Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Battle of the Immortals
You last visited: Today at 11:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conflict of Interest and Points

Discussion on Conflict of Interest and Points within the Battle of the Immortals forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Conflict of Interest and Points

Too godamn many BOI servers. Everyone assuming BOI and WOI are the same game and being ignorant of the fact that WOI is in so many ways an improvement and better game.
1. Prettier Graphics.
2. Pvp isn't ruled by one class and broken
3. No broken quests filling your quest log for an eternity
4. You won't find people afk killing because people on WOI aren't fucking retarded to afk in red zones. Because you know...SOUL GEAR DOESNT DROP IN INSTANCES...so you can't farm shit and get OP easy. You actually have to play the game. Gee fancy that.
5. There's more events than BOI has had this entire time being live on official or any pserver alone in WOI in it's baser form. (Colloseum, World Tree Instance, Primordial Games, Sundered Asylum, Lava Heights, Zodiac Temple, Siege of Rites, TW, Battle Royale, Osiris' Revenge Qualifications, Osiris Revenge, Dragon Slayer, Bounty Hunter ((NOTHING LIKE THE BOI BOUNTYHUNTER!)), Magic Academy daily instance, Trials, special events that happen once a month, special boss events and spawns that happen etc etc etc.
6. Some class similiarities, but many improvements. Pvp more fluent and smooth.
7. No sitting for hours on end or having to change the time on pet melds because unlike BOI, WOI doesn't need to sit for pet melding for gen 2 and 3 pets. You simply "ascend" a pet and there you have it. No pesky having to have two pets the same growth range and level abouts.
8. Each class has a "Combat Mastery" skill which raises stats as a passive for specifically that class. Something BOI doesn't have.
9. Pet rebirthing isn't shitty and ridiculous as BOI where you have to sit there and keep clicking and pray to god. You have the option of taking a perf rebirth with every single rebirth you do. Imagine that.
10. When you ascend pets that are skilled you have the options of keeping the skills so you don't fuck up your pet and lose all that hard work you just put into skilling it for full passives or something like that.
11. Most of the combat mounts you see on custom BOI servers are taken from WOI servers, why not play it and see the original real combat mounts in their prime and glory?
12. Stop assuming that it's the same or a rip off and actually play it and find out things for yourself instead of being ignorant. Just saying you all BOI players would probably actually LIKE WOI if you put time into it and stopped assuming and looking at the game like it was a copycat. For the most part it is, I know this. But there are so many better differences in place that it makes it an entirely better game. You actually have to play the game to get something out of it. Whereas BOI you can spam packs all day, afk farm and bam you're op. That's not playing for power. That's afk'ing for power. That's retarded. That's not fun at all. Anyone with a right mind would agree.
13. Just trust the madman on this one. More often than not when I make points like this, I'm correct. If you still like to afk for power and play BOI, -shrug- I can't force you to try WOI, you're just missing out on awesomeness.
14. While I see so many people putting up and requesting BOI servers, it's obviously easy as shit to get a hold of BOI files. What I have noticed is that not many people sell or get a hold of WOI files. And yet it's so much of a better game. And yet WOI files when sold are ridiculously overtaxed or overpriced. Someone tried to sell a friend of mine WOI Cult of the Wyrm files for 15k USD or 30k USD. As if someone is really that loaded...are you that stupid? They're worth about the same or less than BOI's. Especially with the way you all use BOI like it's a cheap dime a dozen hooker. Seriously....stop closing yourselves off to awesomeness. You'll find you like shit that's different from what you're used to. It's like thinking you won't like something new when you're growing up and then trying it and being like "ayyyyyyye this is actually pretty fun."
Old 09/07/2015, 00:25   #2

ofc woi isnt boi
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/07/2015, 04:23   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros_ View Post
ofc woi isnt boi
right, WOI is better.

WOI is in steam ( very popular gaming service ) whereas a BOI client can't be found anywhere.

