Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Cabal Online
You last visited: Today at 15:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Cabal PH graphics issue

Discussion on Cabal PH graphics issue within the Cabal Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Cabal PH graphics issue

Hi guys, I'm new here. I already searched the forums for a problem similar to mine but haven't found anything.

Anyway, here's my problem:

I downloaded Cabal and installed it to my laptop. I didn't experience any problems during download and installation, but when I started playing, I noticed that my HP and MP meters, map, enemy HP meter, and the background of my inventory, skills, quest, guild / buddy and character boxes oftentimes disappear. I also can't see the Combo UI when I activate the Combo skill so I can't do combos. In the case of my map, I can only see the text, but no terrain features whatsoever. When I do dungeon quests, i couldn't see how much time I have left. This is really annoying, especially when I need to find something on my map, and I have no way of knowing how much MP, HP or time I have left. MP is not really an issue because blue potions are on auto, but I have to do a rough estimate of my HP by looking at how much damage I get from the enemies each time I get hit and subtracting it from my HP. So when I get distracted, I lose track and forget to take red potions and I die and get a death penalty.

I have already tried a clean install (uninstalling and re-installing) of the client, plain re-install (no uninstall), I have downloaded a fresh Cabal client from another mirror from the Cabal PH website and did a clean install, I already did defrags of my HDD and the registry, and I also did registry clean-ups after uninstalling the client but the problem persists.

I can have a graphics-problem-free Cabal experience when I go to computer shops to play there, but it kinda defeats the purpose of installing it in my laptop. Not to mention some security issues when I play in public computers.

Is there anything I should do that I have forgotten? For those who are interested, here are the specs of my laptop:

Compaq Presario C733TU
Intel Celeron 1.86GHz
1GB DDR2 SDRAM
256MB Video Card
MS XP Pro SP2 OS

I would really appreciate any help you can give, guys. Thanks in advance.
Old 04/04/2009, 18:48   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brengsek View Post
Compaq Presario C733TU
Intel Celeron 1.86GHz
1GB DDR2 SDRAM
256MB Video Card
MS XP Pro SP2 OS

I would really appreciate any help you can give, guys. Thanks in advance.
• Do you have the latest drivers for the graphic card? If not, that may cause inbalance in the game. At least you reach most of the requriements for the game, though the graphic card may be close to the edge since it is a laptop.

System specifications ]

Type Minimum Specification
CPU Pentium 3 800MHz +
RAM 512MB +
Graphics Card 3D accelerator
Sound Card Any DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Hard disk space 2.5GB +

Type Recommended Specification
CPU Pentium 4 1.4GHz +
RAM 1GB +
Graphics Card Radeon 9800PRO + / Geforce 6600GT +
Sound Card Any DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Hard disk space 2.5GB +

". If your system is below minimum requirements:
The game may not operate correctly and may suffer from poor performance as well as graphical and system stability issues."

" If your system meets the minimum requirements : I think this is about where you are.
The game should run, but you should lower the detail levels and graphical resolution to give your system the best chance to run smoothly"
Old 04/05/2009, 08:47   #3

I have the latest driver for my graphics card. My friend has exactly the same laptop as mine, and he plays Cabal on his laptop without any problems.

I have also lowered the graphical detail levels and the resolution, same problem.
Old 04/05/2009, 09:28   #4

just a weird suggestion: try and uninstall, delete everything from cabal folder, and then instal again.
As chikz said, try to get the latest drivers (yes, i saw you have them), but try to download them again.
And please make a screen if you can, so we can see what is your problem EXACTLY.
Old 04/05/2009, 12:52   #5

Is it only in cabal you get these problems, how about other games?
Do you have DirectX9 installed?