Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 23:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Strange whispers about hinhem.scrv

Discussion on Strange whispers about hinhem.scrv within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Strange whispers about hinhem.scrv

Hey all,

I've been wondering if anyone else has gotten strange whispers on CO containing something like "C:\WINDOWS\hinhem.scrv".
Would this mean someone is infected with this virus, or perhaps they are looking for others that have been infected, since they where whispers from people I don't know.
I have gotten 2 such whispers so far from 2 different random people.
Old 11/29/2007, 20:32   #2

Received Thanks: 1,960
#Moved!
Old 11/30/2007, 09:20   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyPeas View Post
Hey all,

I've been wondering if anyone else has gotten strange whispers on CO containing something like "C:WINDOWShinhem.scrv".
Would this mean someone is infected with this virus, or perhaps they are looking for others that have been infected, since they where whispers from people I don't know.
I have gotten 2 such whispers so far from 2 different random people.
Hinhem.scr u mean I suposse.
Its a virus who sends itself by messenger accounts like yahoo, msn... Are u sure whispers are in conquer client? Maybe that virus thinking is yahoo and trying to send the file by co...
Old 11/30/2007, 14:39   #4

I've seen them a few times.. both in whispers and normal talk..

I just ignore them, and check if my antivirus sw has an update..
Old 11/30/2007, 14:44   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1blaster View Post
#Moved!
Sry.. where'd I post it? :/ was supposed to be in this section in the first place lol

And yea.. I was just wondering if anyone knew what it was about, just seems quite weird..
The whispers said .scrv btw, not .scr

Ahwell don't think any harm can come from it since it's other people whispering me, not the other way around.

Maybe tq ripped some code off another chat client when they implemented the whisper windows and in turn makes the virus believe co is a chat client
Old 11/30/2007, 16:27   #6

Received Thanks: 1,960
I think it was hacks/tools section.
Was in the topic queue.
I don't move many posted questions in release sections, mostly just delete them.
But I was curious myself.
Old 11/30/2007, 16:41   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1blaster View Post
I think it was hacks/tools section.
Was in the topic queue.
I don't move many posted questions in release sections, mostly just delete them.
But I was curious myself.
You sure know how to make a guy feel special ty for moving it
Old 11/30/2007, 21:24   #8

elite*gold: 20
My guess is it goes hand in hand with the prior glitch allowing people to open up websites from other clients.. maybe it was in attempt to run a screen saver on your computer using the same method? I'd assume TQ used a ShellExecute or similar function to open websites so it would technically open a file if called right.