Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Cabal Online
You last visited: Today at 17:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Swapping/removing buff efects

Discussion on Swapping/removing buff efects within the Cabal Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Swapping/removing buff efects

Here is what I'd like to do:

1) swap lightning blade buff default effect with the bm1 one SOLVED
2) swap fire blade buff default effect with the one from FS's mortal bane SOLVED
3) swap ice blade buff default effect with blade aura's 'blueish' kind of thing SOLVED
4) delete those yellow-like 'honeycombs' appearing around character using aura barrier (if possible get rid of these squares, but leave yellowish rays in place?) SOLVED
5) swap FS's crushing blade effect with FB's first blade enchant (not sure if it won't make some graphic glitches due to use of Sharpness buff? sharpness seems to share the same orb effect as CB ...) or to delete that effect SOLVED
6) delete wind movement effect SOLVED

Well, I'd need a list of what files I need to alter so any help is appreciated. Yes, you could point out I could fool-proof the files by myself but I don't feel like launching cabal 50 times in a row to figure it out (and not without a reason there is no definitive list guide yet? ;p) and I have only fb so it would be impossible for me to check everything on my own (possible glitches on sharpness etc).

help appreciated
Old 06/12/2009, 07:37   #2

If you want to change the looks of the buffs, you can read the guide here :

same thing, just use different files.
Experiment with them, and try finding other files there too, if what you need isn't here.
Quote:
Normal Magic:
magc_100.efx -- Magic Arrow
magc_101.efx -- Terra Arrow
magc_102.efx -- Aqua Arrow
magc_103.efx -- Wind Arrow
magc_104.efx -- Fire Arrow
magc_105.efx -- Freezing Arrow
magc_106.efx -- Lightning Arrow
magc_107.efx -- Magic Blast
magc_108.efx -- Stone Blast
magc_109.efx -- Aqua Blast
magc_110.efx -- Wind Blast
magc_111.efx -- Fire Blast
magc_112.efx -- Ice Blast
magc_113.efx -- Lightning Blast
magc_114.efx -- Magic Lance
magc_115.efx -- Terra Lance
magc_116.efx -- Aqua Lance
magc_117.efx -- Wind Lance
magc_118.efx -- Fire Lance
magc_119.efx -- Freezing Lance
magc_120.efx -- Lightning Lance
magc_121.efx -- Magic Cannon
magc_122.efx -- Stone Cannon
magc_123.efx -- Aqua Cannon
magc_124.efx -- Wind Cannon
magc_125.efx -- Fire Cannon
magc_126.efx -- Crystal Cannon
magc_127.efx -- Lightning Cannon

Wizard Magic:
magc_128.efx -- Burning Hand
magc_129.efx -- Freeze
magc_130.efx -- Dig Bomb
magc_131.efx -- Icicle Shower
magc_132.efx -- Wind Cutter
magc_133.efx -- Hydro Disc
magc_134.efx -- Lightning Strike
magc_135.efx -- Acid Trap
magc_136.efx -- Vaccuum
magc_137.efx -- Chain Explosion
magc_233.efx -- Energy Field
magc_138.efx -- Hailstorm
magc_139.efx -- Extreme Dual Cannon
magc_140.efx -- Artic Field
magc_141.efx -- WIZ Completer Skill

Force Archer Magic:
magc_148.efx -- Power Shot
magc_149.efx -- Critical Shot
magc_150.efx -- Explosion Shot
magc_151.efx -- Poison Arrow
magc_152.efx -- Shadow Shot
magc_153.efx -- Drilled Shot
magc_154.efx -- Prismatic Arrow
magc_155.efx -- Gravity Disortion
magc_156.efx -- FA Completer Skill

Force Shielder Magic:
magc_159.efx -- FS Magic GM skill

Warrior Skills:
skil_2h_051.efx -- Spiral Doom?
skil_2h_055.efx -- WA Completer Skill

