Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 17:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

HELP WITH SOCKETS!

Discussion on HELP WITH SOCKETS! within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi again, i was thinking about quiting the game but i dicided to try to make sockets in every thing so i sold all my equip(made 60mil) bought low lvl supers/unique/elite and dbs.IM a trojan . my boots,necky and attack ring was unique LOW lvl and i gave it all dbs to get super and trojan armor lvl 15 was elite and i made it super and i bought a low lvl super cornet. Today i gave my ring 65 mets and ring reach lvl 80 by doing so no socket . .any one no the best way i and get sockets.PLZ HELP
Old 07/05/2005, 04:44   #2

probably nobody will post... On my server I noticed yesterday the great [Broadcast]... 5 ppl using it.... not to mention on other servers couse some friends informed me.
Old 07/05/2005, 13:29   #3

i noticed on emerald theres a trojan who is in tc alway under a guard when its xx.08-xx.13 and he sell many socket just got yesterday socket earrings. i think theres a special time but its 5 min thats 300 mets if u try every second and u would need some days to get all secs tested ...
ill try every 10 sec now ill post in some days if i got any sockets have to hunt mets first now :P
Old 07/05/2005, 17:15   #4

That's total bull, kiraone. The reason after SM is likely to work is that the chance of getting a socket is relative to the amount of people logged on WITH sockets. If the server notices a shortage, it will raise the chances, and if it notices an abundancy, it will lower them.
Old 07/06/2005, 01:24   #5

Sorry Cry, but imho the thing with counting the socket items online is kinda bull too. Sure, i heared about that rumor too, but there are several points against is.
It would just cost too much time and CPU usage if the server ad to check all online items, everytime soneone uses ArtisanWind and the theory of counting the socket items would also mean, that the chance for getting a socket undquiet high on a new server. But i never heared of much tc sockets after a new server was brought up. And in there end is much easier to use a silple randomizer with a fixed chance, than changing it every second. Too much programming work for allmost no effect.

I still think all ArtisanWind depents completly on your luck, equal what time you use it. Also don't belive in that 50% chance thing.
Old 07/06/2005, 08:01   #6

Well it could be based on how many items recieved a socket from the guy. not that hard.
When $socketed
$x++
WEnd
If $x > 255 Then
$chance-1
ElseIf &#036;x < 150
&#036;chance+1
Old 07/06/2005, 19:35   #7

I agree with Djinn... it doesn't make sense that they would add the extra logic limiting based on other sockets either online or how many were already made

yes we see from your nice elemantary illustration of pseudo code that it's not a hard algorithm to write, but that's just as plausible as

if (trade_window.open && time <= maint + 5 mins)
{
give_socket();
}

lol.

It's probably something more like this:

person puts a met in with the item, pick a number between 1 and 1000 right now, (not predetermined), now pick another number between 1 and 1000, do they match? if so, get a socket.... if not... well don't.

lol wait, that's not pseudo code you wrote, it's BASIC. nice. (been a long time, I'm feeling slow today)