Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 21:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions for a Veteren...

Discussion on Questions for a Veteren... within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Ok.. I just had a idea for a semi usefull edit/hack.. I dont wish to say EXACTLY what it is but I will say kinda the idea behind it..

A long time a go in a far less gay conquer. There was a edit making it so that using (eg.) a dance in market would ACTUALY function as hurc (this is my basic understanding of it.. I nvr used it) thus being able to kill ppl there... I am well aware that bug was fixed thank ***.. but I am thinking.. if you can do that.. then surely you could bypass requirements for skills.. such as needing a bow on to fly maybe? or possibly 2 weps for hurc... prob a server side check for MOST of them.. but what I am asking is.

A rough description of how the old market bug worked...

ideas of what such a thing could be used for (notice I dident post anything to usefull as suggestions.. cause what I am thinking of COULD be awsome)

Ideas of how it could possibly be done.

From what I heard it was something to do with magic.dat or something.. replacing things so that the game was tricked into thinking it was using a diff skill... anyways. Help apreciated

Pro4never
Back in action WOOT,
Old 08/05/2006, 05:47   #2

elite*gold: 0
This was possible back when the MagicType was INI. This is not so easy if even possible anymore. Plus, if your thinking about using this to PK in Twin, I think its a terrible idea, cause then that also means you would be able to pk in ANY pk-free zone. Including but not limited too... Market. Anyways, it might still be possible if you modified the Magic.dat like you used to be able to in .ini style, but I believe it even won't work off of that. Possibly tho... editing the client may do the trick?

Just my random thoughts...
~Chris
Old 08/05/2006, 06:57   #3

i think they totaly patched that....
Old 08/05/2006, 07:28   #4

if you read my post I talked about skills you cant normaly use. This has nothing to do with pking.. well.. actualy it does...

Ok so much for not encouraging the idea for all..

MELEE ARCHER USING INTENSIFY WITH A MELEE WEPON...

That clear things up?

The only way it would not be possible is if there is a server side weapon check.. which I doubt there is.. ifnot maybe there is way to make it not stop charging if in mid intensify you switch to a melee wep..
Old 08/05/2006, 09:21   #5

I know exactly what you are talking about. PM me with your MSN. This could work.
Old 08/05/2006, 16:49   #6

I Heard about this, but I havn't been playing long enough to see it.
Old 08/06/2006, 19:53   #7

as far as I know no one has done that before... the reason I dident post my exact thoughts in the 1st one is that I dident want like everyone and their br cousins having this the second someone figures it out.. I suck *** at hex editing so thats why I been having some probs with it... there is prob a server side check tho.. still something to look into!
Old 08/07/2006, 20:48   #8

i believe it was done the same way as the old superman "hack" where you changed the ini file to allow you to cast superman on someone else. with dances being skills like any other you could change the effects that the skill had. just after the superman hack was patched making the files read only i tried it again using read only zero but editing the ini didn't work because of .dat changes.. but theoretically you could hex edit the .dat file and allow you to do it.

p.s. if conquer think they've fixed the problem then fchen aint gonna pull his finger out and put in a server side check for it.. thinking he'd invincible and all

edit : If you remember back to then, there was no server side check because a tonne of people used it but very few got banned and TQ arent the type to fix a problem twice to be sure
Old 08/08/2006, 15:14   #9

no.