Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Blade & Soul
You last visited: Today at 10:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Of course... Gameguard...

Discussion on Of course... Gameguard... within the Blade & Soul forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Of course... Gameguard...

Why the hell do companies think Gameguard is still ok? It's 2016. People still bypass it. Innocent users go through agony of being unable to use many programs while playing the game. People not running windows cannot play the game, simply because of Gameguard.

I've been googling and searching up and down and cannot figure out how to disable gameguard. I'm running BnS through wine. I don't plan on using any hacks or bots, I just want to play the game but gameguard fails at authentication and almost immediately closes.
Old 01/22/2016, 00:15   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Unfortunately, it's still the best option they have.
Old 01/22/2016, 00:53   #3

elite*gold: 94
Received Thanks: 1,496
Ok so I've already unpacked and bypassed the client yesterday.
But this is not an optimal solution because it will need to be done after every patch to the main executable.

I'm going to work on a, "more consistent" (I guess) bypass tonight.
Basically a pattern based bypass that'll work with every update and with a packed client as well.

I've already made that for other games, it's just a matter of implementing the bypass from yesterday with this method (just a few NOPs and JMPs, there's no heartbeat packet).
But what I'm actually very interested in is whether it'll work in a Wine environment or not, I've never actually tried this.
I will PM you in the next few hours, keep an eye on your forum inbox.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/22/2016, 01:22   #4

Thank you very much, I'll keep an eye out for it and let you know if it works.
Old 01/22/2016, 08:01   #5

elite*gold: 193
Received Thanks: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriya9 View Post
Ok so I've already unpacked and bypassed the client yesterday.
But this is not an optimal solution because it will need to be done after every patch to the main executable.

I'm going to work on a, "more consistent" (I guess) bypass tonight.
Basically a pattern based bypass that'll work with every update and with a packed client as well.

I've already made that for other games, it's just a matter of implementing the bypass from yesterday with this method (just a few NOPs and JMPs, there's no heartbeat packet).
But what I'm actually very interested in is whether it'll work in a Wine environment or not, I've never actually tried this.
I will PM you in the next few hours, keep an eye on your forum inbox.

Actually it's several JMP's, no need to NOP, a push and a mov , if you want to do it completely.
Old 01/22/2016, 09:07   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploxasarus View Post
Actually it's several JMP's, no need to NOP, a push and a mov , if you want to do it completely.
I just NOP the initialization and JMP on the check. Can't get any more simple than that :P
It's 9 bytes to NOP and one byte from JNE to JMP.
Old 01/22/2016, 15:55   #7

Seriously? They didn't implement the heartbeat? Wtf were they thinking?
Ok guess that makes my life easier then, I'll bypass it for now to work on my bot
Old 01/22/2016, 16:08   #8

elite*gold: 193
Received Thanks: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriya9 View Post
I just NOP the initialization and JMP on the check. Can't get any more simple than that :P
It's 9 bytes to NOP and one byte from JNE to JMP.
Well you could just do push 1 > 0 aswell. But I just don't like to do a sloppy job in memory and just make it completely not even load as a whole or initialize even in the slightest bit and though NOP may solve that, it is just not in my nature to do ASM as such

No there is no heartbeat, already working on something too
Old 01/23/2016, 03:11   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeliae View Post
Seriously? They didn't implement the heartbeat? Wtf were they thinking?
Ok guess that makes my life easier then, I'll bypass it for now to work on my bot
I was very surprised too. I mean, what's the point of having an anti-cheat like GameGuard without a heartbeat?
It's rendering it useless at best and just plain annoying at worse.
Old 01/23/2016, 07:59   #10

Does this mean it can be playable on Linux? I'm not really sure I know how to do this in oly but if anyone actually releases the bypass I would love you forever. (I already love you pl0x for your GW2 tool.)
Old 01/23/2016, 08:05   #11

Yup, once Gameguard was bypassed, I was able to play on Linux. The only issue I've had is a few rare crashes, and that typically only happens if I'm staying in one area too long.

I'll leave it up to Oriya9 to release though. Wouldn't want to release something I didn't make.
Old 01/23/2016, 21:34   #12

Is there an ETA for the release?
Old 01/25/2016, 01:39   #13

Just to let you guys know. A russian BnS player has already bypassed Gameguard, and so far that GG Bypass has worked in all CBT builds, this build, and builds for other countries as well which is pretty **** amazing.

Another thing I've noticed is that a bypass is not even needed to make some edits for BNS, I could easily inject a patcher i modified to work on BnS and it will automaticly load up all of my edits on Client.exe and Bsengine_shipping.dll. Pretty much a GG Bypass is only useful for optimization, debugging, and like what shifty was trying to do, make it work on linux

I came from dojo, but ubercowgirl777 doesn't allow stuff like this. I might release something here, but so far I have nothing interesting on the plate at this moment.

I didn't know a section here existed. Hi
Old 01/25/2016, 04:30   #14

dam u finally 'step'ing away from mabi or something ? would be really glad to have you here, mabi is way too dead and you always brought a lot of really good quality things to mabinogi.
Old 01/25/2016, 18:40   #15

elite*gold: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by passivebear View Post
dam u finally 'step'ing away from mabi or something ? would be really glad to have you here, mabi is way too dead and you always brought a lot of really good quality things to mabinogi.
step aint gonna stop with mabi ev0r hes a freakin mabi addict . but eyyy 'ello step

@thread .. fk GG