Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 04:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Best Guides on the Planet. -.-

Discussion on Best Guides on the Planet. -.- within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 02/27/2008, 15:14   #16

elite*gold: 0
?
Hope it's safe to assume that everyone has a BT client by now
Old 02/27/2008, 15:33   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyPeas View Post
?
Hope it's safe to assume that everyone has a BT client by now
^.^ Thankyouuu, every time I try to download it the **** thing fails

*Info Tip*
If anyone wants this and has LimeWire: The newest version includes a seed collector/downloader
Old 02/27/2008, 17:45   #18

elite*gold: 20
I'd recommend VS8 or 9.. 6.0 is too outdated. At the very least 7.0 due to a lot of useful updates being added.
Old 02/28/2008, 12:49   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
I'd recommend VS8 or 9.. 6.0 is too outdated. At the very least 7.0 due to a lot of useful updates being added.
I tried out that VS2005 (whicever version it was) but everything was getting easier!!! The syntax's auto-complete funtion was bugging me and everything just seemed to make programmers lazy... *Considers going back to the original 'BASIC' *
Old 02/28/2008, 12:55   #20

Having it be easier is a good thing. I have plugins that help speed up programming. I do things that aren't on the scale of a small hack tool that has maybe 100 lines of code. I do things that are on the tens of thousands of lines. My last CO emulator before my rewrite had over 10k lines. The last game I worked on had around 200k lines of code. When you get into projects of that size you want it to be as fast and as easy as possible.
Old 02/28/2008, 12:59   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
Having it be easier is a good thing. I have plugins that help speed up programming. I do things that aren't on the scale of a small hack tool that has maybe 100 lines of code. I do things that are on the tens of thousands of lines. My last CO emulator before my rewrite had over 10k lines. The last game I worked on had around 200k lines of code. When you get into projects of that size you want it to be as fast and as easy as possible.
Unless, like me, you enjoy spending you evening hours making small projects lol. I've no reason to do things fast, I have loads of spare time right now Hence why im working through all the posts in the main section hehe. Just installed VB6.0, gonna try and re-write some of my old stuff and upload it
Old 02/28/2008, 13:10   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post
Unless, like me, you enjoy spending you evening hours making small projects lol. I've no reason to do things fast, I have loads of spare time right now Hence why im working through all the posts in the main section hehe. Just installed VB6.0, gonna try and re-write some of my old stuff and upload it
You could make higher quality programs if you spent more time on the concept and ideas than writing it all. If you enjoy taking hours to write something small that's your deal. I prefer to spend my hours more productive personally.
Old 02/28/2008, 14:04   #23

Taking your time to write stuff isn't a bad thing, it's actually a good thing if you're a hobbyist.
Writing code as fast as you can is only really useful if you do it for a living as it's just not much fun xD.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/28/2008, 14:10   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyPeas View Post
Taking your time to write stuff isn't a bad thing, it's actually a good thing if you're a hobbyist.
Writing code as fast as you can is only really useful if you do it for a living as it's just not much fun xD.
^.^ Not quite a hobbyist but i write the code for fun De-bugging is the best bit
Old 02/28/2008, 19:12   #25

Coding is fun. Yes. Coding slowly isn't so great. Why opt to code slowly when you could code faster and better? As for it being a hobby, everything I do is for hobby's sake. I would rather put out higher quality code at a faster rate as putting out a small tool in a day's work is not appealing when there is so much more potential available and it's possible right in front of you. I used to code in VS6. It's where I started.. and the step up to VS7 was amazing. Same code in faster times so quality didn't decrease.. it just seems self punishing to step backwards and make yourself work harder to do the same thing in much more time.

I don't know.. That's just me, but then again I work on huge projects that can't afford to spend a day writing a single function.
Old 02/28/2008, 19:52   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanxxxm View Post
chicken talks to duck, doesnt make sense, why? because they are different species.

we use different language
we are in different coding levels
we have different goals in programming
we use different methods to make a program
we have different purpose to make a program
we are different people
so whats the point of arguing?
u guys are like attacking each other just in better "word choice"
totally out of topic, please calm ur spirit and keep ur cool
Actually, a lot is the same. Different language yes, but same goal and purpose. I'm just trying to understand the point in moving backwards in versions. I'm probably being a little too up front with my opinions but I'm still curious :[ If anything, the newer VS versions cater to VB and C# more than C++ due to them being more of .NET than C++ is.
Old 02/28/2008, 21:08   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanxxxm View Post
chicken talks to duck, doesnt make sense, why? because they are different species.

we use different language
we are in different coding levels
we have different goals in programming
we use different methods to make a program
we have different purpose to make a program
we are different people
so whats the point of arguing?
u guys are like attacking each other just in better "word choice"
totally out of topic, please calm ur spirit and keep ur cool
It's called discussion.. not arguing.
Also.. your post doesn't make much sense / is irrelevant since we aren't talking about the difference between programming languages.
Old 03/02/2008, 12:32   #28

Account creation URL doesent works o.0 ! Gimmy a new one
Old 03/02/2008, 20:09   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go;915606 I wanna be a mod dammt :mad: someone wanna tell me how I can do this? I help out with EVERY question I can, I reply to PMs about completely random and stupid ****. I'm rarely rude to other members and I've been helpng out here for over 2 years now. :( Grrrrr :cool:[/COLOR
[/LEFT]

Love y'all, hope you find these usefull.

lmao same thing happened to me
Was talking to DM like every day over the summer and was almost a mod, but then I went on holiday and never got to be mod