Blader Skills:
skil_du_052.efx -- Blade Cry?
skil_du_056.efx -- Blade Scud?
skil_du_070.efx -- Vital Intefere

Force Blader Skills:
skil_1h_058.efx -- Force Blader Completer Skill

Force Shielder Skills:
skil_1h_057.efx -- Force Shielder Storm Rush

These are all the skills that i have found out yet...im not sure of the blader/force blader/force shielder/warrior skill names though...because im wizard myself and ive never played with those chars...post file names and skill names that YOU know to improve this list...i hope this helps...
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/12/2009, 11:03   #3

Yes, I have seen that list but unfortunately it doesn't list any buff what means I will have to check everything on my own and that's why it's gonna take ages I reckon some people were simply swapping FB buff effects with bm1 effects and could help me out at least on this one.

I don't expect someone to do this for me but I believe some people were changing these files and could help me out by at least reducing my testing workload.
Old 06/12/2009, 14:36   #4

Well, you know that nobody sees your changes for that, right... ?
Old 06/12/2009, 17:12   #5

It doesn't change the fact that it changes all animations and being client-sided has nothing to do with replacing entire effect. Anyway, since none seems to care I'm on my own then.

Btw, uncle Google has been very generous today ... I guess I had bad luck with search keywords yesterday.

This guide helps a bit even if not everything is listed -

and precisely that part:
Code:
[B]Credits to gaiaxle[/B]

Quote:
Nocturne:
yes there is a way to change the buffs
the only ones i have experimented with are the sword buffs
they are in the efx>magic folder and are the enchant_xx ones
00=blade force*
01=earth guard with efx
02=aqua vit with efx
03=wind movement
04=fire blade
05=ice blade
06=lightning blade
*=not tested
the enchant_0x-1 is the normal one
the enchant 0x-2 is the one that appears in a force bladers battle mode one
not sure what the 0x-3 is
the 0x-on is the casting animation

ill give an example:
if you want to take fire blade and replace it with lightning blade from batle mode 1
you would replace enchant_04-1 with enchant_06-2
and to make it cast like lightning blade just replace the enchant_04-on with enchant_06-on
then your fire blade will look like lightning blade in battle mode 1

this is actually what i was asking for earlier, but i figured it out on my own ^^
Old 06/12/2009, 23:27   #6

well, i only can say congratulations... :P
Old 06/13/2009, 12:39   #7

Well, I noticed something weird ... I found sword buffs, 1h version for fb/fs/dual bl and 2h version for warriors for buffs such as blade force, blade aura and soul blade. Thing is, buff corresponding to soul blade for blader, when deleted, swapped or changed, doesn't affect anything ... weird, I must say. Next interesting find is sword buff 215, which looks exactly like FS's Might Wish used to look over korean beta (refer to youtube movies by Angel) ... it's good cause they didn't delete the graphic files, cause it looks kewl. I'm yet to find mortal bane and some other things ... I didn't start mixing effects yet but I think it's very possible to make some interesting buffs by trial and error.

EDIT: Looks like I've missed something that I was looking for. Files are in the place, must have missed them.
Old 06/13/2009, 13:03   #8

Yeah, i noticed something, they haven't deleted the Red Mithril Bow/Shield either. and that looks awesome.
Old 06/13/2009, 15:37   #9

Here are some of things I have noted for my personal use, I didn't note them all (opening up cabal 20+ times in a row was stupid enough).