And I agree with all of this that original poster said, would've said it myself to the many ignorant people who think BOI is better, but it's pointless.

Let them go to BOI and waste their money if they want.

BTW, BOI Trinity stole every single new thing they've added to their server from WOI.

All their combat mounts, pets, and fashions were from WOI originally.

WOI Is the better version of BOI, why else would PWI support it so much?

Produces more money as well because it's an overall better game.

BOI Trinity deletes peoples comments and bans them from their page but too bad they can't do that on epvp, you've been called out Trinity.

Learn to be original or is your kid brain not able to?

Btw WOI files do typically sell for $10k, WOI Destruction bought them for that price.
( Latest one Cult of Wyrm Expansion ofc not previous ones, but this patch brings a whole lot of things. Such as BOI card system but a hell of a lot more improved with skills and everything. )

It's supply and demand.

Lots of people want the files, limited supply, and they've already sold it for that price.
So, no need to lower it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/07/2015, 09:04   #4

If you don't like BOI and like WOI it does not mean that everyone feels the same ... i personally tried WOI so many times and it's always a really really really boring game, it's extremly boring and the font hurt my eyes so bad ... dmg is small, farming sucks and pets are so underpowered ... there nothing fun about WOI ... and i'm not the only one who thinks this way that's why you see so many BOI servers and so few WOI servers ...
Old 09/07/2015, 10:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheadylol View Post
If you don't like BOI and like WOI it does not mean that everyone feels the same ... i personally tried WOI so many times and it's always a really really really boring game, it's extremly boring and the font hurt my eyes so bad ... dmg is small, farming sucks and pets are so underpowered ... there nothing fun about WOI ... and i'm not the only one who thinks this way that's why you see so many BOI servers and so few WOI servers ...
So to summarize, you want to farm afk all day and you want everything easy in a game. A game that multiple people play. Because you want it easy you think it should be easy as shit and you get OP on a server??? You ain't going to get any fun out of being OP that fast. You going to get bored because people ain't going to stick around that long when shit's too easy. Every single BOI server I've played on made it way too fucking easy to get op. Every single damned one was so easy I could go up against donators and still whip their asses. It happened on a BOI server once that a guy in the live chat tried to PAY THE OWNERS TO BAN ME! In front of a multitude of server players and staff members. And I just laughed. I laughed for a straight hour when their staff flat out told him. "Hahahahaha no. FUck off. Ask again and we'll ban you instead." THAT. THAT is the kind of staff a server needs. One that doesn't fuck around. AT all. One that actually takes care of and protects the donators and the free players alike instead of showing favoritism. This is a mistake many developers and people have been making for so many servers on here that it's ridiculous. Back to the point of BOI vs WOI. WOI isn't boring because there's actually shit to do. Quests to get combat skills. Oh and dual classes? Meaning you could be any combination including a hrtc/slyr? BOI ain't got shit on that alone. WOI has Keystones, comparable to the BOI asteroids, a system called Faith which BOI has nothing like. "Advanced Skills" beyond the normal ones much like the Exalted skills of BOI. Then with the newest Patch..."Heroic Skills". You're supporting a game that's literally cheap as dirt and that has no value anymore. You're supporting a game that's broken with pvp. The damage is low in WOI? Play the fucking game. That's how you get your dmg to go up. Duh. You actually have to put in effort into a game to get something out of it. If you put minimal effort into a game that you enjoy and you get endgame results quickly where's the fun in actually working for it and feeling like you achieved something instead of getting op on multiple accounts in no time at all? ARe you honestly going to sit here in front of an entire forum of people and argue against something completely logical? Jesus you're as good as the BOI files being used like a cheap dime at the corner hooker. Seriously. I mean I'm sorry if that's insulting and rude but you're not thinking with your head on straight if you're saying that.

