Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 10:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question about botting/jailing.

Discussion on Question about botting/jailing. within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question about botting/jailing.

Background:
I'm definitely not a new botter, mainly doing it in CO for years. However, I don't get jailed often. This question isn't really CO independent, but also relates to EO. However, since CO's my main game, I thought i'd ask it here.

Situation:
Getting bored of CO atm, (and using Synsia's awesome autominer to roll in the cha-ching atm.) so i figured i'd go back to playing EO where i had a lvl ~100 warrior. I want to play with a friend i know from CO, but he's on a different server so i thought i'd start anew. Being the loyal epvper supporter I am, obviously there's one thing I resort to to get the stuff back in the new server.

Question (finally):
So here is what I was wondering. I haven't been bot jailed enough to test this but.

1) Is getting jailed, limited to the character? or does it affect the account?
- in other words, if i get bot jailed, delete and restart a character, would it still be jailed?

2) Is it server specific?
- in other words, if i get bot jailed in 1 server under the same user, would it affect the character in another server?

3) Is it game specific?
- meaning, if I get botjailed in EO, would it affect me in CO?

4) Chances of getting completely banned?

lol, 1-3 are kind of redundant as they sort of answer each other, tho I am curious to seeing the answer. Yeah, i know, easiest way to avoid any of this is just to create a new account for EO. Tho I'm still curious lol.

Thanks for reading my wall of text if you did. If not, well, meh
Old 06/30/2011, 01:31   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
1) Character only
2) Character only
3) Character only
4) Non existent. Most they would ever do is ban an account meaning you make a new one and you're good to go. They only ban in cases that are really annoying, aka item/money/exp hacks.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/30/2011, 08:11   #3

Thanks for the reply! =D
Old 06/30/2011, 17:38   #4

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
4, gota add something.

Massive mining bots, can give main a ban.
Old 07/19/2011, 18:16   #5

oh? what's considered massive. Atm, im still using Synsia's miner but I haven't been using a multi. figured id try like 10+ accounts tho when i get off my *** and plvl some accounts =o
Old 07/19/2011, 23:01   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
He mostly means the standalone bots that are running like 60 miners per person.

Any bot has a risk of getting your main character banned but again... it's only in serious hack cases or excessive botting where items are traveling to mains (again... mine botting with large numbers of characters).

Stay away from standalone bots. They are bad news cause every time tq changes something it's to detect those. Proxy/hook based bots have very, very low risk.

I tested my old proxy for weeks without any characters ever getting bot jailed and I was in visible areas and literally told people I was botting when they asked.
Thanks
1 User