Thrusting arrow effect - mbuff_keep__272
execration target effect - mbuff_keep__261
field of execration target effect - mbuff_keep__271
crushing blade orb effect - mbuff_keep__248
shield harden effect - mbuff_keep__250
mortal bane effect - mbuff_keep__251

hron light sword buff effect (former Might Wish) ... cool enough, you can assign to it to blader and warrior without any file editing, just swapping

sbuff_keep1h215 FB/FS
sbuff_keep2h215 WA
sbuff_keepdu215 BL

blade force (following the same class pattern)

sbuff_keep1h200
sbuff_keep2h200
sbuff_keepdu200

blade aura (following the same class pattern)

sbuff_keep1h201
sbuff_keep2h201
sbuff_keepdu201

soul blade (following the same class pattern)

sbuff_keep1h202
sbuff_keep2h202
sbuff_keepdu202

plus, force blader sword and body buffs quoted before

Well, now I will try mixing the files ... erasing graphic file entries crashed cabal so I guess I've either broken syntax by doing so or should have deleted entire sections (even if I have no ****ing idea what these '@&&RRTR&RGF(G&' letters mean)

PS. If these Korean ****** had brain they would sell red mithril reskins in shop
Old 06/13/2009, 20:35   #10

hey, wuts up with the koreans (we don't allow any racism) , and i personally have my respect for koreans. not as much as my people, americans, but a bit less. anyway, they're cool.
and ESTsoft is controlling the "item shop" in EU, so basically they have no brains, how you expressed it.
Old 06/14/2009, 18:19   #11

Well I guess there is tad difference between racism and stating a fact, even if in impolite manner. I have respect for other cultures just as you do =) As far as I know licensed cabal markets can choose what to put in the shop on their own, they only have to keep to original prices and make item rotation (both are forced by estsoft, but what they put in rotation and how often rotate is up to them). Well, if you look around files you will notice a lot of different stuff that never entered original game and that's sort of strange, because with original install you get many files never used by the game. It's like having the installer with all files from Korean betas, sort of funny. I wonder if these Korean devs have actually checked if swapping some files won't lead to abuse from the player side ... I mean, if you can make your combo to break all the time by swapping skills then you could as well speed up the animations ... I have a feeling if one digged in the files enough he would create 'legal' undetectable by system cheat ...

@topic

I've edited files a bit here and there and looks like cabal will crash every single time, either on start up or when loading a changed animation. Well, I was sticking to original file extensions so I have never committed an error such as replacing .efx with .eps or .els, but still instead of getting to view a weird in-game animation I'm getting crashes. I've sticked to syntax as well to not get unnecessary spaces between keywords but result is the same. I swore I saw some screenshots where result clearly was an edited file, not swapped ... I wonder what's the trick in this one. Only some extensions can be swapped without an error or it's all bound to trial and error? Well, weird tbh.

I'm not sure but perhaps someone discussed this topic already? Editing, not swapping and getting stuff actually work without a crash.
Old 06/18/2009, 07:52   #12

sir.. i changed my soul blade into fb's bm-fire blade. so whenever i cast it, my katana has a fire glow. but how can i add another ice blade to my other sword? can you teach me?
and another question..
can you give the code for other blader's buff? cause i only know soul blade. i want to know the code for aura barrier and mirage step..

thanks
Old 06/18/2009, 08:55   #13

You can't add ANOTHER ice blade.
You can only switch, not add buff visual effects.
Old 06/18/2009, 14:28   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrydee View Post
sir.. i changed my soul blade into fb's bm-fire blade. so whenever i cast it, my katana has a fire glow. but how can i add another ice blade to my other sword? can you teach me?
and another question..
can you give the code for other blader's buff? cause i only know soul blade. i want to know the code for aura barrier and mirage step..

thanks
Sorry for the late answer. Now, the things you ask are complicated but I've tested them to the ground, frankly. In order for you to understand how things work I will have to lay out some theory first so you will understand wtf I'm talking about ;d

First, you will notice that buffs have 'keep' animation and 'casting' animation. Not all buffs that have casting animation have keep animation in game what means you can't for instance add a visual effect to Down Breaker, even if you find the number of the file of casting animation and then create the .efx file on your own for keep animation, copy-pasting content of another buff (or simply renaming/swapping). It's because there is some kind of hardcoded game file responsible for buffs and skills, determining which have visible effect in the game or not. For example, after ep2 FB's buffs aqua vitality and earth guard are no longer visible outside battle mode1. Now, if you wanted let's say assign a sword buff effect to any FB buff besides default blade enchants, while you can swap the effect for earth guard, aqua vitality AND wind movement, effect will be visible only for wind movement, because in hardcoded master file both aqua vitality and earth guard are marked as 'not shown'. Afaik it's impossible to change this without decrypting some sort of file/game executive file or having access to server files. Although, you can do the exact opposite like deleting current buff files deleting an effect from the game.

