Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer on linux

Discussion on Conquer on linux within the CO2 Exploits, Hacks & Tools forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Conquer on linux

Done with wine 0.9.50
Requirements:
pristine install of conquer (from windows and never ran, blank game settings)
mfc42.dll (version found in Win XP SP2 4602907535fd682195dfff9117365826)
msvcp60.dll (1f57eb5b92b2ac7f9d71a77d184d8c13 or 6050bcc1b23f3df7a1876cbdcbac8232)
quartz.dll (version found in Win XP SP2)
simsun.ttf (from microsoft word or chinese language pack for it)
arial.ttf
cour.ttf (cour.ttf and arial.ttf from most windows installs I think)
animated cursor patches ()
custom game settings (found in /ini of conquer directory can move the gui buttons and text to proper locations, everything is editable heck my class name is Supreme Overlord)

The .dll go into .wine/drive_c/windows/system
The .ttf go into .wine/drive_c/windows/fonts

run winecfg and add msvcp60.dll , mfc42.dll , and quartz.dll to libraries and mark them as native.

run regedit then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersio n/Fonts
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Fonts
Add the fonts to the registry in those locations (Ex. right click and choose string enter Courier New then for its value put cour.ttf) Oh and simsun.ttf for its string name there is a space "Sim Sun"

After everything is setup you cd to the Conquer directory and run /home/user/customwine/lib/wine play.exe and it should work or run autopatch until it is fully updated, repeat as neccessary. You have to hold alt to login to the game and the user/pass is underneath where it should be (). The game will lag slightly from error message output, you should disable wine fixme messages through which ever method you prefer.

tips- game may crash if certain special effects happen so I disable them (more info on that later). Don't change resolution else your settings might be trashed permanently (no clue why??). You have to use a 1024x768 virtual desktop, else your system might halt and die.

If there are any questions/opinions or volunteering of help with the /ini settings or info about dinput.dll possibly fixing the unicode problem with having to hold alt to enter login info I would be very grateful.

ps- also working on custom gui theme for the game perhaps an ubuntu or tux theme with really eyecandy quality graphics
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/01/2008, 18:45   #2

Have to say I am likeing this already.
Have bring up a new linux box though.
Maybe in the weekend I will test it.
Are you sure you did it in wine. I have cedega, maybe I will test with it also

Still have to reinstall a linux box.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/01/2008, 20:08   #3

Whats the different with Windows and Linux?
Old 04/01/2008, 21:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmeric View Post
Whats the different with Windows and Linux?
LOL

Its just a different operating system.

Some linux ->
Windows doesn't need any links i guess
Old 04/02/2008, 00:39   #5

Linux is well much then then Windowz in every way possbile the only reason i dont use Linux is b/c i dont know how make exe game windows games play on Linux, Linux has way more stuff u can play with in it and it has most stuff u have to buy to put in windows in it already ready but there way different and better.
Old 04/02/2008, 00:46   #6

will i suggest you google that or just go to
Old 04/07/2008, 07:33   #7

elite*gold: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerro View Post
Done with wine 0.9.50
Requirements:
pristine install of conquer (from windows and never ran, blank game settings)
mfc42.dll (version found in Win XP SP2 4602907535fd682195dfff9117365826)
msvcp60.dll (1f57eb5b92b2ac7f9d71a77d184d8c13 or 6050bcc1b23f3df7a1876cbdcbac8232)
quartz.dll (version found in Win XP SP2)
simsun.ttf (from microsoft word or chinese language pack for it)
arial.ttf
cour.ttf (cour.ttf and arial.ttf from most windows installs I think)
animated cursor patches ()
custom game settings (found in /ini of conquer directory can move the gui buttons and text to proper locations, everything is editable heck my class name is Supreme Overlord)

The .dll go into .wine/drive_c/windows/system
The .ttf go into .wine/drive_c/windows/fonts

run winecfg and add msvcp60.dll , mfc42.dll , and quartz.dll to libraries and mark them as native.

run regedit then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersio n/Fonts
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Fonts
Add the fonts to the registry in those locations (Ex. right click and choose string enter Courier New then for its value put cour.ttf) Oh and simsun.ttf for its string name there is a space "Sim Sun"

After everything is setup you cd to the Conquer directory and run /home/user/customwine/lib/wine play.exe and it should work or run autopatch until it is fully updated, repeat as neccessary. You have to hold alt to login to the game and the user/pass is underneath where it should be (). The game will lag slightly from error message output, you should disable wine fixme messages through which ever method you prefer.

tips- game may crash if certain special effects happen so I disable them (more info on that later). Don't change resolution else your settings might be trashed permanently (no clue why??). You have to use a 1024x768 virtual desktop, else your system might halt and die.

If there are any questions/opinions or volunteering of help with the /ini settings or info about dinput.dll possibly fixing the unicode problem with having to hold alt to enter login info I would be very grateful.

ps- also working on custom gui theme for the game perhaps an ubuntu or tux theme with really eyecandy quality graphics

yeah.... good job on taking the info from Wine HQ without crediting. Anyways, this does work. But your allignment will be off. Also, you will need to use the git wine, or else your cursor will not show up....

shame on you

btw, proof to show i'm not just trying to cause drama..

Back on aug 07 somebody named KITSUNEPAWS suggested simsun.ttf was needed to make the game work... and somehow.. you also figured this out... along with all the other tricks listed there.....

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/07/2008, 11:31   #8

too bad linux is a peice of sheit. But well done, gratz
Old 04/07/2008, 13:45   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuDvAyNe View Post
too bad linux is a peice of sheit. But well done, gratz
Obviously you know nothing about Linux.
If you know anything about Linux you will know it is way better that Windows.

The bad thing is game developers don't invest much in it.
Old 04/08/2008, 03:44   #10

First of all, dont start a freakin OS war please, he posted something to help the people who use any distro, if you dont have anything decent to say without putting something down, then stfu, windows and linux both have their advantages. But thats not what this thread is about, now shush.
Old 04/08/2008, 04:47   #11

elite*gold: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by evulhotdog View Post
First of all, dont start a freakin OS war please, he posted something to help the people who use any distro, if you dont have anything decent to say without putting something down, then stfu, windows and linux both have their advantages. But thats not what this thread is about, now shush.
Well said.