Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 13:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

botting dead?

Discussion on botting dead? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
botting dead?

it seems coai website is dead.. even admins are not responding.. is there any bot out there left? even like SV would be great since proxies are getting detected easily.
Old 01/13/2016, 16:53   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Private bots only really. No one is gonna waste their time trying to make a public tool these days. Just not worth their time/money.
Old 01/13/2016, 20:00   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Private bots only really. No one is gonna waste their time trying to make a public tool these days. Just not worth their time/money.
I know you know the reasoning for this, but for others who may not understand the problem: the cost comes in maintaining the bot. TQ Digital has become quite aggressive with how they prevent botting. Maintaining a bot means putting up a fight against TQ these days, and many aren't willing to put the time and money into doing so. It's a sort of starvation in the line of project work. You can still find private bots, but public bots are practically out of the question.
Old 01/13/2016, 23:09   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I know you know the reasoning for this, but for others who may not understand the problem: the cost comes in maintaining the bot. TQ Digital has become quite aggressive with how they prevent botting. Maintaining a bot means putting up a fight against TQ these days, and many aren't willing to put the time and money into doing so. It's a sort of starvation in the line of project work. You can still find private bots, but public bots are practically out of the question.
It's also a factor of TQ having created their own bot that's built into the client. Having a 'fair' alternative that wont get you punished makes bot sales suffer greatly. When combined with the constant battle of constantly reverse engineering new patches and anti bot measures it makes little/no sense to bother with.

I'd think it's safe to say the days of bots with hundreds or thousands of paid subscribers are over. There's a reason you're seeing a lot of 'veteran' developers who were involved with paid bot projects switching their efforts to pservers. It creates less headaches for them and gives them more opportunities to monetize their work.

Those still doing private bots are stupid to release anything publicly for a few reasons.

#1: It gets their methods patched creating more work for themselves
#2: It creates competition for themselves. They could quite easily use their private bot to farm a ridiculous amount of accounts/items to sell for real life cash if they wanted to monetize their work.
Thanks
3 Users