Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 01:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] Autopatch server explained

Discussion on [Guide] Autopatch server explained within the CO2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 09/12/2008, 01:16   #46

elite*gold: 0
ok i dont really under stand but heres an example hopefully u can help me out, my client is at patch 0 and patch 2 has been release wat would the code in the autopatchserv.cs coding be? (just to show how it updates and stuff to help me out)
Old 09/12/2008, 13:47   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourworstnightmare View Post
ok i dont really under stand but heres an example hopefully u can help me out, my client is at patch 0 and patch 2 has been release wat would the code in the autopatchserv.cs coding be? (just to show how it updates and stuff to help me out)
That's really the point of my .cs file I uncluded, it already shows how to do such things, nothing more I really think I can add to make it more clear.
Old 09/12/2008, 23:23   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyPeas View Post
That's really the point of my .cs file I uncluded, it already shows how to do such things, nothing more I really think I can add to make it more clear.

Client: 5056
Server: UPDATE 64.151.87.40 enzf/5057.exe

If he's not up to date you send back "UPDATE 64.151.87.40 enzf/5057.exe" which consist of:
- The Red part is the text "UPDATE".
- The Green part is the IP address of the server where you host your updates / patches, so this is NOT the same as your autopatch server IP unless you also host the actual patch files on that machine.
- The Blue part is the folder and file name of the update / patch.

its only says

const string clientVer = "0";
string msgUpdate = "UPDATE";
string msgReady = "READY";
string msgIP = "127.0.0.1";
string msgLocation = "/updates/1.exe";

wat would that section look like if i was at patch 0 and needed to get to like say patch 3?
Old 09/13/2008, 00:09   #49

mm yeah I'd go for a video guide
Old 09/13/2008, 01:04   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKillBabies View Post
mm yeah I'd go for a video guide
ya but thing is does he want to take the time just so he can show some noobs like us xD
Old 09/13/2008, 13:15   #51

my ftp server still wont communicate with the conquer client
Old 09/13/2008, 14:13   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechocto View Post
my ftp server still wont communicate with the conquer client
I'm really not sure what's causing that, are you sure it's not getting blocked by anything?
Have you tried a different (remote) ftp server too?
Plus as I mentioned a few posts before, have you tried using one of the original conquer patch files?
It might not download files that aren't named "properly" aka, it might only work with <number>.exe and <number> - <number>.exe like 5063.exe for example.

Let me know if you find out what's causing it.
Old 09/14/2008, 13:39   #53

well my ftp server logs connections, and it's not even attempting to log on, but i've had people manually download my patches from my ftp server just fine.... so I dunno what's up
Old 09/15/2008, 02:05   #54

Thumbs up Very nice thanks

Quote:
MushyPeas
Very Very Nice

doing very well

Thanks Thanks Thanks

Old 11/19/2008, 12:58   #55

Oh ty i was need this love ya
Old 01/22/2009, 02:53   #56