Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 01:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

31.07.2011 13:45

Discussion on 31.07.2011 13:45 within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
31.07.2011 13:45

2nd time server TQ and site down what's happend?

Someone hack data base made bug with arena pkts they was over 20kk

Now cps? What mods will do? how players will pay for it?

Get you'r sugestions over here.
Old 07/31/2011, 13:50   #2

i got kicked off ALL time no funn for me
Old 07/31/2011, 13:52   #3

i baught all i needed from arena and monsters were dropping cps lmao
Old 07/31/2011, 13:56   #4

arena yes but cps no drop lol
Old 07/31/2011, 14:38   #5

Where have you gotten this information from? Can you quote a source please it needs verifying.

It seems to me that the sheer volume of connections being generated by the reckless clientless bots (upto 66 per user??) has simply lagged the servers to death. After a recent discussion with the help-desk, they informed me the down-time was the result of botting and they were working on a fix, however it could take some time. There was no mention of a database hack, although if this were the case, they certainly wouldn't have told me that.

I can think of at least 3 ways TQ could instantly stop these bots spamming miners in such volumes, let's hope TQ have the same ideas and get the game back to a reasonably stable state.

TQ:
Limit connections from the same IP on the same server.
Put a **** CAPCHA on the account creation page.
Use a client token verification and constantly change it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/31/2011, 15:50   #6

Source:
Quote:

Quote:
Attention Players,

Due to a technique error that just occurred, we have to shut down all the servers for a temporary maintenance. The team is now working on the issue, and we'll correct this problem as soon as possible! We will announce when the servers are brought back up.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble this issue may cause. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you!
Probably the pizza deliverer fell over the server's cables. Now the TQ team is angry they don't have pizza. So they will order new pizza before they gonna fix this "technique error".
Old 07/31/2011, 15:58   #7

"temporary maintenance"???? lol, as opposed to what? Permanent maintenance?
Old 07/31/2011, 15:59   #8

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
The auth server(s) are down, the game servers are up however, so i doubt its got anything to do with botting, TQ will just be saying that to cover the fact that they are being attacked by DDOS again which is what i believe is the case for the down time.
Old 07/31/2011, 16:10   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
The auth server(s) are down, the game servers are up however, so i doubt its got anything to do with botting, TQ will just be saying that to cover the fact that they are being attacked by DDOS again which is what i believe is the case for the down time.
I agree, this is the second time this happends(as i can remember). Each time they call it a 'technical error'. In my opinion, as simple IT'er, it's not possible that a error causes a auth server to be down. The website to be slow/down. It's not only for Co. It's whole TQ.

EDIT:
Quote:
CO's servers are experiencing some technical problems and have been brought down at the moment. The TQ team will be performing maintenance to fix this issue as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused! Your understanding will be highly appreciated!
TQ's favorite sentence:
Quote:
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused! Your understanding will be highly appreciated!
Old 07/31/2011, 16:40   #10

Being DDoSed certainly would explain the server lag and website slowness, but doesn't explain who would DDoS them or why.
Old 07/31/2011, 16:46   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Do you think the thousands of cogen/cofarmer clientless accounts botting could be related to the chronic lag spikes on most servers? As this seems to be the most recent addition to CO, I guess that in its self is a form of DDOS, anywho i haven't played in quite some time so i have no idea how long this has been ongoing :/
Old 07/31/2011, 17:35   #12

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogenx View Post
Do you think the thousands of cogen/cofarmer clientless accounts botting could be related to the chronic lag spikes on most servers? As this seems to be the most recent addition to CO, I guess that in its self is a form of DDOS, anywho i haven't played in quite some time so i have no idea how long this has been ongoing :/
Well of course as the number of clients increase the harder the server has to work, but i dont think thats the cause of this issue.

Also to answer the question of who, i would simply suggest anyone who either has had a bad run in with TQ, or wants to try to cut some form of deal with them for free gear, thats what happened the last time someone performed a DDOS against TQ.
Old 07/31/2011, 17:37   #13

hm...

1)
-this should be a trick of TQ :

Overlagging and disconnect all players , in this case the players try to log on about 2-3 times server get the login try , the bots will try many times when the player is away, TQ got them.

In this way they clear the botters from server.

2)
-1st time was a player idk the name now . DDoSing the EU servers
Royality_Eu, Storm, Pishu, ....

Maybe the guy come back . This should be a possible explication , and he hava a bigger Bot-net now from where he over spam the TQ servers .

3)
-Angry botter DDoS the server

Can be also a botter or Botters who/who's got ban or jail for botting , in my server are many kind of idiots who cant bot decently and safe ( 3-5 sellers with the same name like Mine , Min3 , M1ne should be a noob try to hide his ass <- cheap ban )

About TQ now =) and his comunity:

Also , i has few months of Cogen sub , the 20clientless one , but i never used more than 10 clientless =)
Old 07/31/2011, 18:40   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon17 View Post
hm...

1)
-this should be a trick of TQ :

Overlagging and disconnect all players , in this case the players try to log on about 2-3 times server get the login try , the bots will try many times when the player is away, TQ got them.
There are many simple ways to filter botters, for example 'certain spawning @1036 302 237' based on how it's done(lol) they can EASILY detect abnormal behavior, due to the amount this method is used in cogen/farmer this would likely catch hundreds of botters before they could patch/offline their bots.

TQ.