Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 21:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ALL READ THIS!!!! POLL FOR NEW PUBLIC SECTION!!

Discussion on ALL READ THIS!!!! POLL FOR NEW PUBLIC SECTION!! within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in this concept?? Would you want to participate??
Yes I am interested. 57 41.91%
Yes I am interested and I would like to participate. 72 52.94%
No I am not interested and I would not participate. 7 5.15%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04/30/2008, 23:21   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyoal View Post
Na, thats fine High, its just Im talking about releasing a full guide with open public source on making a speedhack or something else. If it is completely informal and if it requires the learner to specifically think for themselves in some parts then I would think it it to be OK.

What are your thoughts on this high, because if you want to be involved in informing and teaching, then you have rights into what rules are set etc.

Hiyoal
Well I think the rules are fine right now. Just the rule about no source code I think isn't needed. I think instead of making it a rule it should just be discouraged because really it should be up to the person releasing the guide if they want to include a source. Most people writing guides probably wouldn't anyway unless they want to give an example of the finished product. Which in a month the source will be patched anyways :P.
Old 04/30/2008, 23:22   #17

This Is A Great Idea Which Most People Should Fully Agree With
Old 04/30/2008, 23:59   #18

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by high6 View Post
Well I think the rules are fine right now. Just the rule about no source code I think isn't needed. I think instead of making it a rule it should just be discouraged because really it should be up to the person releasing the guide if they want to include a source. Most people writing guides probably wouldn't anyway unless they want to give an example of the finished product. Which in a month the source will be patched anyways :P.
O ok, Ill change it to specify discouragement, I was just thinking along the lines about "Speed-Hack in C# Programming Tutorial with Full Source".

I have to make this CRYSTAL CLEAR for everyone that this is a PUBLIC CONCEPT and it does not revolve around ME AT ALL!!! I dont make all the rules, I dont make all the guidelines, I am just here to give you all the opportunity of learning how to program with the help of some Adept -> Advanced coders. Please do not feel that I ALONE control the outcome of this project and I ALONE will not take suggestions, it involves other members aswell as myself.

^ added to first post

Hiyoal
Old 05/01/2008, 00:37   #19

it's will be agreat project in elite.
Old 05/01/2008, 02:52   #20

I would help- but I'm not proficient in any language yet. I'll be a learner
Sorry though- What languages are we going to be learning exactly.... Macro Languages, or more stable languages- that can be used for many more things. (Not to say that macro languages like AutoIt can't be used for a lot of things... Languages like VB6 and C# can be used for much more)
Old 05/01/2008, 08:27   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok30 View Post
I would help- but I'm not proficient in any language yet. I'll be a learner
Sorry though- What languages are we going to be learning exactly.... Macro Languages, or more stable languages- that can be used for many more things. (Not to say that macro languages like AutoIt can't be used for a lot of things... Languages like VB6 and C# can be used for much more)
They can only be used for much more if you know how to use it better than the other language.

Languages may/should range from:
  • AutoHotKey
  • AutoIt
  • Visual Basic 6
  • Visual Basic 2005-2008
  • Visual C# 2005-2008
  • Visual C++ 2005-2008
  • Reverse Engineering

Hiyoal
Old 05/01/2008, 11:35   #22

elite*gold: 111
If u decide to make it.... how long will it take till its up?
Old 05/01/2008, 12:39   #23

We are going to look at the status of how many people want to join and see if it is worth it. It is going to be up for 2 weeks.

The main reason we needed this poll was too seperate the leechers from the learners. We do want to teach coding, dont get me wrong...this was a poll for a new section and not just for the separation, its just we dont want spam like "Omg, I want to learn how to make a speedhack" and inside the thread is "I want full source code for a speedhack"

Hiyoal
Old 05/01/2008, 13:26   #24

Nice idea would like to see it come out someday
Old 05/01/2008, 14:38   #25

Received Thanks: 3,452
Just to reinforce the point, there will be no hacking secrets given away in this tutorial thread,
its just all about programming methodologies in various languages and their interoperability.

Not to mention technical support to those that are engaged in the sometimes arduous pursuit of making the whole bundle of sh#t come together

Correct me if I'm wrong hiyoal
Old 05/01/2008, 15:24   #26

Sounds like a good idea... but one that probably wont work.

