Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 18:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

An idea to get easy sockets from MoonBox

Discussion on An idea to get easy sockets from MoonBox within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Target:
Improve chances of getting sockets from moonboxes

Solution:
Remove the pop-up that says, "Please leave 3 free slots in your inventory first" (I know the problem is not in the pop-up but I dunno how else to explain it)

I'm a noob in hacking and hex editing and that's why I can't do that and I'm asking you guys if this would be possible.

Oh yeah, some of you might wonder why this would help. So, 100% of the times sockets come as refined items and it's the only thing you get (no mets, no other refs)
If this worked the chances of getting a socket would be huge. even if you don't get it you still get an elite that sells for 2-3 moonboxes.

BTW, this trick works with turkeys from thanksgiving quest and gives you double exp 80%+ of the times

(I'm also new to this forum, please correct me if I posted in the wrong section)
Old 09/06/2005, 07:21   #2

you talking about removing the comand in the program that requires you to have 3 open slots?.......... there has got to be another way you can explain that...
Old 09/06/2005, 07:31   #3

i think thats serverside and also random....idk if u can do that then it would be tight ****....

GuttA
Old 09/06/2005, 08:06   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by newtoallthis@Sep 6 2005, 07:21
you talking about removing the comand in the program that requires you to have 3 open slots?.......... there has got to be another way you can explain that...
yes, for example you open a vanilla box and you get only one vanilla
but here with moonboxes you "only" ge ta socket
Old 09/06/2005, 08:44   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by anticlownn+Sep 5 2005, 23:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anticlownn @ Sep 5 2005, 23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--newtoallthis@Sep 6 2005, 07:21
yes, for example you open a vanilla box and you get only one vanilla
but here with moonboxes you "only" ge ta socket [/b][/quote]
it wont work, i as far as i know those moonbox things are calculated server side, the pop up you are talking about its a part of your lcient, so its created client side, so even if somebody removes it, it wont do anything but the same thing, like in your vanilla examples you would still recv 3 vanillas
Old 09/06/2005, 09:03   #6

but it's impossible to store those vanillas if your itembox is full

lemmie explain this more clear

the system has sets in which prizes are given (like ref item + met, 1 elite, 1 socket, unique + met, etc.)
let's say you have 39 wooden swords and 1 moon box
if you open teh moon box it will only chose between the two single prizes, which would be a socket or an elite

ok maybe the vanilla example wasn't so good

BUT the trick works on turkeys from thanksgiving quest that either gives you 40 min double exp or a met
Old 09/06/2005, 10:04   #7

or maybe it'll still give you the 3 mets but see it cant store the last two and just delete those...
Old 09/06/2005, 13:06   #8

nono its a great idea.... because when we try to open the moonbox.. and we get this damned pop-up which says 3 slots needed... then we know for sure its only (2 ref, one met, or 3 mets, 2 Mets 1 Ref etc.)

I never got an elite with other Items... so it would help... we cant open the moonbox, but we know 3 items are in it...
Old 09/06/2005, 13:40   #9

Ahhhh thanks badboy NOW I understand, yes this idea isnt bad at all!

EDIT: Then you know which ones are useless to you and you can sell.
Old 09/06/2005, 14:28   #10

wow is this for real? hehe lol wonder how many people are gonna buy moonbox's after this if it is... knowing that odds are its worthless.........
Old 09/06/2005, 14:30   #11

Well that isn't exactly what I had in mind

I believe the prizes are automatically generated (maybe random) when you're openning it (that's why it lags a lil before shows all items - at least for me)

SO if you have prizes with 3 items, 2 items, or 1 item it will go liek this

You click on the moonbox and the system tries to generate prizes with 3 and 2 items as usual. but if there is nothing to tell it that it's wrong to have no room, it will generate between the 1 item prizes

you get like 50% chance of getting a socket
Old 09/06/2005, 15:13   #12

Ok, I do get badboy's point, but I am not sure what you mean by "but if there is nothing to tell it that it's wrong to have no room, it will generate between the 1 item prizes". It's almost as if you're saying to add some code to get the moonbox to regenrate its contents until it returns only 1 item. If that's what you mean, I am not sure it's possible...
Old 09/06/2005, 15:31   #13

nice.. any one tried?
Old 09/06/2005, 15:38   #14

Not yet but..ahh hell ill do it now =D
Old 09/06/2005, 15:38   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by krusty@Sep 6 2005, 15:13
Ok, I do get badboy's point, but I am not sure what you mean by "but if there is nothing to tell it that it's wrong to have no room, it will generate between the 1 item prizes". It's almost as if you're saying to add some code to get the moonbox to regenrate its contents until it returns only 1 item. If that's what you mean, I am not sure it's possible...
If there's no program to tell the system that you have to have 3 free spaces to open this box then it will chose between the single prizes

EDIT: if there's no program to tell it's wrong then there's no pop-up message and no error

dunno how else to explain this
Closed Thread