Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 21:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

For all the ASM masters out there!

Discussion on For all the ASM masters out there! within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
For all the ASM masters out there!

Ok so I want to learn how to reverse engine game clients such as the conquerclient, eudemonsclient and others. I have some questions
Also I have never ever even tried to disassemble anything before so yea basicly I'm totaly new but I am a fast learner and I won't give up till I learn how to

1. What programs do I use to disassemble these clients? Do I have to use different programs and methods? And if so then could you explain why that is (what's the difference).

2. When you have disassembled the client will you be able to read it in hex? (easiest for me).

That is all I want to know for now.
I wanna get started with this and I wanna learn how to reverse engine, my goal is to figure out how the client interacts with the server and what it sends and receives.

Any tips would be great ty!
What I want this to lead to for me is to fix my proxy that is in C#, I can program but I don't know **** about cryptographys or disassembling and understanding what I see. But since I have never tried before it makes sense that I don't understand it lol.
Old 12/07/2008, 05:26   #2

elite*gold: 0
To disassemble the client - use OllyDBG, (Ollydbg.de).
Does it show it in Hex? Yes and no. It's ASM, but to find error messages and whatnot, you convert error number messages into hex to get the memory address of the location.

Look at tanelipes thread about modifying conquer's client, it's a pretty good tut.

« Tab | AutoHunt? »