And I played Trinity. It was trash. The moment I saw them bring in the pet models for Dark Venus, Aphrodite, and the combat mount for Zeus Wings and renamed them "Trinity Wings" I knew it would be shit. And only favor donators. And anyone who said anything against it being shitty or anyone who knew dirt or had dirt on them got snuffed on their forums. Convenient. Very convenient. It's obvious that they want to cover up any shitty dirty laundry they have and throw a rug over it like it's going to go away. Lol. Honestly how stupid are people these days...the levels of stupidity, illogical thinking, insanity, and over all two faced hollow promises. The funniest thing is that you can't repackage shit and make it less shitty. Shit is shit is shit. You can't take little bits and pieces from a newer car and make an old shitty beat up car and make it great again. You'd have to rebuild it from the ground up. WOI is a better version of BOI. Hence it was BOI once but got gutted down to the very core and rebuilt into something better. Now tell me again. You're supporting a game with broken pvp, broken branch quests, one that you can farm to power forever on without ever running out of combat aid because you don't run out once you're Plat Noble. Whereas WOI you actually have to think to get ahead, you have to play the game and put in effort. I'm not understanding where you're coming from or what you're actually supporting about BOI. It's like...A toy that was "all the rage" that people now look at and go "Ew what the hell is this thing."
Old 09/07/2015, 10:52   #6

boi and woi are two different games... it's like comparing apple to orange, you sound like you were saying "oranges suck! they're too sour! people should stop eating them and focus on apples!". i'm glad you have your personal opinion, but you shouldn't force it on others.

i like boi. i like simple stuff, i like farming instances and rbing my pet. i like spending days on a single pet just so i can trash it few moments later and start a new one. i like it when there are only few classes (i liked boi better before summoner was introduced ;/). i don't like thinking too much when playing mmorpgs, i've got work for that.

are you seriously trying to insult everyone who likes different stuff than you do? why won't you insult people who don't play games at all? i mean, they don't like woi either...
Old 09/07/2015, 11:44   #7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgwtfhax View Post
boi and woi are two different games... it's like comparing apple to orange, you sound like you were saying "oranges suck! they're too sour! people should stop eating them and focus on apples!". i'm glad you have your personal opinion, but you shouldn't force it on others.

i like boi. i like simple stuff, i like farming instances and rbing my pet. i like spending days on a single pet just so i can trash it few moments later and start a new one. i like it when there are only few classes (i liked boi better before summoner was introduced ;/). i don't like thinking too much when playing mmorpgs, i've got work for that.

are you seriously trying to insult everyone who likes different stuff than you do? why won't you insult people who don't play games at all? i mean, they don't like woi either...
Obviously understood what I was saying and ignored the entire point of it. I wasn't saying that towards the people that don't like to have to work for it. I was saying it towards the people who have bad things to say about it and act like BOI's perfect. <3 I wouldn't insult someone for having a game or thing they enjoy doing. If they have a game they like playing and it's fun for them good. If they're openly saying a game is boring, and that they tried it multiple times, complained about dmg being low, and multiple other points that they know how to get around on their own then they're doing nothing but squawking and flailing their arms about.

Quote:
The font's the same as BOI's so there's no reason to even say that. It hurts your eyes just as much on BOI. Lol. If you say you tried it many times, you didn't give it long enough. You have to actually learn the game to like it. Same as you had to learn BOI to like it.
Old 09/07/2015, 19:26   #8

I assure you that WOI and BOI have different fonts ... WOI's is alot smaller ... and afking all day to be OP is ok, i used to like playing games when i was young but at some point in life you have alot of other things to do to live, you don't have the 15h/day you had when you were young just to play a game, yet BOI gives you that option to enjoy high end pvp without actually playing your way to that high end, so yeah it's a fun game where you can have fun that 1 free hour you still have if you want to use it playing a game ...
I really fail to see your point ... basically you hate BOI for being more appreciated than WOI ? that's weird ...
Old 09/07/2015, 19:38   #9

Dota 1 and Dota 2 aint the same game and???Making a Big scene out of a small topic?It goes about personal preferences.I Play Boi from close beta so obviously i think boi's better.People call Woi boi 2.For me it doesn't matter tbh.If i enjoy a game i'll play it.

