noobs whine about just about everything and anything. ANYone that asks for co partner or cotobo should automatically get 2 warnings as there is a thread CLEARLY DEDICATED TO BOTH PROGRAMS.

3 - If users go inactive, IE they stop using epvp because they have every program they need, then come back when it suits. Their account should be declared inactive and they will have to email a suitable mod to have it reactivated.

4 - 2 warnings = ban. The system is too leniant, I've seen the worst noobs on this forum with only 1 warning to their name. This shouldn't be the case. You get 2 warnings, you get an IP ban, end of story.

5 - Limit the amount of people that can register to the forum for one month. No more f**king leechers.

I will gladly help devote my time to any of the 5 items listed above, and I'm requesting having this pinned.
u was a n00b to douchebag
Old 12/17/2006, 01:15   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaver98+Dec 17 2006, 01:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beaver98 @ Dec 17 2006, 01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--noelm@Dec 16 2006, 21:40
Yes, I'm here, again. And I'm asking to put a stop to all the leechers on this forum, and I think I have a good enough idea. If you're easily offended please dont read this.

1 - I'm f**king sick of these 1 post f**king noobs making threads about some stupid idea like a socket trick. YOU should only be allowed post a thread if you have over 100 posts and 5 karma. Thats my suggestion number 1.

2 - I'm also f**king sick of hearing these noobs whine about just about everything and anything. ANYone that asks for co partner or cotobo should automatically get 2 warnings as there is a thread CLEARLY DEDICATED TO BOTH PROGRAMS.

3 - If users go inactive, IE they stop using epvp because they have every program they need, then come back when it suits. Their account should be declared inactive and they will have to email a suitable mod to have it reactivated.

4 - 2 warnings = ban. The system is too leniant, I've seen the worst noobs on this forum with only 1 warning to their name. This shouldn't be the case. You get 2 warnings, you get an IP ban, end of story.

5 - Limit the amount of people that can register to the forum for one month. No more f**king leechers.

I will gladly help devote my time to any of the 5 items listed above, and I'm requesting having this pinned.
u was a n00b to douchebag [/b][/quote]
And you still are a noob, so you have no say in this, none of your business, so shut your mouth.
Old 12/17/2006, 01:21   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by noelm+Dec 16 2006, 19:15--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (noelm @ Dec 16 2006, 19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Beaver98@Dec 17 2006, 01:12
u was a n00b to douchebag
And you still are a noob, so you have no say in this, none of your business, so shut your mouth. [/b][/quote]
Although Beaver98 did exactly as I described a generic noob would do, I don't believe insulting them or trying to shut them up will solve anything.
I believe we should teach them the proper ways to behave and post in this forum. By flaming them, we just encourage them to post back in the same way Beaver98 has. They throw in a simple insult and drag it on with improper spellings and grammar, which only makes us more upset.
If we treat everyone with respect and they don't show the same in return, they should get reported, warned, and eventually banned.
Old 12/17/2006, 01:41   #24

making limits to get on a hack site sounds stupid. ive been playin CO for almost 2 yrs. I think people (noobs) who put dumb threads in should have one punishment, delete there stupid thread. this is mainly because what some of you ask would limit our site thus limiting out hacks/bots/threads/templates....etc...etc...
Old 12/17/2006, 02:15   #25

Quote:
Originally posted by avlashley@Dec 16 2006, 19:41
ive been playin CO for almost 2 yrs.
...and have a post count here of 10, which means you've leeched here forever and a day and have scarcely bothered in the slightest to actually get involved with the community.

And how is it you think our suggestions would be detrimental exactly, you'll need to explain that one because I don't see your logic. Which is better, letting every noob on the planet freely join up and thus have endless leeching, spamming and ignorant threads/comments to clutter up the place, or... Being preferential about who joins up in the first place?
Old 12/17/2006, 02:45   #26

I can see your point tombstone, but I also see what coder is saying.

I have also played conquer for nearly 3 years, on and off.. and been a member here for at least 1 of those years, but I only started posting a little while ago. I'd like to think i've made a little contribution that somewhat justifies my membership in this community.

One difference between myself, and a lot of the 'noobs' you refer to, is their interest in what we do here.

The majority of them come desperate for a quick solution to their problem, so they can run back to Conquer and impliment it.

I havn't played conquer seriously since Arbiter was new. I'm much more interested in learning how to do the sort of stuff i see here. To me, fiddling with conquer and finding little ways to change it, is more interesting than actually playing the game.

Just thinking of workarounds.. our problem here really seems to be ill informed noobs, with their first few posts.. just loud demanding spam.. They obviously don't read the stickies. Or know about forum ettiquette.

I'm just thinking of things that could counteract this:

Eg. 15 minute delay between activating an account and being able to post with it.

Or. Newbies unable to start their own thread?.. if you have a post count less than, say.. 10.. you could be redirected to a page kindly directing you to search first, and contribue to an existing thread?

Maybe there should be a link to the video.. with a short multiple choice questionairre to follow.. and if they answer all questions right, they can access the forum??

I suppose these ideas might be difficult to impliment, or full of flaws, but I do think the real problem is just that people who have never posted before just ignore all forum protocol.
Old 12/17/2006, 03:01   #27

in my experience i define the noobs in 2 categories...
1st the noobs:

These are the stupid, ignorant i can't read english won't take any effort of searching will never learn kinda peoplen thinking there always right calling other people noobs all the time, complain, probably haven't been breastfed spoiled brats etc etc i can go on for hours but you get the point....

and than you have the newbs like myself that do take the time 2 learn figure things out for themselves are patient learn from others read and search thing themselves, don't spam don't whine.. you get the point also i hope..

not everyone is a hacker programmer.... takes skill and alot of time and effort... so i really respect people that contribute and help us noobs out and gives us tips and tricks to start programming hacking ourselves...

so +karma for all the people contributing.. and to all the noobs go ask your mommies for breastmilk obviously your brains didn't develop enough due to the lack of it -_-
Old 12/17/2006, 04:46   #28

this thread makes me think to myself: "have i ever helped anyone on this forum?". i have. actually several people like what i say but most people dont like what i say, anyway i just want to say that the point of this thread is a good one, but look at the first thing u said: we should need 100 posts and 5 karma to make a new thread. now look at this: how am i gonna get karma if i cant make a new thread to help other people? i know what u r thinking: "u post on the thread of someone then u might get karma if u say something smart...". well, in most cases the people would give this karma to the threadstarter so i dont think it will work. ok ty for reading this.

PS: this is only my opinion! everyone who wants please post here your own opinion, that's why forums help people, because we share our opinions and help each other untill we get to a good point, anyway there is always a noob saying: "stfu you are wrong i know everything" <- these are the noobs who should get warned. kthxbai.
Old 12/17/2006, 04:49   #29

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally posted by noelm@Dec 16 2006, 21:40

Lameass ideas, sorry.
Old 12/17/2006, 04:53   #30

Anyone with 100 post will b able to make a thread....good idea since alot of idiots creating new accts to post keyloggers..but if they r despo.. there will be spam!!
Closed Thread