Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 02:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What's the thread that changes [Conqer 2.0] default name in taskbar?

Discussion on What's the thread that changes [Conqer 2.0] default name in taskbar? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What's the thread that changes [Conqer 2.0] default name in taskbar?

erm.. if i'm not mistaken, i remember there was a thread that teaches how to change conquer's process name (the Conquer 2.0 name we see in Task Manager and also what is shown in the taskbar). It shows how to change the name to any name you want. I'll be using this on clients versions around 5095.

so.., does anyone know where it is..? Any idea of what the thread title would be?
I tried search but couldn't think of a more matching keyword.
Old 04/15/2011, 22:44   #2

I`m not sure but ResHacker can do it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/15/2011, 23:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasLT View Post
I`m not sure but ResHacker can do it.
thanks. I'll look in to it.
Old 04/16/2011, 13:30   #4

You can change it from the main conquer folder/ini/strres.ini.

Search for the current name of the window as text, change it, and save the changes.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/20/2011, 04:14   #5

Well, that works.
But does it change its process name too?

What i want to do is to change the client i downloaded to work with bots that work only with official CO client.
So, to make bots work with this edited client i downloaded, i have to change its process name back to the original name, right?
Old 04/21/2011, 00:49   #6

What bots do u want to use with edited client. U wanna use it in private server ?
Old 04/21/2011, 17:11   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmonFrey View Post
Well, that works.
But does it change its process name too?

What i want to do is to change the client i downloaded to work with bots that work only with official CO client.
So, to make bots work with this edited client i downloaded, i have to change its process name back to the original name, right?
No, it shouldn't change the process name. Only renaming the main executable does that. It will only change the window name.