Saying Woi is on steam that makes it better....Are people retarded???Steam is ****.Ea games Origin is ****.....Perfect worlds Arc is ****.Its the same as Microsoft Windows.An incomplete project.Only one thats semi good are Blizzard.....Pity Diablo 3 sucks
Old 09/08/2015, 03:38   #10

Don't blame the buyer , blame the producer ^^
Old 09/08/2015, 06:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderung View Post
Don't blame the buyer , blame the producer ^^
Little confused on the context of the wording.
Old 09/08/2015, 11:46   #12

woi is far better that boi, the only stupi thing about boi is the pets, i want custom pets or a lil more power
Old 09/08/2015, 19:45   #13

I wanna start of by pointing out the obvious here... No one is gonna take time out of their lives to read your wall-of-text. Space it out into paragraphs..

Anyway, I have things to contradict nearly every single 'numbered statement' you have provided, but I've selected the two dumbest ones just to prove my point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieMatingCall View Post
12. Stop assuming that it's the same or a rip off and actually play it and find out things for yourself instead of being ignorant. Just saying you all BOI players would probably actually LIKE WOI if you put time into it and stopped assuming and looking at the game like it was a copycat. For the most part it is, I know this. But there are so many better differences in place that it makes it an entirely better game. You actually have to play the game to get something out of it. Whereas BOI you can spam packs all day, afk farm and bam you're op. That's not playing for power. That's afk'ing for power. That's retarded. That's not fun at all. Anyone with a right mind would agree.
This part makes me smirk, mostly because you don't seem to realize that "under the hood", WOI is merely a copy-pastarino version of BOI. Server files not to mention the Client files are all built using the same project structure, development tools, localization tools, and files (yes, even copy-pasted BOI files are in there!). Then they added a whole new layer of retardom to their Client with what you call "Better graphics". It might not surprise you after hearing this that their 3rd Immortals game was also built using the same copy-paste "technique". One prime example is the fact that nearly every single vanilla BOI "Mob", "Pet" and "Mount" is available in WOI, but is never introduced into the "main game", so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieMatingCall View Post
14. While I see so many people putting up and requesting BOI servers, it's obviously easy as shit to get a hold of BOI files. What I have noticed is that not many people sell or get a hold of WOI files. And yet it's so much of a better game. And yet WOI files when sold are ridiculously overtaxed or overpriced. Someone tried to sell a friend of mine WOI Cult of the Wyrm files for 15k USD or 30k USD. As if someone is really that loaded...are you that stupid? They're worth about the same or less than BOI's. Especially with the way you all use BOI like it's a cheap dime a dozen hooker. Seriously....stop closing yourselves off to awesomeness. You'll find you like shit that's different from what you're used to. It's like thinking you won't like something new when you're growing up and then trying it and being like "ayyyyyyye this is actually pretty fun."
If it's so "easy as shit" to get a hold of BOI files, why don't you get them? I mean for $15-30k I'd imagine you'd want to get a hold of them right? Since it's so easy, go for it!

No, in all seriousness, you obviously can't. This statement of yours was so cringe it makes me want to poke my eyes out. There are around 2-4 people with the direct access required to even be remotely capable of retrieving the files you speak of.

What you also don't realize is that all these BOI/WOI server owners are completely out of their league speaking about buying files, etc. The people that do sell, and the people that actually do buy, they make their living through private servers, in one way or another. Many around $5k/month, so for those, it's not that expensive. Some lowlife kitchen employee running his private server part-time isn't going to be able to afford such updates, nor invest the time or passion in order to run it.

I hope this brightens your obliviously clouded mind at least a tiny bit. Oh, and if you didn't already know, Cult was leaked a long time ago and is available for free Download on certain sites. Let me know if you find the right one.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/16/2015, 14:10   #14

Nvm, found it.