Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Battle of the Immortals
You last visited: Today at 09:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Search a good BoI server

Discussion on Search a good BoI server within the Battle of the Immortals forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Search a good BoI server

Hay you see on my topic i seach a BoI Server the server should be not the with only high rates where u start with high lavel and weapons and armor and i search a server where too some german player are

mfg
Old 07/09/2015, 18:39   #2

The likelihood of such a place coming up, isn't very high. As you can see from most of the servers posted here, they're failures. Some that still exist only exist because of donators that are clinging to their developer's testicles. Thusly the servers that're existing like this are purely symbiotic/parasitic if you will. They'll die once their purpose is served/GM has the money they want. I don't see it happening, but maybe someone will actually grow some *****, be an honest person, and actually make a good server...the **** am I saying...xD This is Elitepvper's and the only person I've seen do so well was Menoz. Every time I've seen someone speak of him on here, they praised him. I think I'd like to see his work again...if he finds a way to make time. Then again...he said so himself he'd rather watch it die. Just a thought, I don't think any such servers that're "good" will exist for a while. Devastation's design was good, the management that was behind it ruined it. Infinity I've heard is full of donators clinging to the GM's ***** for superiority over anyone that doesn't shell out the same cash. Trinity? It's honestly a joke. A donator's sandbox playground more or less. They threw in some fancy looking pets for donators and boosted the growth, and hey, if you pay 100 bucks, you get a pet with six SoV skills, that sounds like it's totally fair that only a select few can have that right? Lol. Nope. It's already one sided. You can shell out cash to get oracles, e45 gear on trinity. And while they claim e45 gear drops from special bosses, I've seen the drops, I've been there and played the server. Your chances of getting your full e45 gear with that drop-rate are likely going to take over a few months of time with the drop rates I heard of last. That and if you know the way people are on private servers, there's plenty of drama around. There's one GM that's polite and lovely to people, then there's another GM that doesn't give two ***** about anyone on Trinity if they ain't waving cash in his face. Sadly that's how it is. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Old 07/10/2015, 04:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieMatingCall View Post
The likelihood of such a place coming up, isn't very high. As you can see from most of the servers posted here, they're failures. Some that still exist only exist because of donators that are clinging to their developer's testicles. Thusly the servers that're existing like this are purely symbiotic/parasitic if you will. They'll die once their purpose is served/GM has the money they want. I don't see it happening, but maybe someone will actually grow some balls, be an honest person, and actually make a good server...the fuck am I saying...xD This is Elitepvper's and the only person I've seen do so well was Menoz. Every time I've seen someone speak of him on here, they praised him. I think I'd like to see his work again...if he finds a way to make time. Then again...he said so himself he'd rather watch it die. Just a thought, I don't think any such servers that're "good" will exist for a while. Devastation's design was good, the management that was behind it ruined it. Infinity I've heard is full of donators clinging to the GM's balls for superiority over anyone that doesn't shell out the same cash. Trinity? It's honestly a joke. A donator's sandbox playground more or less. They threw in some fancy looking pets for donators and boosted the growth, and hey, if you pay 100 bucks, you get a pet with six SoV skills, that sounds like it's totally fair that only a select few can have that right? Lol. Nope. It's already one sided. You can shell out cash to get oracles, e45 gear on trinity. And while they claim e45 gear drops from special bosses, I've seen the drops, I've been there and played the server. Your chances of getting your full e45 gear with that drop-rate are likely going to take over a few months of time with the drop rates I heard of last. That and if you know the way people are on private servers, there's plenty of drama around. There's one GM that's polite and lovely to people, then there's another GM that doesn't give two fucks about anyone on Trinity if they ain't waving cash in his face. Sadly that's how it is. I hope you find what you're looking for.
if it comes down to it I can throw up a pvp server easily enough without a lot of issues
Old 07/10/2015, 08:56   #4

Do it but with nice features =)
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/10/2015, 22:24   #5

I've already seen one of your projects go to hell. If it ends up anything like the first thing I saw you put up...I don't think anyone wants a part of it.
Old 07/11/2015, 02:19   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieMatingCall View Post
I've already seen one of your projects go to hell. If it ends up anything like the first thing I saw you put up...I don't think anyone wants a part of it.
Making a pvp server would just basically mean i make a server load boi on it make the basics free and start you at max level with gear. I don't see how i could screw that up. My first project "failed" because I got in some trouble and shut it down to afford lawyers the second one worked out fine till I got a DDoS attack on it and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Know your facts. 90% of the "features" Trinity has came from my server and unlike most GM's for servers I actually put effort into catering to F2P players as well as P2P there was an issue with the pets for a while P2P pets were OP and it took me a few days to find the issue and fix it. Point being I did fix it despite donors bitching about it. I am not Menoz I didn't spend months as part of a group learning the coding I just jumped into it and did my best and personally feel I did a better job at it than anyone else who has tried since menoz was around. I did my severs because i love the game and I love most of the community hell the little money i made is still on my paymentwall i havent touched it because I still want to run a server at some point I just plan to either wait till someone gives up the files for the "new" expansion or i can find someone who wants to help me build a server for the players not just to line there pocket. sure it is nice to get paid for what you work on, but that shouldnt be the only motivator and sadly that is all any GM I have met cares about when it comes down to it. With the exception of menoz because I know the amount of effort he put into this game most of it getting paid nothing or very little and still working just as hard. You wanna know why no one is going to amount to menoz because no one cares about the game they just want to make a fast buck from the few die hard players who are willing to shell out. unlike menoz I don't want to see this game die I have too many memories of this game to want to see it die.
Old 07/11/2015, 07:24   #7

