Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 12:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Private Server Manifesto

Discussion on Private Server Manifesto within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 05/19/2009, 11:34   #16

elite*gold: 0
I dunno, for now public is probably fine; but once we start discussing ideas for the server and such, its probably better in private so that people don't steal our ideas.
Old 05/19/2009, 16:36   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastoli View Post
I dunno, for now public is probably fine; but once we start discussing ideas for the server and such, its probably better in private so that people don't steal our ideas.
lolz 1st we need a source coders and host than you can think about what is on the server.

so when this project will have STAFF than we/you can think about what should be public/private.
Old 05/19/2009, 23:13   #18

The first step is picking the best source available. Idk which one is the best.

Ideally it should have all the newer features available so we can implement them if need be.
Old 05/20/2009, 00:29   #19

well, if you guys r gonna make a private server or something. please just don't make the lvling exp f**king easy. i played on a private server i was 2nd reborn full +12 with all super items and sockets.
Old 05/20/2009, 00:45   #20

elite*gold: 20
Let me clarify here,

I will not release a source code. I will only release compiled versions of the server I'm working on. Nobody that knows how to work the new encryption or their packets will release how to update old sources to 5018+.

-andy
Old 05/20/2009, 06:48   #21

IMO we should start with a source that was Pre-Gourds, None of this tower or fan ****. Thats when the game got ****, as for leveling I never liked having to spend 60+ hours on a character just to get the 130>130>137 quests, events & 5x or so xp gain would speed things along. Leveling is such a little part of what counquer is compaired to other games.
Old 05/20/2009, 17:34   #22

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Il join in, if im wanted
Old 05/20/2009, 21:33   #23

can u code?: ) coz i would join myself but i cant code (if the project will start)
Old 05/20/2009, 21:36   #24

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by .bmg View Post
can u code?: ) coz i would join myself but i cant code (if the project will start)
Nah only basic PHP and SQL, but i probbly wude be a good GH xD
Old 05/20/2009, 23:05   #25

TQ are on that path for last 3?4? years... and as long as there is peoples who wants to use the pserver as a money resource there will always be fights and more...
Old 05/21/2009, 07:38   #26

Did anyone see this latest patch? LOL TQ is completely ******** CO. Just confirming the fate of their game.

It is up to us to save it.

In case you don't know- I'm not leading this project. I'm just proposing some [evolving] standards that will lead to a good experience on private servers, with happy players and happy developers. If a lot of people come together, agree with these standards, and work together, it will benefit the entire community.

So you need to spread the word.

If you play on a private server currently, please tell your GM/PM/founder about this thread, ask him to participate in this thread, to show some interest. Look for people on the forum who can code, or who are proficient in other ways. Or even unskilled people with passion, promote the discussion to them.

If all goes well, Andy will be able to contribute his site/domain to discuss this.

Even if he cannot, we will get a site together, where people can network and make it happen.

Promote this idea if you can.

I am willing to be naive in my optimism.
Old 05/21/2009, 10:38   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.E View Post
TQ are on that path for last 3?4? years... and as long as there is peoples who wants to use the pserver as a money resource there will always be fights and more...
on what path u stupid noob? cant u read with understanding?
Old 05/21/2009, 11:38   #28

Now all we need are some coders and people to play :P
Old 05/21/2009, 12:53   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxation View Post
CO is going to shit with every patch. Mounts will just make it worse.

-Now is a better time than ever to get people to leave CO and go to private servers. Servers where CO is meant to be played the right way, instead of the DB way.

-The problem is we have 100 different private servers with so many people working on them, basically doing nothing new or different. In addition, people often fight, give up, become busy, get bored and the server and the work disappears.

-Why not unite, combine and make a small set of awesome private servers? Communicate and cooperate with each other, focus on merging projects, streamlining work, reusing code.

-The end result will be so much better. More stability, bigger community, more money, better quality.
i dont like how you said nothing new or different a whole bunch of people have new and different things in their server...

and this is what i laugh at the bottom part
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxation View Post
-The end result will be so much better. More stability, bigger community, more money, better quality.
if you didnt see MORE money....this will be just like TQ, your planning to charge people

Free To Play

Pay To Win

...I'm sorry to say this but if your going to charge people i dont think many will work with you...seems like you just want or need money
Old 05/21/2009, 14:19   #30

I'd have to agree with pete ninja. I'm also looking for a team to join (my skillz are in graphics), but wouldn't lend my support to a team that would charge money. The talismans, mounts and gourds were/are not your problem, the bulkers who could afford these things are. i've got a fair amount of work done on the client/server, a new class with more coming, some new items (and not items like everyone else has). My problem is that im new to coding, and by the time i get the coding aspect to the point where i am fluent with it, well, it'll be a while obviously. Something to keep in mind tho, is that removing the bulker as the main antagonist wont stop the problem fully. Then it will be up to who is grinding most, and that will pave the way for botters. So not only does it need to be free to play but it needs to have bot control either available to all, or locked down so that none can use it successfully. At the very least it will need active gm's and pm's with a good IP ban system, if you choose to ban botters. I'll watch the thread and see how this all develops, other than the money thing, we're almost on exactly the same page.