Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 19:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Making a socket (once and for all)

Discussion on Making a socket (once and for all) within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Facts:
A. Always bound to mets / dbs
B. Can happen in TC or in Market
C. First socket easier in TC, 2nd in Market (friends info)
D. Higher chance to socket with a DB! YES, A DB!
E. Higher chance to socket when less people / less sockets around (right after maint for example - and it is JUST AN EXAMPLE)
F. Higher chance = NOT SURE U GET A SOCK or YOU MOSTLY WONT GET A SOCK
G. Use mets to try socketing - unless u can make money (i.e. uni boots>elite earns more money when selling them than a db and uni boot cost, NORMAL items are not worth the chance of socket - unless ur rich)

CONCLUSION
DO NOT TRY TO SOCKET UNLESS U CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE EVERYTHING YOU TRY WITH (including the chance to get pked in some servers near maint and artisna)

good day
Old 07/19/2005, 22:48   #2

Quote:
Originally posted by S.O@Jul 19 2005, 15:08
Facts:
A. Always bound to mets / dbs
B. Can happen in TC or in Market
C. First socket easier in TC, 2nd in Market (friends info)
D. Higher chance to socket with a DB! YES, A DB!
E. Higher chance to socket when less people / less sockets around (right after maint for example - and it is JUST AN EXAMPLE)
F. Higher chance = NOT SURE U GET A SOCK or YOU MOSTLY WONT GET A SOCK
G. Use mets to try socketing - unless u can make money (i.e. uni boots>elite earns more money when selling them than a db and uni boot cost, NORMAL items are not worth the chance of socket - unless ur rich)

CONCLUSION
DO NOT TRY TO SOCKET UNLESS U CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE EVERYTHING YOU TRY WITH (including the chance to get pked in some servers near maint and artisna)

good day
RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHT! lol... dbs make sockets faster ... rigggggggggggggggggghhhhhttt
Old 07/19/2005, 23:20   #3

yea my experience is that it is completely random... dbs are like one in ten where as mets are like one in eleven or something.
Old 07/20/2005, 01:15   #4

O.O
1 in 11?
1 in 10?!

lol

and yes, dbs have a slightly higher chance to socket (few dbs i put thru TC artisan - 1 socketed, and most people i talk to, say at least 1 of their sockets is from a db - now DB's go in TC artisan MUCH less than mets => dbs sock more!)
Old 07/20/2005, 04:01   #5

Ya, I think dbs do give a higher a chance, I see a lot of sockets from ref. > uni and get a socket or get the second socket. I spoke to a few of them, and that's how they got the socks.. but when it comes to getting it, it's random.
Old 07/20/2005, 04:05   #6

I got both my socketse on the night of last day of gw on my 7th met. Coro lvl 97-112 elite +3 and next week my ref boots wen i was bored. It got socket at lvl 40. Later wen i was rich. 110+ mets each day. 500+ mets each week. for 2 weeks now. =((((( no luck. I kan buya socket IF i sold all those mets. Its all about luck to me. Dbs just higher chance of getting socket. Just cost more cuz they are dbs.
Old 07/20/2005, 04:08   #7

well from my frends told me, he got 2 sock super trojan armor from spamming mets in tc (yes both sock)
1st sock is from upgrading lvl 70-87 (2 mets)
2nd sock is from upgrading lvl 87-100 (80 mets)
and he did it in 5 days after he sold his previous 2 sock armor to MECHSerac

well i think super items has higher chance than normal item because success rate of upgrading is so small but when it success sock may pop up
Old 07/20/2005, 12:58   #8

maybe one day (doubt it will happen) we could get 1 thread with only where u have succeeding in getting a soc in gear and what method you used to get it or if at the time it was just luck based (aka your lvl 107 your archer coat needs upping to lvl 107 from 97 that would just be luck based unless your trying some "method") the biggest thing is if we are to start a thread like this their would have to be strict guidelines no spamming it no posts other than direct success posts and how, no theoretical posts etc because every topic on sockets.. (counted like 8 so far 3 of which were just made) all contain flaming, theories, spam, and bs no true flat out successful posts of when and how and if they think it was just flat out random luck or if they did something they thaught influenced it. i will make this thread if kitsune will help me monitor it and delete bogus posts etc then maybe we can get something realistic going
Old 07/20/2005, 13:05   #9

bah.. the onli way i got mets was upping lev10 boots to lev20 and all the waY till i get a soc... yes... that means multiple lev10 boots to up in a go.... 1st soc boot 20mets(lost it due to bug tho >.<) 2nd 100mets.... yea...
Old 07/20/2005, 16:31   #10

I got an elite two socket tao cap before

I dbed a uni lvl 15 tao cap and it got a sock then a few seconds later i met it and wala second socket.
Old 07/20/2005, 16:39   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by JavierXAngel@Jul 20 2005, 23:31
I got an elite two socket tao cap before

I dbed a uni lvl 15 tao cap and it got a sock then a few seconds later i met it and wala second socket.
i want =P
Old 07/21/2005, 03:28   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by S.O@Jul 20 2005, 01:15
O.O
1 in 11?
1 in 10?!

lol

and yes, dbs have a slightly higher chance to socket (few dbs i put thru TC artisan - 1 socketed, and most people i talk to, say at least 1 of their sockets is from a db - now DB's go in TC artisan MUCH less than mets => dbs sock more!)
none of that 1 in 10 or 1 in 11, it's all COMPLETELY randdom.. eg: i made my sock bracelet with 5 mets, boots with 73 mets, and so far wasted over 250 mets trying to get sock bag no luck.. so as u can see it's all random just based on luck.. currently working on sock cap so far lost 40 mets..

P.S i gave up on bag ;/
Old 07/21/2005, 09:39   #13

Lol.1 word of advice. Met tear DOES increase your chance of getting a socket. This seriously does work.
Old 07/21/2005, 14:16   #14

My friend has made 3 socs with dbs.
Old 07/22/2005, 07:47   #15

i of my friends in Co knows one of the gms personally and he said when he asked him...the guy said that socketing is more or less totally random...nothing increases ur chance for socket but he said if u buy like 100 lvl 10boots and have 100 mets and try one met on each one u will certainly always get at least one of them socketed.......i dont have the money to prove it tho but my friend is trustworthy source.