Well what i meant by nice features is custom drops at bosses so you just don't stay in atlantis all day ^_^ then it would be a fun server =)
Old 07/11/2015, 15:27   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhallikhi View Post
Making a pvp server would just basically mean i make a server load boi on it make the basics free and start you at max level with gear. I don't see how i could screw that up. My first project "failed" because I got in some trouble and shut it down to afford lawyers the second one worked out fine till I got a DDoS attack on it and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Know your facts. 90% of the "features" Trinity has came from my server and unlike most GM's for servers I actually put effort into catering to F2P players as well as P2P there was an issue with the pets for a while P2P pets were OP and it took me a few days to find the issue and fix it. Point being I did fix it despite donors bitching about it. I am not Menoz I didn't spend months as part of a group learning the coding I just jumped into it and did my best and personally feel I did a better job at it than anyone else who has tried since menoz was around. I did my severs because i love the game and I love most of the community hell the little money i made is still on my paymentwall i havent touched it because I still want to run a server at some point I just plan to either wait till someone gives up the files for the "new" expansion or i can find someone who wants to help me build a server for the players not just to line there pocket. sure it is nice to get paid for what you work on, but that shouldnt be the only motivator and sadly that is all any GM I have met cares about when it comes down to it. With the exception of menoz because I know the amount of effort he put into this game most of it getting paid nothing or very little and still working just as hard. You wanna know why no one is going to amount to menoz because no one cares about the game they just want to make a fast buck from the few die hard players who are willing to shell out. unlike menoz I don't want to see this game die I have too many memories of this game to want to see it die.
Hello, can you stop using my server's name. I coded everything by myself. As far as I know your server was not OW, next to that, I've spent months of time coding the custom stuff. Necros helped me sometimes, but that's it. No one else has to do anything with my project.

If you feel like trash talking, please keep my server out of it.

Kind regards,
Defmenow
Old 07/11/2015, 16:13   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by defmenow View Post
Hello, can you stop using my server's name. I coded everything by myself. As far as I know your server was not OW, next to that, I've spent months of time coding the custom stuff. Necros helped me sometimes, but that's it. No one else has to do anything with my project.

Kind regards,
Defmenow
dude go back to your server!i just heard the clerk ringing for 25 bucks more!
Old 07/11/2015, 23:57   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by defmenow View Post

Kind regards,
Defmenow
I can prove it. the only thing your sever has that my OW server didnt is the ex 45/50 items and that is because I didn't want to add them manually id have rather used necros tool which wasn't finished at that time. the pets custom bosses and exc. I had in my server and didnt charge players an arm and a leg for except for one pet poseidon which i gave to people who donated alot for free along with the zen they purchased. and you say you spent months coding these pets and bosses and stuff? I spent maybe 2 weeks coding everything to mine and that was learning everything about coding the game from scratch + adding that content in those 2 weeks. I never said you stole them or anything but those who talked to me at the time know that i started my OW server knowing nothing about the coding process and within 2 weeks had pretty much accomplished the same thing you have over the supposed months you spent on it. I was simply comparing the effort and experience difference between us to give Wookie some idea of the difference between me and the rest of the coders. For example I never wanted to add Zen or anything purchasable to my servers I was asked to by players because while everything was obtainable in game some people dont want to work for it. You have basically vice gripped your players by the balls forcing them to buy from you to even try to keep up in pvp players who play your server free from the launch who still don't have ex45 armor because of the dead stupid drop rate of that armor who get beat like like a red headed step child because of it. My point: you are the prime example of someone who has taken this game pushed out a release and are "forcing" players to spend money to line your pockets and if your game chat and post on here are anything to merit you, I really havent said anything that players haven't proven and complained about over and over again yet nothing has changed. So in conclusion 1) shouldnt have taken you as long as it did to do the changes you made. 2) player suggested or your own idea or whatever most of your features i had on my OW server before you did 3) I spent far less time than you adding those features 3) I wasn't trash talking your server I was, if anything, trash talking you 4) now I really am trash talking you. 5) you are the prime example of greed. 6) I did this because to be honest I feel at this point even if I made a mlp game it couldnt be worse than the current servers for BOI players have available and 7) people like you are the primary reason to menoz saying that this game should just die out.
Thanks
2 Users