Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 02:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Drops determined by IP address?

Discussion on Drops determined by IP address? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 06/10/2008, 00:20   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hok30 View Post
I agree with your whole post. However, with certain calculations you can get pretty close to random.
Close enough to deceive humans, but someone knowing the algorithm can replicate the results using a computer, thus proving the number is not really random.

But various methods of fake 'random' generation methods are complex enough to completely fool people, making them beleive the number is random.
Old 06/10/2008, 04:00   #17

LMAO... i say SV has more luck than me, i got a couple supers with SV, that was when cracked version are still released. I also got a couple from BJX(i love it). Elites from venom.

Personally i only got ONE super warrior helm. that was 3months ago i think.
I played 4 years, made many sockets, but as far as hunting luck goes.. i feel so screwed.

EDIT:

i totally forgot about commenting on the topic. I personally agree that a IP based calculation is possible but not reasonable. It's just a waste of system resource on the server side. Most private server has different drop rates? why cuz drop rates can be set. Guess what, why do they call it drop rate instead of luck rate? lol. If you logged onto a PS that claimed to have crazy drop rate, and they be using this IP - item drop theory, then no matter what they claim it's gona be useless if you are an unlucky person, lol.
SUmming up the above, it is simply a random for cheap item drops, while good item drops might be determined by kill counters (just an opinion, reasoning on my egyco socket logic page)
Old 06/10/2008, 04:24   #18

Itīs not random but itīs also not IP based. All chars once they are created get a "luck value number" and that number is given randomly. That number is your luck value, that cannot be changed, this is why some chars are luckyer than others.

This is not a mith nor theory, this was what an GM told me during the beta tests, when the plan was to make CO pay to play, before the db sales idea came up!
Old 06/10/2008, 04:28   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by satinho View Post
Itīs not random but itīs also not IP based. All chars once they are created get a "luck value number" and that number is given randomly. That number is your luck value, that cannot be changed, this is why some chars are luckyer than others.

This is not a mith nor theory, this was what an GM told me during the beta tests, when the plan was to make CO pay to play, before the db sales idea came up!
I kind of agree with you that there is some kind of latent luck thing. But having a GM to tell you that is a bit hard to believe. For my past experiences with GMs.. they are like idiots. just hired to work by the book kind, without much computer knowledge and stuffs. Maybe different GM?? lol
Old 06/10/2008, 18:09   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitboi View Post
Most private server has different drop rates? why cuz drop rates can be set. Guess what, why do they call it drop rate instead of luck rate? lol. If you logged onto a PS that claimed to have crazy drop rate, and they be using this IP - item drop theory, then no matter what they claim it's gona be useless if you are an unlucky person, lol.
An IP Drop rate could still be modified, by increasing the drop multiplier, for example instead of:
If 'Random' number = 15 Then
DropSuper
Endif

Do this:
If 'Random' number = 15 or 'Random' number = 16 Then
DropSuper
Endif
Old 06/10/2008, 19:46   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some-Guy View Post
An IP Drop rate could still be modified, by increasing the drop multiplier, for example instead of:
If 'Random' number = 15 Then
DropSuper
Endif

Do this:
If 'Random' number = 15 or 'Random' number = 16 Then
DropSuper
Endif
I was saying a IP related "random" number is unlikely to happen.

Eg.
//Ip related.
Luck_num = Number_generation function with IP as parameter
rest of the function...

compare with
//non client parameter based.
Luck_num = standard random number generation function
rest of the function...

which is more random and efficient? clearly the 2nd right?
Old 06/10/2008, 22:25   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitboi View Post
I was saying a IP related "random" number is unlikely to happen.

Eg.
//Ip related.
Luck_num = Number_generation function with IP as parameter
rest of the function...

compare with
//non client parameter based.
Luck_num = standard random number generation function
rest of the function...

which is more random and efficient? clearly the 2nd right?
Either can be just as random depending on the rest of the function, I like my previous idea of random numbers based on the ascii calues of certain characters within a name though

At the end of the day what is going to happen is for a number between 0 and 1 to be generated so that they can control the range of possible numbers by multiplying it.
Old 06/11/2008, 00:46   #23

@shitboi, during the betas all GMīs played the game in a active way. TQ did not exist and most of the GMīs right now are new and in it for the business. At that the time CO turned into a business, the PMīs even made a couple of strikes because they werenīt being payed in time. After the db buy thing came up, many GMs were gradualy replaced.

The luck variable thing, was an information i got from Banana he isnīt a part of TQ anymore but there is still one GM with this name on every server.

This random number influences the char alot, since back in the time when you could socket in TC with "luck" and mets, from all my 4 char at the time, one did 10 sockets with 1k mets, another did only 1 with the same amount.