There's already an epvp*coders section, tutorial sections etc, if people were keen enought to learn then surely they should be going there already? As you mentioned, EliteUniversity is dead, but why is that? Why not get some activity there and revive it? I think you need to be considering what mistakes were made last time and avoid doing it again - primarily, inviting people to learn and then not teaching them anything.

People will lose interest and very quickly. I wouldn't bother opening such forum until you atleast have something to put into it that will keep would-be learners occupied - some information, some examples and some tasks to try out themselves. You're also going to have to compensate for idiocy and start from the very basics, which won't be of interest to people with "some" knowledge or intermediate-advanced audience.

It's dissapointing to hear you call Visual [insert lang name] 2005 a language. "Learning Visual C++" is certainly not learning C++, it strays too far from standards, and it's too restrictive for beginners - that is, once they learn to use MSVC, they won't be able to make **** or face of any other compiler/IDE on any other platform.

Good luck trying anyway, but the poll is useless, whether people click yes or no isn't a reflection of whether they'll be bothered to try anything out. I'll write some tutorials myself if you can get some interest.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/01/2008, 18:33   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownone View Post
Sounds like a good idea... but one that probably wont work.

There's already an epvp*coders section, tutorial sections etc, if people were keen enought to learn then surely they should be going there already? As you mentioned, EliteUniversity is dead, but why is that? Why not get some activity there and revive it? I think you need to be considering what mistakes were made last time and avoid doing it again - primarily, inviting people to learn and then not teaching them anything.

People will lose interest and very quickly. I wouldn't bother opening such forum until you atleast have something to put into it that will keep would-be learners occupied - some information, some examples and some tasks to try out themselves. You're also going to have to compensate for idiocy and start from the very basics, which won't be of interest to people with "some" knowledge or intermediate-advanced audience.

It's dissapointing to hear you call Visual [insert lang name] 2005 a language. "Learning Visual C++" is certainly not learning C++, it strays too far from standards, and it's too restrictive for beginners - that is, once they learn to use MSVC, they won't be able to make **** or face of any other compiler/IDE on any other platform.

Good luck trying anyway, but the poll is useless, whether people click yes or no isn't a reflection of whether they'll be bothered to try anything out. I'll write some tutorials myself if you can get some interest.
OK, thanks for the feedback- but you just put EVERYONE down thats trying to put this together...
Old 05/02/2008, 00:15   #28

Im not even going to try and be smart with you Unknown because I know what you are capable of

All im going to say is that there are many german threads in the elitepvpers coding section, and it is very hard to find adept programmers who will help.
I wasn't actually thinking along the lines of reviving EliteUniversity because it is a whole new site on its own, and it would just be easier coming here. If you check this section regularly then it shouldnt be a problem getting to a new section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownone
You're also going to have to compensate for idiocy and start from the very basics, which won't be of interest to people with "some" knowledge or intermediate-advanced audience.
Maybe create 2 sub sections then?? 1 for newbie programming and the second for more advanced (in your case...Complete Noob ) coding. I can tell you that I am dedicated into helping the newbies out as best as I can, because since I have been at elitepvpers...I have had to teach myself most of the concepts I know. They include AutoIt and some C#...Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownone
It's dissapointing to hear you call Visual [insert lang name] 2005 a language. "Learning Visual C++" is certainly not learning C++, it strays too far from standards, and it's too restrictive for beginners - that is, once they learn to use MSVC, they won't be able to make arse or face of any other compiler/IDE on any other platform.
What would you call it then? Not being smart or anything...I just want to know. I have never really thought of it in any other sense rather than Visual [name] 2005...is 2008 different??

With the poll though (atm), it has separated many leechers from active users. I know you dont like this site at all because of leechers (correct me if im wrong, I have only heard what I have heard) but maybe making this section could be for a new generation of programmers (Ive made 2 guides for newbie programmers explaining some basic concepts used in AutoIt). Even hobbyist programmers like myself. I know I find it fun when I can just make a program from scratch.

Anyway, please let me know what you think...Your view on this is above all at this point (no offense to any others) because if you could write up some tutorials of any sort, then it would be a privilege.

Hiyoal
Old 05/02/2008, 02:35   #29

All of the AutoIt guides certantly helped me... I mean I was a leecher type programmer before- but after I read spoonieluv's guide, I really started to get into AutoIt. Hiyoal repeatiadly encouraged me, and thats were I am now- Making simple bots/macros like autotalkers... and MultiFunction tools.
Old 05/02/2008, 03:49   #30

count me in im studying programming
Closed Thread