Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 12:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Off Topic]Google Crome =P

Discussion on [Off Topic]Google Crome =P within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/30/2008, 19:50   #16

elite*gold: 146
Received Thanks: 9,968
I'll stay at Firefox!
Btw this should go to the Off-Topic Section.
Old 09/30/2008, 20:40   #17

elite*gold: 0
So I'm guessing you guys weren't aware of one of Chrome's earliest flaws then...

In Chromes EULA (End User Licencing Agreement) google initially had a clause stating that anything you did within it's browser, which including what you typed, documents you opened, websites you visted etc may be recorded and redistributed for the sake of information diversity.

So basically, you type 'Bondage ****' into its search engine eithin Chrome, and your IP and search terms are logged to various files.

I think they changed it about 2 days after release cause of complaints - but seriously, just watch what you do in it - IMO ur better off making your own basic browser and writing down favourite websites in a notebook
Old 09/30/2008, 21:50   #18

elite*gold: 20
I always thought google supported firefox... but meh... as stated before... im firefox forever
Old 10/01/2008, 01:48   #19

Yeah, Firefox ftw.
Old 10/01/2008, 04:34   #20

Received Thanks: 2,525
if google can provide better and faster service, i dont care if it log or keep my history
just like i require people to attach a debug screenshot in order for me to solve problems
i know some of u just either lazy to do so, or scare to post a screenshot (for whatever reasons)
but guess what, the more information u provide, the faster and more accurate i can solve the case for u. its not going to help me at all, if someone scream "ITS NOT WORKING, HOW CAN I FIX THIS!?"
Old 10/01/2008, 05:00   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by :InTeX: View Post
So I'm guessing you guys weren't aware of one of Chrome's earliest flaws then...

In Chromes EULA (End User Licencing Agreement) google initially had a clause stating that anything you did within it's browser, which including what you typed, documents you opened, websites you visted etc may be recorded and redistributed for the sake of information diversity.

So basically, you type 'Bondage ****' into its search engine eithin Chrome, and your IP and search terms are logged to various files.

I think they changed it about 2 days after release cause of complaints - but seriously, just watch what you do in it - IMO ur better off making your own basic browser and writing down favourite websites in a notebook
It's not like the feds don't check that **** themselves anyways. Google only did it for their search engine, not just an invasion of privacy. It's not like google just looks at what sites you go to, and say, OH WOW LOOK AT THIS FAGGG HE JUST SEARCHED FOR GAY **** CREAMPIE WHAT A FREAK or something. They could care less.
Old 10/06/2008, 13:19   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
How does google figure out guesses to sites and search terms? It sends what you type to their servers and it most likely sends what you pick so it "learns" what to guess.
no I was talking about the 'Incognito mode'

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanxxxm View Post
maisum@
really less cpu usage?
i dont know, but on my laptop (P4 2.8Ghz 512ram), few tabs in chrome is still ok, but when i open up like 2 tabs with flash and if i add anymore, it eats up all my ram (250mb+)and lag so badly while i dont have trouble doing so with firefox (~150mb)
and if u are talking about a standard desktop with 1gb+ of rams and a basic cpu like dual core, website browser is not a problem as i tried with opening 50+ new browser (not tab) and no lag at all (test with playing CO)

other than Chrome open slightly faster when i double click the icon
and the interface, i dont care/like the rest features
PS* really hate the auto download features, it always starts to download random stuff when i browse chinese websites and forums
Well its 1 gig with a Pentium 4 lol...my computer runs pretty good with it
But yeah Firefox with addons is better
Old 10/06/2008, 21:09   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanxxxm View Post
if google can provide better and faster service, i dont care if it log or keep my history
just like i require people to attach a debug screenshot in order for me to solve problems
i know some of u just either lazy to do so, or scare to post a screenshot (for whatever reasons)
but guess what, the more information u provide, the faster and more accurate i can solve the case for u. its not going to help me at all, if someone scream "ITS NOT WORKING, HOW CAN I FIX THIS!?"
Error Reporting seemed to work just fine for MS - most apps have a log file with errors, no need to rummage around in what you were last doing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force.Of.Spite View Post
It's not like the feds don't check that shit themselves anyways. Google only did it for their search engine, not just an invasion of privacy. It's not like google just looks at what sites you go to, and say, OH WOW LOOK AT THIS FAGGG HE JUST SEARCHED FOR GAY ANAL CREAMPIE WHAT A FREAK or something. They could care less.
o.O Not so much what ur searchin for, but imagine if you were writing a personal email to your queer lover and nobody knew about it - then all of a sudden.. 'oh shit, like how did everyone find out about us' Musta been googles redistribution clause

Either way - they took it out now anyway cause of privacy laws or some shit so no need ta worry
Old 10/08/2008, 21:25   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmaster123 View Post
Dont use it!
google will know all u ever did on the web if u are on **** sites it will warp **** adds if u were on illegal sites the law will get u easy!
GooGle = Spy
Chrome = ephic Spy!
Full of spyware!

BigBrother is whatching u kinshi!
how old are you:S? 12?!

they cant do that because it is against the privacy law -.-
Old 10/08/2008, 23:09   #25

Received Thanks: 2,525
XxArcherMasterxX@
o, depends on the situation
thats why when u install programs (not only Chrome)
there is a agreement article u suppose to read (but most dont)
of course, if u select disagree, it wont let u install the program
and if u agree, u suppose to live with his/her rule

if Chrome didnt mention in the agreement, but he collect private data
then its against the law
but for now, since it is mention clearly in the agreement, Chrome can decide whether or not they collect. therefore, the reason they delete that statement is not because against the law, but the respect of mass users' suggestions/opinions