Another thing are different sets of animations assigned to buffs. FB buffs are customized to work with swapping onto 1h and 2h weapons, what means they will work normally both with 1h and 2h weapons. I didn't notice any graphic glitches over 2h weapons myself. The problem is if you assign 1h effect to DUAL BLADES (2x1h). Here comes your bug, where one of the weapons has an effect, the other not. I have tried myself opening .efx files with notepad editor and just swap the textures and even if I tried to preserve original structure of the file, game would crash upon launch or after loading/using the buff. In my test I used dual wield soul blade animation and tried randomly swapping files to their parent extensions based on lighting blade buff, leaving some entries intact (e.g. you change .els only to .els and .efx only to .efx and so on, without deleting anything). Myself I have expected rather strangely looking buff, but again, like I've said game crashed for me. I can't deny whether any edit change to files will crash the game no matter what and why, I would need something to decrypt that random babble in the files to back up this as theory.

In other words, it's impossible to swap files for desired effect on blader, with fb blade enchants. Now, you will notice all other sword buffs have 1h,2h and dual version. If you want to make your soul blade buff more unique for blader, you could swap sbuff_keepdu202 with sbuff_keepdu215 or revert to previous sword buffs. The same 1h/2h-only compatibility problem applies to FS's Bane skill as well, which will work on 1h/2h weapons but not in 1h dual wield mode correctly.

Now to answer your another questions.

sbuff_keep__204 is Iron Skin, sbuff_keep__205 is Aura Barrier. Mirage step I believe is sbuff_keep__211 (didn't test)

other blader weapon buffs

sbuff_keepdu200 - blade force
sbuff_keepdu201 - blade aura
sbuff_keepdu215 - not used, korean beta Might Wish FS's effect with dual wield adaptation

Another thing is when you change one buffs to another, you will run often into glitches. It's because the hardcoded master file I mentioned earlier decides also if some buffs are viewable in town or not.

Let's take an example, FS's Crushing Blade. Default effect is that flying orb being always shown both outside town and in town. Now, if you change it to some sword buff like Mortal Bane or Lighting Blade, you will notice that the buff is shown as well when you are in town, while your weapon is HIDDEN. It leads to graphic oddities, which are not visually pleasing. Outside town everything works normal, though.

There are also another bugs but with the game itself, when some people dancing in town use their weapons and the others have blade buffs visible, or both. It has nothing to do with swapping files. The only bug coming from swapping files that may occur I already mentioned 'always shown' buff bug.

Let's be honest, there are not too many effects and not all of them are not only worth swapping, but often can't be changed/made visible at all.

As for changing skills, I wouldn't advice doing so, more likely than not you will create some bugged hybrids that not only make you unable to use the combo, but to other people it may look like you are using hacks or didn't patch game properly, thus getting you banned.

------------

CherryDee, why didn't you read my previous post in full anyway? It explained very well all the sword buffs and their types, including other weapon blader buffs you asked for.
Old 06/18/2009, 17:28   #15

uhmm thanks for the info ^^
yeah i've read everything u posted in the 1st page. but i ddnt find the iron skin, aura barrier and the mirage step. hehe
the blade aura buff cant be used with soul blade though..its evoulated skill something..
thanks for the guide. my fb looks cool now
bm1 fire blade + bm1 ice blade + bm1 wind movement
the other two buff are not shown so i cant change it anyway..

as for my blader.. only sould blade is replaced by fire blade. i guess theres nothing more i can swap for my blader. ..