Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 17:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

No Socketing trick? I don't think so.

Discussion on No Socketing trick? I don't think so. within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/07/2006, 22:45   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by TheAssMan+Sep 7 2006, 22:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheAssMan @ Sep 7 2006, 22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -tsu@Sep 7 2006, 22:23
Quote:
Originally posted by -TheAssMan@Sep 7 2006, 21:28
<!--QuoteBegin--tsu
Quote:
Quote:
@Sep 7 2006, 21:23
spam mets ftw

Ahhh... I see... so he wasted 3+ dbs to make all his items uni just so it would look like there was trick behind it? ... makes sense... please read before you assume things.

Who said aboutd using dbs?
met spam on uni items ftw

Please think before you assume things.
Please explain the reaccuring pattern of lvl 80 uni soc items then. And then tell me why he would go out and find uni items to spam mets on if he could just buy normal ones from the shop...? Its all luck, atleast everyone assumes so..

Kuro said that Uni items have a better chance, if thats true then that it self is the socet trick is it not? Also I have seen no proof of uni items having a better chance to socket. This guys did not explain his method so he might not have exploited your theory. [/b][/quote]
look at things that ppl soc. Its not usually norm things. Occasionally ppl will soc norm things, but a lot of people try to soc ref or -3/-5 items.
Old 09/08/2006, 08:59   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by TheAssMan@Sep 7 2006, 22:22
Ok I will test this, you are saying that spamming mets on low level uni items is all this guy did. He makes at the very least 1 socket a week. If i try this and do not make 1 socket then you are incorrect about how this guy made his sockets. You may be correct that if I do this many many times that I might get lucky and make a soc but I already know that... this guy doesnt consider luck or he wouldnt have this many sockets. Luck may be a small part in his equation but not a big one.

Originaly I thought that he had bought ref lvl 80 boots and dbed them but I have yet to try this.
1 sock per week? thats raelly not that much...

If thats how u make ur money with sockets, u should be able 2 make at least 3s per week.
Old 09/08/2006, 09:16   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by TheAssMan+Sep 7 2006, 22:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheAssMan @ Sep 7 2006, 22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by -tsu@Sep 7 2006, 22:23
Quote:
Originally posted by -TheAssMan@Sep 7 2006, 21:28
<!--QuoteBegin--tsu
Quote:
Quote:
@Sep 7 2006, 21:23
spam mets ftw

Ahhh... I see... so he wasted 3+ dbs to make all his items uni just so it would look like there was trick behind it? ... makes sense... please read before you assume things.

Who said aboutd using dbs?
met spam on uni items ftw

Please think before you assume things.
Please explain the reaccuring pattern of lvl 80 uni soc items then. And then tell me why he would go out and find uni items to spam mets on if he could just buy normal ones from the shop...? Its all luck, atleast everyone assumes so..

Kuro said that Uni items have a better chance, if thats true then that it self is the socet trick is it not? Also I have seen no proof of uni items having a better chance to socket. This guys did not explain his method so he might not have exploited your theory. [/b][/quote]
he gets a low level uni item, has a bot in MZ getting mets for him

Spams with mets until the items soc

That explain it?

Socs are, like most things in the game, based on percentages, so you have X.X percent chance of finding an elite item, and when you use a met, you have X.X% chance of failure, X% chance of success, and X% chance of success AND gaining a soc

Level of the item will affect the percentage, because the way it will be coded is that each item has X.X% chance of doing whatever is applicable in that situation, this is why high level items fail to upgrade most of the time. And it MUST be based on percentages, because i know people that have been able to upgrade items from 105-110 in a few mets, its not going to be "luck" as such, but a purely statistical chance of things happening
Old 09/10/2006, 14:49   #19

ive read a good many theories on the socketing trick tried most got one off a friend that worked (only once grrrrr if it works again id post about it after ive exploited it to full xD) ive tried the after maint got my boots that way but never again i say it can be luck but with my friends soc trick i used 15 mets for a socket bag now tell me.
anyways im posting saying why not ask him xD say your from a diff server and you would like to be rich in your server then you can post here telling us all xD (if there is one that is)
Old 09/10/2006, 17:12   #20

Or maybe perhaps there IS a method for easier socketing? I mean, everyone says "No, all luck" but does anyone actually agree?

Just a tip:

If you want a socket, use DBs in market or mets in TC.